It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And the 2009 prize for dumbest sceptic goes to

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Dr Ben Goldacre... for the following comment..

"Mainstream media has repeatedly shown itself to be worse than useless in reporting science and health in many, many fields," says Goldacre. "Scientists should communicate directly with the public via blogs.

Taken from... news.bbc.co.uk...

Only a true sceptic could miss the complete hypocrisy of making that remark...

ooops part missing...

To summarise..we are sick of conspiracy followers refusing to believe what the mainstream media report... so we are setting up our own organisation to correct the lies and misinformation the mainstream media hand out about science..

[edit on 6-10-2009 by FireMoon]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Why is this stupid?
Instead of people uneducated in the topic reporting it, it comes straight from the horses mouth.

?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
First line was:

Conspiracy theorists have used the internet to co-ordinate increasingly slick attacks on the accepted versions of events

And thats where I stopped reading. What a incredibly stupid line.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Right so let me get this right... it's perfectly OK to carp on about the media relaying false information and at times downright lies about science...but of course, they would never do it about anything else?

I think you will find, the logic of that argument is beyond laughable and the bloke is a Doctor, Obviously never studied logical thought processes then did he?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Somewhere between those two quotes my brain melted a little

I think it's a great idea. MSM is owned by the elite with an agenda.

If there were a new drug out to help a person with cancer live longer, and a new drug out to cure cancer and the owner of the station you were watching has major holdings in the drug that would help one live longer, it's obvious which drug the news would give major coverage.

Let freedom ring. Viva la Internet!

S&F

new topics

top topics

join