GOP Senators: US, Not Israel, Should Attack Iran ‘If Necessary’

page: 1

join

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
'Two senior Republican senators say the United States, and not Israel, should attack Iran if military action becomes "necessary." They also say a simple strike at the country's nuclear capability wouldn't be enough -- the US would have to launch an "all-or-nothing" war against Iran with the aim of crippling the country's military capabilities.

Are they fricking serious, more warmongering nonsense!
Same two that were so gung ho to go into Iraq. Graham and his buddy liberal Joe Lieberman beating the war drums for Israel yet again.
The sad and scarey part is that the sheeple belive this crap. this is their "news" .

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I've been kind of ill these last two days, and I was feeling better this morning but I suddenly feel the need to vomit, again. I hope I have some bile left so at least it might be a bit rewarding.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by kyred]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The media loves pushing this stuff.

Ever since Obama started driving the "GOP Crazy" train -- the media will take anything in order to highlight the latest political divisions within our country.

As for the last statement, regarding going after Iran full force, it's pretty much correct. You can't "half attack" Iran and expect to get anywhere. When a country is fighting a "pride war" they will stop at nothing until a clear victory -- or total annihilation -- is achieved.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by lpowell0627]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

"I think an Israeli attack on Iran is a nightmare for the world, because it will rally the Arab world around Iran and they're not aligned now. It's too much pressure to put on Israel," Graham told Fox News' Chris Wallace Sunday.

videocafe.crooksandliars.com...

Right, so a war in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan aren't too much pressure for USA.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I think the Iran war will be more along the lines of how many innocent Iranian civilians they can rape before they have to leave.

I love my fellow people, but damn those soldiers are sick, I ALMOST hope we get our butt handed to us if the US goes against Iran, just to teach us a lesson about forcing oup views everywhere. :-p

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Whether or not a few senators think the US will have to strike is moot. Truth of the matter is, if Israel strikes by itself (which it might), the US won't have the chance to just sit it out on the sidelines, because Iranians would doubtless wage an asymmetric war with mining the strait of Hormuz etc, cutting off 40% of world oil supply, destabilizing Iraq etc etc.

So for all the hysteria, it won't matter who strikes first.

top topics

join