It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Good Reasons Why I Don't Buy Doomsday 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gYvMessanger
Even accepting the lost book as authentic (for the sake of argument) and not having read it, I would say automatically that Nostradamus is notoriously bad / obscure when it comes to reliably dating any prediction, and his predictions extend well beyond 2012.

You seem to be one of the people who believe in 2012 as an ascension date, which to me is worrying as attempting to follow a spiritual path but being told the door doesn't open until a certain date seems like a path that ultimately will lead to nowhere. Just as worrying is the belief people have that there will be a sudden positive conscious shift in 2012, as this simply leads many to inaction, and in 2012 when such a mass visible shift doesn't happen it will cause many good people to fall to despair.

It is a picture book, and a really strange one too add.

I also don't believe in a massive ascension theory, although I would lean towards an awakening of the people on earth to a realization that the current civilization is far more uncivilized then we would like to believe.

I haven't figured everything out yet, there is soo much crap out there that makes the journey one hell of a mountian. From what I have read about it, I do deduce that it isnt a doomsday. We might have some destruction, but not an "end it all" scenario.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thanks for the positive reply, sticky....

glad to see that sort of attitude, especially on the net.

Also gYvMessenger... that's so true. Many people are being more than inactive, for people who are trying to achieve 'spiritual enlightenment'. I meditate and lucid dream and I still feel no closer to enlightenment than I did a few years ago when I started. I don't do it to feel enlightened anyway, but I'm certain that is at least one path towards enlightenment. One does not simply wait and become enlightened out of nowhere (unless you take into account 'spirit journeys' of more ancient traditions... which usually involve one form or another of entheogens.) least of all on a specific date. I really hope you're wrong and many of these good people stay focused on what the planet and what humanity really means to them, because perhaps that itself is something we will lose on 2012 from waiting for it for so long...

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There are several aspects here, whcih seems to be comparing apples and oranges.

OP: Who told you or what did you make believe that "The world ends on Dec. 21, 2012" ??

Looks like you are one of the millions out there who just picked up some worlds, puzzled them together and follows blindly - without proper research - the zombie gang shouting for the end of the world.

Did you here about Jose Arguelles, John Mayor Jenkins, Ian Xel Lungold or Carl Johan Calleman ? If yes, then you might know that there have been adjustments to the interpretation of the Long Count Calendar and our (current) Gregorian Calendar. It could well be Dec. 23. So give it a little chance or a 48 hours window to happen - what ever it will be.

If you have followed Lungolds / Calleman's interpretation, than you already know that "doomsday" is set for Oct. 28, 2011. Just bear it it mind.

But none of the Gentlemen above have ever said "it's the end of the world". What they try to say is: "It's the end of the world AS WE KNOW IT" (yes like the REM song). There are so many interpretations of the doomsday event, made by very different people, in different countries, at a different time, but I personally still could not found the a.....hole who said we are all going to die. Hollywood and MSM are overexited by the hyphe and the movie 2012 coming out in November from Roland Emerich (day after tomorrow) will certainly send more of you zombie-minded-MSM-followers to the shrink.

What the Mayans predicted was looking into the past. The Galactical alignment on Dec. 21 , 2012 is an astonomical fact. The Mayans only made a Calendar to show you, that it happened before and certainly will happen again in 5,000+ years.

So, and here for your religious fanatics. Correct me if I am wrong. Not only the Bible has the Book of Revelation or a final judgement day. I was teached that the Koran and of course the Tora have similar doomsday events described for their final days, but none of the books tell you a specific date.

And finally for those Y2K nerds. Y2K was a 100%-man-made problem. It was a software problem. Any dates given on our Gregorian Calendar, like 09/09/09 or 11/11/11 are just fantasies, because it's a man-made calendar. What is our first day: Jan 01. What's so special on that day? No solstice, no full moon.

The Mayan long count calendar was based on planetary movements. Something which was accurate 2000 years ago, present and in the next few thousand years, which are still to come.

I could go on and on, but I'm tired about both sides. The 2012 doomsday believers and the deniers. Don't you have a proper interpretation for "AS WE KNOW IT".

Ahh, and here's a story dated Aug. 14, 1987 about the Mayan Calendar and Jose Arguelles. There he clearly states "I dont talk about the End of the World, I talk about cyclical change." - And that boys and girls is "AS WE KNOW IT".

news.google.com...,3591085&dq=mayan+calendar+end-of-the-world+2012&hl=en

Have fun and take your time to understand the true meaning of the Mayan Calendar.

PD: OP, I bet you dont know that the Mayans made more than one Calendar. RIGHT??

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think the new movie coming out "2012" discredits alot to.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sacrosanct

Originally posted by sticky
It might help if "ALL" of you above posters had any real clue as to what is prophecized about 2012

Maybe you should look into its real meaning before jumping to conclusions.

Oh... I mean, really?

Most of us here are AT LEAST intelligent enough not to jump to conclusions about this sort of thing...

skeptics just think they are smart.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Three reasons for doomsday in 2012.
1) American presidential election
2) right wing imperial warmongerism
3) nukes

4) all of the above

posted on Oct, 20 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I certainly hope nothing happens by Dec. 22,2012.

posted on Oct, 21 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Im one of those who doesn't believe in the 2012 Doomsday event either, though I think the movie may be a good ride

I haven't done a huge amount of research on the Mayan calendar but I have watched a few shows about it and from what I can understand, it is a very complex calender with three distinct calendars coming together to make one large calender. Someone correct me if Im wrong here but the Mayan calender doesn't end in 2012, but rather it resets or starts over.

What I do believe is that we as a human race are instinctively violent and we have the potential to fulfill that prophecy with our WMD and oppressive policies towards one another. If the end of the world happens, I don't think it will be a mystical event. It will be from us lobbing bombs at one another.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join