It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Ears...is anything weird happening to them? random popping..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Well, actually, yes. For about the past few weeks, I've had some unusual like pulsing or something in my left ear. I don't really notice anything else unusual; don't meditate, but I really wonder what it is. Hmmmm.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08

I'm sorry, you need some more research though.

Before jumping to any metaphysical or paranormal answers, see what science says first.

Ever have your tricep suddenly twitch...

Or a muscle spasm?

Yeah, well turns out muscles in your ear spasm too!

It creates a thump, thump thump, thump, thump.

Although as always, see your personal doctor,

If things are going wrong in or around your ears, YOU NEED TO SEE A DOCTOR!

I knew an old lady once, whose balance had completely detiorated because of an ear problem, been awhile, not sure the diagnosis.

Really, anything effecting the five senses, should require a doctor!

The way you may feel different, is one sense is lowered and another heightened.

Just as if you quit smoking, your taste changes, and such.

All in all, if you can declare it not a ear spasm, see a doctor.

And for the love of god, don't tell him you can walk outside of your body, and see inhabitants on other planets....... You know why.
Or a single thump.

It's very weird, and feels like it comes from a inner being! lol

Very true, all of which i have done, and the only conclusion is "we dont see anything wrong"

The reason why i posted it in the metaphysics section is because; WHEN THIS ALL STARTED HAPPENING, is when i started meditating a few months ago.
It really got frequent when, from what i feel, had a premature kundalini experience awhile ago. I was trying to do chakra meditation, as well as OBE,and a somewhat kundalini experience is what came instead.
That however is another story, and another thread.

But ever since then my ears pop randomly, and i mentally feel very very different. Like i said more aware, senses more tuned, my sense of reality gets sharper as if i realize that im looking threw my eyes, that my body is more of a vessel than what I AM...its very "different" i cant truelly explain it

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Hmm, I see alot of these Ear threads, and I feel I should add my 'ears' to the count.

I do not have popping, but a peeping sound, like the tv when it is on test signal.

Also, I have pretty often small flashes on the eyes, just small ones that last for maybe 0.5-6 seconds...

I too would like to toss the 'WebBot' Cliff High's forecast, he said the solar system is under pressure from the photonbelt/Galactic center, and if the magnetosphere and heliosphere is fading/losing it's effect and power, it will affect us and the planets, it will also count for the earthquakes as the planets gets squized, right ??

Or, it is some thing else, Occams razor, the easiest explanation is ........

Honestly thats somewhat what i get too, but there not at the same time...my ears will pop...my awareness etc. changes more sharper and "better"...and then i look at things, and i see random bright dots, its very hard for me to explain but i'll do my best.
It's the same VISION you get when you get hit in the head...the explosion of white dots...but when i see a dot (that lasts for like half a sec. or two)
I somewhat feel i "slow time down"...i focus on the white dot...and it feels as if i get a quick rapid picture/image in my mind and it goes away.
It feel as if all that lasted about 5 secs...but i know in reality it was only a second.
Kinda like when your remembering a dream...how you can see an image real quick...but u cant describe the details...its the same thing. BUT ONLY when i try to focus on why i just seen a white dot etc.
I know it sounds weird and im making this up all for fun but its true...

The same thing when i come out of meditation...when i HEAR SOMETHING...literally anything (30min-1hour) after meditation...it triggers a lot of images in my head...as if im REMEMBERING SOMETHING.
for example i'll hear a horn honk
i'll seen an image/memory of something when i was a kid, and i was driving with my dad.
But its with every sound i hear...so its a constant bombard of memories over and over....only most aren't memories there just random flashes i get.
Im pretty sure it might just be a medical disorder to some extent, I never really looked it up cause it doesn't bother me, i find it more entertaining than anything...but once again, only started AFTER i started getting deeply into meditation

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by scobro
Last couple of days i have been experience a strange sensation involving my right ear!
Every once in a while i get a strange whooshing sensation,like something is passing my ear very fast,or like someone blowing air past it!
It usually happens when i am sitting quietly in front of the pc,and i have often looked around ,to see if there is something or someone behind me!

EXACTLY HOW I FEEL!!
its weird because it just started happening about a few weeks ago. I really truelly feel there is someone or something behind me. Before i was scared i would turn my chair around waiting for some alien, or ghost lol now im more annoyed and just want to see what the hell it is lol
same exact experience though, u nailed it RIGHT ON THE SPOT!!
could just be paranoia though? lol

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
reply to post by kaskade

The accuracy of my hearing is something that I have been increasingly more aware of over the past 4 or 5 years. I have always had extremely good hearing which has been proven numerous times from my physicals. It has been described as "disgustingly good hearing" by one doctor, but this is something different.

I pay more attention to distant sounds around me and at times when there is total silence outside I really become aware of this feeling. What I feel can be described as a sort of pressure and I try to 'pop' my ears to make sure they are working OK.

I can feel a difference in pressure, temperature and wind motion especially when I am inside the house. I know what you mean by the feeling of someone walking into a room, I don't think that I hear them but its more like I can feel a change in the room's pressure. I normally keep a small fan going at night just to mix up the air in the room otherwise this feeling keeps me awake.

I often meditate to the sounds of the wind flowing through the trees, Cottonwood trees are great for this, and in my mind I am discerning an understanding of these trees from their sounds. I can discern the different kinds of trees just by the sounds they make, its as though they are singing. This is a very powerful feeling and I believe it is a step in a true understanding of the world we live in.

The way you describe your increased awareness is something that I have also been experiencing and it is not easy to talk to others about. Acute sensory perception is only a part of the full description in my opinion. I feel that I am becoming aware of something that is beyond my senses, discerning beyond sensory perceptions.

I am very scientific and analytical about almost everything in my life and I think that this is something real and is not understood by most people.

Same here, i have an amazing perception of sound (does that SOUND right?). I can track sounds easily, find where exactly there coming from, people talk quitely i can still hear them. I feel as if im some animal in a sense, because i can hear a noise and say oh that quite noise came from over there, and 9times out of 10 im right. Lol ok maybe not an animal but a damn good hearing human. You moreso described more symptoms that i feel when my ears "pop".
i feel i can HEAR or FEEL sound...not so much hear it wtih my ears, but its more internal...like im "connected" to it...like i posted above, i also get an eerie feeling that someone, or SOMETHING is around me...like a paranoia feeling, but i dont "freak out" its more like...come on...just show yourself already. If something probably did i would sh*t myself, but thats besides the fact lol.

Im glad there people like YOU, and the rest of the ATS people on here, that help describe there own experiences. If i told this to a doctor, more than likely i would be considered a little cooky. Its good to know that your not "alone" in things u feel you are.
thank YOU, and thank you all =]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

I would like to point out that the inner ear has a labyrinth of tubes, the cochlea , that is essential for hearing. It is also how we feel accelerations (inertia) and gravity, this is a sensory perception that is different than hearing and touch (our true sixth sense). I think you can also discern a change in pressure from the inner ear and perhaps even an elctro-magnetic charge like feeling an approaching thunder storm.

Originally posted by kaskade
i also get an eerie feeling that someone, or SOMETHING is around me...

Electro-magnetic energy has been proven to cause the feeling that someone or something is there and this has been used to explain some of the alien abduction stories. The way I think is that just because these experiences can be linked to a feeling from an electro-magnetic field doesn't mean there are no aliens. Maybe they use electro-magnetic fields somehow, I don't think that this is the case but who knows.

I don't think that the similar feelings I have experienced are from aliens but sometimes my mind wanders and if I'm in the right mood I also imagine that there might be someone there and I think, "just show yourself already". I quickly think that I would likely sh*t myself as well. Maybe this is an indication that I am not ready to see but then again, why does it happen in the middle of the night when I'm alone? Why not call on the phone and invite me down to the pub for a beer?

Perhaps the answer has to do with fear. It is for this reason that I have pushed myself to face my fear, I let my feet or arms dangle over the bed or I mentally confront these images of fear my mind has conjured up. It has gotten to the point where I look forward to confronting really scary thoughts like the monsters under the bed. I don't want to get too far into describing these thoughts because then you'll see how "cooky" I am.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
YES, I have had this lately - a horrible heartbeat noise, so I have to turn over when I am trying to sleep.

So, it means - what?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I have Vertigo and my doctor, who specializes in Vertigo, told me he has been seeing a lot of patients with it too. (This was a few years ago). I have what’s called Benign Positional Vertigo.

Everyone has tiny floating crystals in their ear which transmit to the brain your physical position. When you have BPV, the crystals move out of position. It happens when you change positions, for example getting out of bed. I’m not sure how you meditate (maybe yoga positions which tilt your head?) but maybe you are moving a few crystals out of position.

Also, I noticed when I slept on a plane, I would wake up with plugged ears. This is because I wasn’t yawning or swallowing to pop my ears. Maybe during your mediation you aren’t naturally popping your ears.

And yes, if you have inner ear problems, you can hear tones and sounds and it doesn't mean you are crazy.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kaskade

I have a question about how you meditate Kaskade.
I have read about several different types of meditation and have studied Thai Chi. I prefer a type of moving meditation like Thai Chi though. I don't meditate regularly but the experience has changed me in a profound way.

Since I am into astronomy I used this to help me meditate. Facing East I thought about the directions we are moving. Just before sunrise if you're facing East then you're facing the direction the Earth is spinning and orbiting around the Sun. After some practice I imagined several days going by and notice the Moon in motion and then a year as we go through the seasons. The important thing was to imagine these motions accurately. This has changed how I look at everything in my life in a very big way.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join