It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Arab disruptions spread to western Jerusalem and beyond

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:21 AM
link   
The Jerusalem police were on high alert Tuesday, Oct. 6, for another day of Muslim violence which Monday spread out substantially from Temple Mount to other parts of Jerusalem including Jewish districts.

Muslim preachers, Palestinian and Israeli Arab, continued all night to call the faithful out "to defend al Aqsa" against Israeli domination, although Jewish access to Temple Mount has been denied by the police for the entire eight-day Succoth Festival. As the 51st "Jerusalem March" began Monday (in West Jerusalem only), military units were called in to reinforce security at sensitive points, especially the Old City alleys and its throngs of visitors.

Raed Salah, head of the Islamic movement of Israeli Arabs, who last week, together with the Palestinian Hamas, stirred up the campaign of violence on Temple Mount, found support Monday. Palestinian prime minister Salam Fayyad demanded international intervention to support exclusive Muslim Palestinian claims to Temple Mount and its shrines.

A far more powerful boost came from the television preacher Yusuf Qardawi, spiritual leader of the international Muslim Brotherhood movement. He urged all Muslims everywhere to mark Oct. 9 as Al Aqsa Day and fight against the shrine's takeover by "the Jews." His influence is enough to bring inflamed Muslims streaming to Jerusalem in the coming days.

Deputy prime minister Silvan Shalom said it was time to arrest Raed Salah, who is an Israeli citizen, and outlaw his extremist Islamist movement which is based in northern Israel.

Source

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
There are violent protest in old city (Eastern Jerusalem) - but so far nothing happened in Western Jerusalem, as far as i know. And i live there.

Police today is everywhere, but it is mainly because of parade that goes on now, not on Monday as article mistakenly states. And besides very possible rain, i see no other problems in West Jerusalem.
Old city , of course - totally different story.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
There are violent protest in old city (Eastern Jerusalem) - but so far nothing happened in Western Jerusalem, as far as i know. And i live there.

Police today is everywhere, but it is mainly because of parade that goes on now, not on Monday as article mistakenly states. And besides very possible rain, i see no other problems in West Jerusalem.
Old city , of course - totally different story.

Whats the mood like in Jerusalem at the moment? I imagine you must be on edge? Do you think the violence is going to increase, and what effect is it having on you and your family?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Has anyone bothered to ask...............

If the same site holds holinesss for both Jews and muslims...............

Then both should be allowed access to the site.

The only people that should be banned are those trying to start fights/wars.

If the muslims don't like it, perhaps THEY need be denied access to the site.
(this is what they are trying to do to Jewish worshiper's, so fair is fair.)

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Eye On War

Whats the mood like in Jerusalem at the moment? I imagine you must be on edge? Do you think the violence is going to increase, and what effect is it having on you and your family?

Mood actually is pretty normal. This is not something new, it happened before. As long as it does not slide to another intifada it is not extraordinary. Majority of Muslims (250000 people) in old city and Eastern Jerusalem are normal individuals so only a minority of most fanatical ones and youth are involved and police so far succeeded in handling the situation. I did not feel any change buy my sister did not take her kids to Western wall because she was worried. This is the only real impact for my family.
As for rest of the story - tomorrow will be more problematic day, surely. And maybe Friday too. If situation is not going to escalate suddenly on those occasions, it will surely calm down after Sukkot ends.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

Yeah,right. This is Middle East. Problems are solved differently here. For example:

The former mufti of Jerusalem, Ikrema Sabri, has made the claim that there never was a Jewish temple on the Temple Mount, and the Western Wall was really part of a mosque.
Asked if Jews would ever be allowed to pray on the Temple Mount under Muslim control, he replied: "It is not the Temple Mount, you must say Al-Aksa. And no Jews have the right to pray at the mosque. It was always only a mosque - all 144 dunams, the entire area. No Jewish prayer. If the Jews want real peace, they must not do anything to try to pray on Al-Aksa. Everyone knows that."

www.jpost.com...
There. Everybody knows that.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Typical muslim thinking.

It's ok for them to go to their holy site.............

But they throw a tantrum if Jews do the same.

I say all get to go to their holy site or none do.

If the Jews are to be kept from their holy site, then so should the muslims.

Fair is fair, they either both go to their sites or no one does.

top topics

join