It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA To Bomb The Moon Friday

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Is it not a little premature to make that call?
I think this mission is going to result in major news being released by NASA pretty soon.
The question will then become "did they know beforehand?"

Of course they did. It only took other space agencies to start talking a bit before they got serious about this. But of course they had to stage a mission so they could release the info...

I expect big news coming soon. The fact that NASA is a shady organization isn't in doubt in my eyes, but there are a mulititude of reasons for today's apparent "failure"...

I'm now anxious to see another video to be released with adjusted contrast showing the plume that everyone is screaming about and the subsequent release of info about water and possibly microbial life on the moon...

Mark it down, brother.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

You may be right, we'll just have to wait and see, but I've read lots of quotes from lots of scientists saying that if it was really wet in that crater then we would know in the first hour.

So it looks like at the very least they will be saying there isn't much water. And no water 'prolly means no Moon base. But then again who really knows? ...We'll maybe the guy that denied the high five and stormed out of mission control knows...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fieryjaguarpaw

"no water means no moon base?"

I don't think that NASA's future should hinge on whether or not there is water on the moon, but that's just me.
Also, I think everyone here knows there is water on the moon. I think they are just trying to verify how much is there.

Like I said, I expect we'll hear shortly. Within a day or two.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Well I've never heard NASA come straight out and say it like that, but yes.

If the astronauts didn't have any water they could utilise it would be much harder to start a base. LRO is actualy the first part of the "vision" to return to the Moon. Bush said we would start by sending robotic probes to the Moon. Enter LRO and LCROSS

It is looking for water so it can be used for a Lunar outpost.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
MAN! Dad and I watched it last night through a telescope and he got some interesting pictures. As stated before, my pop and I do this kinda thing occassionally, as he gets bored in his retirement and I get bored in... well... everyday life. I learned some awesome things.

The moon cannot be found in the night sky if you are laying face-down in a tomato garden. This unique positioning can be achieved using a single fifth of Southern Comfort.

When tied to a chair with Duct Tape, you can still fall out.

When taking pictures of the moon, remember to turn the camera on if it is a Digital SLR. Being able to see the moon with your eyes and not through the camera does NOT signify the presence of a black hole between the viewfinder and the lens. If properly drunk you can convince at 55 year old that this has happened.

The moon is a tiny, non-combustible star. Thank you for that jewel, Dad. (Yes, he participates here, too.)

If you are set up in the street and the moon is MUCH lower than it should be, and you see two of them, you've had too much to drink. If those moons approach you, re-examine what exactly you were drinking. If those moons swerve around you, you were nearly hit by a car and must go to bed immediately for safety reasons.

Luckily he lives in a small neighborhood where everyone knows everyone. We weren't in any immediate danger, but I highly advise you to check your limit before you stargaze. I'm sure we could have seen something epic. As always, be safe while you are denying ignorance. If that is what you are doing. I don't think that Dad and I were denying ignorance. But we had a lot of fun!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Total let down!

OT - www.topgear.com...

Even Top Gear can blow things up better!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I understand what you mean about no water = no moon base.

That wasn't what I was trying to get at.
My point to Zorgon is that I think it is a bit premature to say NASA needs to go because of the results of THIS mission.
While it may be true that a lack of water will result in the scrappings of the plans to create an official moon base, the idea that we can't build a moon base doesn't mean the organization needs to be scrapped.

I have always thought that we need to invest even more money in NASA.

Maybe if their budget was able to compete with Zorgon's pet favorite Naval Space Command, we would see actual progress in the "civilian" sector. Or at least the sector that the civilians have at least partial access to.

I'll reiterate. The fact that this mission appears to have been a dissapointment bears absolutely no weight in regards to NASA being scrapped all together.

I guess the alternative is just to give up space exploration in the private sector and leave it to the black-budget military agencies.

That is NOT something I am interested in seeing.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
My point to Zorgon is that I think it is a bit premature to say NASA needs to go because of the results of THIS mission.

Well maybe BUT here is a post from JIM OBERG of all people

NASA "Moon Bombing" mission -- DISAPPEARS
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am beginning to like him

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I guess the alternative is just to give up space exploration in the private sector and leave it to the black-budget military agencies.

That is NOT something I am interested in seeing.

I prefer to let the NAVY run the space program... they have more honor and tend to 'get the job done'
Besides Star Trek is the NAVY

NASA reminds me more of a Ferengi operation that is failing

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

In regards to Jim Oberg...
Oh come on. That entire thread was a joke.

I read the OP and it was funny. I declined to comment because it was actually tongue-and-cheek.

In regards to the NAVY running the space program?
No thanks. They are too secrative.
We would never hear any news. At least NASA lets us know when they are launching.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
On the same day the USA attacks the moon, the US president gets the Nobel Peace Prize. No wonder that the UFOs are all around this planet: You got to see it to believe it. Only on Earth . . .

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
People, that is why he won the award. He established inter-orbital peace now that we have destroyed the underground base of the moon yaks that live in purple ice caves. You didn't hear about it on the news.

jra

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by broli
So with the current tech we would have HD videos from multiple angles out by now no? Or is NASA still deceiving the public with 30 year old tech.

HD videos from multiple angles? Not from LCROSS itself no. HD video would suck up a lot of bandwidth and LCROSS had nine different instruments streaming back data. HD video is unnecessary.

Originally posted by zorgon
Another bungled job... time to replace the whole Agency and get some people that have a clue rather than just wasting money

This is ridiculous. How is this a "bungled job"? There's still a lot of data to look over still. Plus the impact seems to be consistent with what happened to the Lunar Prospector in '99 when it impacted into Shoemaker crater near the south pole. They were hopping for a visible plume, but none was detected.

How about we wait to find out the final results before calling it a failure ok? And like Lasheic said on the previous page:

"When we build predictable models, and an experiment fails to produce the expected results, the question must then be asked... why? What happened? Answering that question can lead to new discoveries about our universe."

Well said.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by jra]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I agree!! It doesnt hinge on that. It would suck to plan on bringing and establishing your own water generation system if there happens to already be some form of water on the moon which can help in that regard.

"no water means no moon base?"

I don't think that NASA's future should hinge on whether or not there is water on the moon, but that's just me.
Also, I think everyone here knows there is water on the moon. I think they are just trying to verify how much is there.

Like I said, I expect we'll hear shortly. Within a day or two.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by princeofpeace]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
I agree!! It doesnt hinge on that. It would suck to plan on bringing and establishing your own water generation system if there happens to already be some form of water on the moon which can help in that regard.

NASA has no intention of actually building ANY bases on the moon

This latest EPIC FAIL is just an excuse to say no water no go. They already hinted in APRIL that they are considering canceling plans

NASA may abandon plans for moon base
18:33 29 April 2009
www.newscientist.com...

Google it... many reports on that

NASA = Need Another Space Agency

I say we sub contract the job to Russia

[edit on 9-10-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgonI say we sub contract the job to Russia

Or us. Give the private sector a chance.

Even though I am not keen on dumping and littering, I can see obvious benefits with a Moon base, even if it is unmanned most of the time.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I think indian chandaryan established the ice factor but nasa guys cant be sen sitting idle , i wonder why they never tried it before and only now. Anyhow its not a BOMB , its piercing into the crater so nothing is going to get blown up here .

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I still think we were mopping up something we didn’t want the rest of the world to see now that other countries are exploring space.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

perhaps..........the illuminati have learnt there is oil on the moon.....

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissMegs
Total let down!

OT - www.topgear.com...

Even Top Gear can blow things up better!

OMG!
Watch that thing go!

It would have been so much better if the fuel tank would actually separate!
OMG LOL!

Originally posted by zorgon

NASA = Need Another Space Agency

[edit on 9-10-2009 by zorgon]

[edit on 10-10-2009 by spacebot]

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join