It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN fact checks Obama SNL skit.......

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
reply to post by converge

especially through their media outlet Fox News. Knowing that I think it's very relevant what The Daily Show does.

You act as if "spending most of the show attacking Republicans" is merely a political bias and don't, apparently, even consider that it's due to the divisive and destructive politics of Republicans.

By yours own logic, the Daily Show should be more focused on all the Democrat networks (there are more of them) and the people who hold the majority in congress. Are you seriously suggesting the Democrats haven't been obstructing, attacking, mudslinging and demonizing over the past 8 years up to the present? Perhaps your problem is that you immerse yourself in left wing dominated media that is constantly focused on attacking Republicans, which leads you to rationalizing the lack of focus on Democrats that control the government and media.

Yes, the focus from the Daily Show on Republicans is based purely on political bias. When Republicans controlled the government, their excuse was. "they're in control". I heard it over and over. Now you've all convinced yourselves that its normal to continue that way.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Wimbly]

Haven't you heard? The democrats can do no wrong, nor are they ever wrong. It's all the republicans fault, even though they don't have the numbers to make any kind of impact, it's the republicans fault. If you point out any kind of errors or flaws, especially with the president, the republicans still somehow did it with their guns and religion. And when all else fails, bring up George Bush and talk about the past instead of trying to fix the present.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Looks like the standup comics on CNN (Comedy News Network) are short on material and, therefore, need to regurgitate skits from other sources. My, my, how original!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Yahoo is getting in on the breathless defense of their dear leader.

news.yahoo.com...

But are SNL's accusations of Obama being a do-nothing president accurate? Let's run down the list of the nine promises SNL lampooned President Obama for doing "nothing" on to see where he actually stands.

Does anyone recall the media ever running to Bush's or any Republican's defense like this? Hell no and you never will.

You must not watch fox...

-rrr

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by Wimbly

"SNL is an important factor in how many people get their information around the world..." According to CNN's reporter this means an in-depth debunkment is called for - - politically speaking.

Comedy is the New News.

The MSM really needs to shut the hell up - they are either being told to do these stories and make the claims they do, or they are literally that stupid that they attack a comedy skit to make a story out of it.

Who in the right mind gets their information through comedy shows? I mean I watch the Colbert Report sometimes, but I never take the 'news' that I see on there as complete fact... Do people really take what they see on comedy shows that literally? Doubtful...

Do you think most of the population of this world is in their right minds?

-rrr

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

So.

They defended Obama and managed to slam Palin.

Amazing. These people are total morons. I'm never watching CNN after that one.

Who the hell fact checks on a COMEDY sketch. Nobody turns into SNL to get news.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
When a person is in the spot light, like the President of the United States, there are going to be people who make fun of the President no matter what. SNL has always made fun of the President of the United States, for as long as I can remember. Even Comedy Central ran a show called, "Thats my Bush" Making fun of Bush/Chenney. I think it is kind of sad that CNN would do a story like this, cause what they fail to realize is what SNL does, is give light to what is on the peoples minds and what they are viewing, in a funny light without it being critical and serious all of the time. I thought that when they did the skit on Sarah Palin, she enjoyed and welcomed it, as it was all in good fun. From the point of view of the tax payer, has the President of the United States done anything on his check list, no he has not.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I quit watching the boob tube over thirty years ago and I certainly have not missed the idiotic programing. I can not believe you are arguing over Fox and CNN. It is a real laugh -- don't you realize it is ALL propaganda??

Both major political parties used the media to build the perception of opposing positions on key issues, while all the while building consensus on issues that were critical to social change. That's verified in the Congressional Record for 1917, which reported that

"...the J.P. Morgan [banking] interests.... and their subsidiary organizations got together 12 men high up in the newspaper world and employed them to select the most influential newspapers in the United States and sufficient number of them to control generally the policy of the daily press of the US.... They found it was only necessary to purchase the control of 25 of the greatest papers. ...an editor was furnished for each paper to properly supervise and edit information...."

--Congressman Oscar Callaway statements were included in the Congressional Record (vol. 54, February 9, 1917, p. 2947)

www.crossroad.to...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be neat if CNN or any MSM actually fact checked something important , like 9-11

They're all government shills.

But boy, they sure could have the all black school kids rapping about how we should support Obama's lame health care plan.

Idiots.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
CNN doing damage control!

would it be damage control, and placing propaganda in peoples minds?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal

Originally posted by Hazelnut
reply to post by Wimbly

"SNL is an important factor in how many people get their information around the world..." According to CNN's reporter this means an in-depth debunkment is called for - - politically speaking.

Comedy is the New News.

The MSM really needs to shut the hell up - they are either being told to do these stories and make the claims they do, or they are literally that stupid that they attack a comedy skit to make a story out of it.

Exactly; if you're getting flak, the target is close. Dont believe anything is true until it's been (officially) denied.

A few MSM lackeys (at CNN) got marching orders from some shadowy overlord creep (obama handler) to respond un-officially & plant seeds of doubt... on comedians. Doubt trickles down to a loyal blogger or three who chime in on their own.

If anything CNNs effort, as sad and pathetic as it is, is confirmation someone considered 'important' was stung by SNL harshly clowning obama as a do nothing loser.. especially ((LMAO!!)) piling on about his global-epic olympic fail.. haha.

Something tells me "Chicago 2016" t-shirts & signs are going to be all the rage at protests... where can I get mine?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Wow! Did not the main stream media praise Saturday Night Live for bashing Palin?

Talks about hypocrites.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Pathos]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hence the need to go to the UN to look for "responsible" journalism. The need to shut down radio talk shows that he can't defend himself against. Never forget, and this includes the chief, a politicians job is to get REELECTED. Talking crap about him interferes with that.

PG

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by converge

The Daily Show still spends most of the show attacking Republicans, who don't even have power anymore. Its one of the most out of touch shows on TV in my opinion.

Republicans might not have power in the numerical sense in Congress, but still influence and shape the discussion, or should I say non-discussion, of important issues and problems the country is faced with, especially through their media outlet Fox News. Knowing that I think it's very relevant what The Daily Show does.

You act as if "spending most of the show attacking Republicans" is merely a political bias and don't, apparently, even consider that it's due to the divisive and destructive politics of Republicans.

Not understanding that is being out of touch with reality. In my opinion

Divisive and destructive, you say? The other side of the aisle could NEVER be viewed that way, heavens no. Thanks for summing up republican political conservatism for us.

I'm going to run out and vote anti-gun and pro-taxes right away! That's not divisive or destructive at all!

Oh, and thanks for only qualifying your "out of touch" rebuttal as the only opinion in your statement. Now I'm assured that I'm reading facts. Ole Abe Lincoln, that divisive and destructive scoundrel. Look at all the destruction he brought! How divisive to free the slaves and go to war to protect their rights!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You know when they are doing damage control over a comedy skit they are obviously very guilty, exposed and without a plan b....running scared!

Obama is an impotent Village Idiot.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Wait for it... here we go...

SNL is racist!!

Sharpton or Rev Jackson probably beat me to it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
CNN doing damage control!

would it be damage control, and placing propaganda in peoples minds?

Only if it's damage control for dummies, and people with serious mental problems. CNN and US television journalism in general is -- and excuse me for the word -- pure #.

Any 4 year old can do better journalism than that.

But the cherry on the top of the cake was "SNL is an important factor in how many people get their information around the world..." that explains a lot about the American culture and why so many are freaking out nowadays.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The fact that people treat SNL and The Daily Show as news pretty much sums up where the general direction of the country is....swirling down the toilet bowl.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Comedy fact check~

But wait, can Sarah Palin actually see Russia from her house!

This would be even more funny if there weren't people who watched the SNL skit and thought it was all true...

Or is that the true comedy

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Holy Crap!! this is just plain dumb.

I wanna see them fact checking Katt Williams and complain for the over use of the 'N' word.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

Comedy fact check~

But wait, can Sarah Palin actually see Russia from her house!

A very good point! You reminded me of this clip.

Like I said, this is a great example of the double standard most of our media has when it comes to Republicans Vs Democrats.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Wimbly]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join