It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more Trans-Texas Corridor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
www.star-telegram.com...

The Texas Department of Transportation on Wednesday will announce that it has officially selected the "no-build" option for the Trans Texas Corridor, effectively putting an end to the planning process for the hotly contested proposal to build toll roads, rail lines and utilities across the state, an official said.

Well those who believe that the trans-tx corridor was a major plan in the NWOs plan, it dosent seem that they are going to be able to accomplish that anytime soon. I remember in the video End Game there was a major segment about Texas and the highway system and all that about being the plan for a north american union but this has gone down pretty quick.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

Good news.

I am patiently waiting for the state of Texas to make a stand!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Pftt, NWO plan or not, our freaking highway/transporation system could really use an upgrade.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Especially in Dallas on i35. Going south from Denton to Dallas around 7 in the morning. Wow, i just want to kill myself around that time. Also i30 and i35 around 4pm, especially when its the middle of summer. Glad my car didnt blow up n overheat.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

yeah tell me about it.

I've got no AC. Just glad summers over.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Personally, also as a DFW resident I'm getting pretty sick of all the toll road projects. The tolls have gone up, they never disappear, the toll booth operators lost their jobs to cameras, and they plannning a new one south of Dallas. Aren't 3 enough? Bleccchhh.

Also speaking of Texas, you'll never get that spineless waste of a man in the governors office to commit to anything sensible. He's a fed lapdog.

Trans Texas Corridor? Glad its off the books....for now. It'll be bavck though. Someone wants to get paid for doing nothing some more.

PG

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Who gets paid is what the problem is... damn, i never thought id be the one to say this but "capitalism" has undergone a transformation in the last 20 years, or more and has gotten out of hand.
I grew up in Dallas but dont live there anymore, however i know the tolls there and Houston are freaking ridiculous.
I know some of the tolls in Dallas were supposed to expire AFTER the road was paid for, however they have been "bought" out since then and they keep adding on more $$$.
Capitalism isnt the problem, greed is. Contract extensions, finance laws etc.. they all need to be overhauled.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Yeah unfortunately they have it linked with RFID in Austin, where you can blow through toll roads without giving a damn. They will kindly send you the balance in the mail. It's located in the new stickers and possibly new licenses.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The Bushway started out at 50cents a gate, In just the last couple of years its popped up to $1.28 per gate, higher if don't have a tolltag. And there's no gate operators anymore. Its disgusting.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687
reply to post by Kr0n0s

Especially in Dallas on i35. Going south from Denton to Dallas around 7 in the morning. Wow, i just want to kill myself around that time. Also i30 and i35 around 4pm, especially when its the middle of summer. Glad my car didnt blow up n overheat.

Brings back old memories of living in lewisville....... I remember working in Richardson and driving that trek back and forth ... it was a wild ride when traffic was moving .... everyone driving 85 in a 55 zone bumper to bumper distances from each other.

so yehhhhhh when there was a wreck it is always 5+ car involvement LOL

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I used to live about 60 miles SE of Dallas, near a lake, while working in Addison Tx.
My commute took me all the way around LBJ (I635) and it was miserable.
It took me 30 min to get to the loop and another 1.5 hours to get around the loop.
So glad those days are over with.

join