It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO tracks Iranian missiles

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
A UFO appears to streak through the sky in this astonishing video of the Iranians test firing a controversial missile.

The mystery object zooms unseen through Iran's airspace — before splitting a cloud in two as the film focuses in on the soaring rocket.

www.thesun.co.uk...

WOW i dont see any normal explanation for that video, and if you look really close you can just see a silver tiny craft zoom by.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Interesting video!

You can view a larger version here Google Video

It is difficult to see but looks like it might come from the missile to me.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Wow, that was intense!
At first i see a cloud cut, maybe can be explained?
But later, when they zoom it looks like something was hiding behind the cloud!
Hard to see the shape of the thing hiding, but, if i use my imagination i can see something there!

S&F!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Good find! I wonder if it is possible that the rocket produced a "wave" or something of that nature that acted apon the cloud?

Heres an embedded vid, the action starts at about 26 sec.

-E-

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I'm going to say that it's the shadow of the exhaust plume on an adjacent cloud.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by draknoir2
I'm going to say that it's the shadow of the exhaust plume on an adjacent cloud.

I think you nailed it!

-E-

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by draknoir2

I concur.

Well done to the Sun for another barf up about UFOs. Next time they'll show Venus again.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The angle is not right for it to be a shadow.

Check it out again, it is something solid moving fast.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
maby someone tried to shoot down there missle. dont think this was ufo work behind this.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think I may have to agree with the shadow option. The exhaust seems to me lit from the bottom (not sure how that happens, but I dont know what angle the film was shot at). The "shadow" see to cut across the cloud at about the same rate the missile is traveling. Not enough info to say defintivly though.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
There is a silver Object just above the missile, also the Missile is below the clouds, so how would a shadow be above it? and it is the wrong direction completely for it to be caused by the missile.

I don't think it's a UFO, I think someone just tried to take out the missile, and erm oooppss missed.

Barrelmaker

I think I may have to agree with the shadow option. The exhaust seems to me lit from the bottom (not sure how that happens, but I dont know what angle the film was shot at). The "shadow" see to cut across the cloud at about the same rate the missile is traveling. Not enough info to say defintivly though.

Your not serious right? how can you possibly know the rate of speed? the cloud seems to break a lot faster than the Missile is moving, also if you look closely about 3 seconds before the cloud split, you can see something silver just above the Missile nose, then the cloud splits.

whatever happened to that cloud IMO has nothing to do with the Missile itself, you comment seems to be a shot at diversion to me, sorry but it does, be interesting to see how many go for it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
Well done to the Sun for another barf up about UFOs. Next time they'll show Venus again.

Damned if you do - damned if you don't!

If The Sun had not reported it then we would not be talking about it on ATS and it is a worthy item IMO.

If the shadow in the cloud theory is correct then we have learned a valuable lesson. I was not aware that a shadow could be created like that but now I, and some others, know that it is possible.

I learned something new today - thank you ATS - and The Sun

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Haydn_17

Is it possible that the sound wave from the rocket could disturb the cloud in this manner? It would explain why the cloud appears to be split apart from one side to the other, rather than splitting all at once. It would also explain the angle, depending on the frequencies focal point the concentrated line of sound would follow a certain path. Could this be the path?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Im not sure, i have no idea when it comes to that sort of thing.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Here's a link to video and screen captures with explanation:

naturalplane.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

I did see several things that looked like the came off the tip of the rocket, almost like a explosion. lokked similar to the sepration charges on rockets, but nothing seperated (maybe failed) That could be the silver thing you saw. The reason I brought up camera angle: Rotate the video 90 degrees so that the direction the rocket came from is top. notice the shadow in the plum is now on the bottom? If the rocket were fired at an angle (as a ballistic missile should be) and the launch site were behind you then you could see the missile travel as it shows here. If the sun were to the right of the missiles path, then the cloud could be to the left and as the missile passes in between it would cast a shadow. Just food for thought take it as you will.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by skibtz
If the shadow in the cloud theory is correct then we have learned a valuable lesson. I was not aware that a shadow could be created like that but now I, and some others, know that it is possible.

This effect is occasionally seen during shuttle launches through a low cloud layer. It really is bizarre.

You can also see the shadow of a rocket's exhaust plume extending across the ground with a backward-pointing rocketcam view. That's also pretty cool.

Figuring these strange sights out does really need understanding of illumination and shadowing conditions -- the kind of information withheld by the folks who post 'space shuttle videos' on youtube. Now we know why.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
This effect is occasionally seen during shuttle launches through a low cloud layer. It really is bizarre.

You can also see the shadow of a rocket's exhaust plume extending across the ground with a backward-pointing rocketcam view. That's also pretty cool.

Figuring these strange sights out does really need understanding of illumination and shadowing conditions -- the kind of information withheld by the folks who post 'space shuttle videos' on youtube. Now we know why.

Definitely a bizarre effect

Many thanks for the heads up squire

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Medieval1028
Here's a link to video and screen captures with explanation:

naturalplane.blogspot.com...

Some wild speculation, but no explanation.

The point on the clouds where it claims are opened up first are probably at different distances away from the rocket and its trail, to the other side of the clouds. So, it's shadow will appear at a slightly different orientation than on the other side of the cloud.

You can apply silliness to anything that's mundane, and end up with whatever the imagination desires.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by john124]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Keep in mind this is the second missile in the video, that may be shadow from the first one. Maybe?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join