It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All the spiritual stuff they talk about....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Is possible with theories like quantum entanglement, string theory etc depending on the interpritations of it. I have recently began meditating alot but have never acheived what i want, which is difinitive proof this stuff is real.
I was soo intrigued by the OBE and Astral travel phenomena that i tried it,
i got to the point in bed about 30 minutes in where my legs and arms felt like they werent mine, then i started hearing things eveytime i breathed out, i then felt like someone was in the room with me, at that point i lost focus and woke up. I then tried again with no results whatsoever, i think people are holding back on the proper ways to do OBE's and i dont know why, i feel like this is a Big Lifechanging step toward enlightenment and becoming a better person.

Would members post their finest OBE experiences and what made them realise this is all real etc.
Cant wait to hear from you.

Love and peace.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

Yes I agree there is more to these claims than some will have you believe. But I also believe there are alot of people who claim things that are beyond the true nature of OBE and astral projection.

I often will be laying in bed focusing on the lights behind my eyelids (or focusing on the complete darkness) and my arms/body/legs will feel out of place, sort of floating.. but as soon as I realize this I lose focus and it goes away. When it goes away it feels like I am floating back down into my laying body.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ItIsWhatItIs

T'is the most annoying thing about inducing an OBE, it takes a different kind of focus. Well im gonna try again tonight and see what i can do, hopefully ill detatch
I think we'll just have to keep trying
Namaste

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
If there were anything to "quantum spirituality", shouldn't we be expecting to see increasingly more prolific cases of conversion and adoption of spirituality among scientists knowledgeable in such fields? So why aren't we seeing such conversion and promotions of spirituality from prominent figures in Quantum Mechanics and Theoretical Physics? Indeed... why do the preponderance of statements regarding such claims get shot down as "Quantum Mysticism"?

It's been 150 years since the publication of Darwin's "Origin of Species" - and yet the public is generally woefully misunderstanding and misrepresenting even it's basic core argument in favor of cheap and self-gratifying memes like "ladders to perfection" and "survival of the fittest".

I think the proponents and producers of these videos are banking on selling the idea based on a popular and desired concept and a delicate proportion of bulls$^@ to science to convince a public that have no real concept of the subject matter outside of, perhaps, a few famous instances.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lasheic
If there were anything to "quantum spirituality", shouldn't we be expecting to see increasingly more prolific cases of conversion and adoption of spirituality among scientists knowledgeable in such fields?

We are seeing more physists and 'scientist' adopting this kind of work, look into global concioussness and the random event generators these types of scientists have developed. Ive been seeing more intelligent minds covering this field therefor, for me it is becoming more of a reality. Practice some meditation you may learn something about yourself.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
There is no "proper" way to OOBE, you've just got to want it, and put the hard work in over and over again. (he says. Oi! me, why don't you take some of your own advice *slaps self in the face* )

It is possible. Just keep practicing, reading, learning and believing. You will get there (I'm led to believe
) Read as many books as you can, and try everything you can.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Obe's are only possible when you beleive they are. When your mind can grasp being seperate from your body. I tried for more than six months, but interestingly enough, ... it was the morning I didn't try, that I was successful.

I used to practice by visualizing myself somewhere else, feeling every detail of the place, the sensations, the smells, picking up objects. Even if its just your living room. You will know your getting good, ... when you are actually there, .. even if its just for a second, ... usually it shocks your senses and your consciousness jumps back.

Another good technique, which worked for me, .... is waking up early, staying up for an hour or two, and trying to go back to sleep. This works wonders, I dont know why, it kind of tricks your body somehow.

anyhow, goodluck with it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Hey,

'GW8UK'
"I was soo intrigued by the OBE and Astral travel phenomena that i tried it,
i got to the point in bed about 30 minutes in where my legs and arms felt like they werent mine, then i started hearing things eveytime i breathed out, i then felt like someone was in the room with me, at that point i lost focus and woke up..."

'ItIsWhatItIs'
"I often will be laying in bed focusing on the lights behind my eyelids (or focusing on the complete darkness) and my arms/body/legs will feel out of place, sort of floating.. but as soon as I realize this I lose focus and it goes away
i got to the point in bed about 30 minutes in where my legs and arms felt like they werent mine, then i started hearing things eveytime i breathed out, i then felt like someone was in the room with me, at that point i lost focus and woke up. I then tried again with no results whatsoever"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

perhaps youse aren't preparing completely....

the 1st stages where your extremeties feel disassociated from your body should be a 'welcomed sensation'...instead youse both seem to be unnerved.

and if you sense or hear or feel a presence near you, that too is not something for alarm... have you considered that your psyche is stretching the dimensional membrane and a nearby entity is curious to see what's causing the (from its viewpoint) an anomaly in its universe, like some strange creature is trying to break into its dimension like those characters in the series 'Stargate'.

youse might try to ReDouble your concentration,
focus on your 'Third Eye' whenever you reach the arm-&-leg or whole body paralysis stages.

youse are aborting the journey before you even begin

maybe get a local 'coach' that has experience

[edit on 6-10-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the guidence, keep the help coming, all this helps no end. My belief in these things is there i would just love to experience it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

maybe get a local 'coach' that has experience

I dont think there is much of that where i live haha

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lasheic

What does Darwin have to do with Quantum Mechanics? And why does people's comprehension for a antiquated book *we have moved beyond Darwin* that just happens to be the start of a theory have to do with it?

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

Good luck with your efforts. When we were teenagers both my brother and I tried this stuff night-after-night. Usually it results in such a fright that one is pulled back. I did have a few rewards though, the one evening I was above my body on the ceiling and was pulled back with a jolt.
On the caution side: My brother developed what would now be called anxiety, and whenever he tried to sleep he would jolt back screaming. Eventually he ended up for advice from an individual from the Theosophical society. He told him immediately that he'd been messing with astral projection, and if not probably done it can result in years of insomnia, as the body responds to the training.
I'm not preaching or anything, but...be careful.

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

Thanks for the advice, everything is taken into consideration with me, im gonna try it again tonight i think

posted on Oct, 25 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GW8UK

You will find that fear, itself holds you back.

new topics

top topics

join