It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House says no Afghanistan pullout

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Just to clarify for the sake of argument, can you please state the logistics and personal allocated from day one, when the french gave us their fire bases to the day we evacuated the embassy in numbers ? I mean no disrespect, but i do and must acknowledge history as it is history which teaches us what we must know to achieve our goal.

Sorry no quote :-)

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Perpetual war!!! It's the only way to go. We need an economy and War is all we got so strap on those boots and get ready for the long haul people and pray for revolution because we will be at war with someone somewhere FOREVER.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tristar
reply to post by dooper

Just to clarify for the sake of argument, can you please state the logistics and personal allocated from day one, when the french gave us their fire bases to the day we evacuated the embassy in numbers ? I mean no disrespect, but i do and must acknowledge history as it is history which teaches us what we must know to achieve our goal.

Sorry, hit the button by mistake.

I'll get back to you on the front end, but the Third Brigade of the First Cav and the 196th Infantry Brigade were the only combat units for the Easter Offensive of 1972, and we killed 100,000 NVA.

On June 29, the First Cav departed Vietnam, with the exception of the Seventh Cav, which stayed a couple more months.

The other unit, the 196th, also left on June 29, 1972.

These were the very last combat units in Vietnam.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by dooper]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by stander

Don't bother arguing with fools like slayer. ATS has been infiltrated by NWO shills who preach the pro-NWO propaganda. They've eaten it hook, line, and sinker. That's why there's so many pro-NWO threads, and that's why dooper and slayer and others will argue that not enough people have been innocently killed in Afghanistan or Vietnam. Slayer is an absolute shill. He actually believes the communist domino theory for reason to kill so many Vietnamese, and yet, even though S. Vietnam fell, what happened? Nothing, nada. Meanwhile, Nixon turned away from the gold standard, did warrantless wiretaps, but Slayer's cool with that, He won't ever pick up a rifle against that just like he won't ever pick up a rifle against what's happening today because he and people like him actually believe Afghanistans did 911. Keep on killing all those women and children in Afghanistan cuz they did 911, hoorah!

But when politicians lie, cheat, and steal, it's keep-on-bootlicking, yassa bossa sah!!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Archon_Adept

You are a product of your environment !

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Really? Name-calling all you have to bring to the thread? Really?

...and so eloquently written, at that...

[edit on 6-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   

That's amazing.

Quite a reply.

I just know your momma's proud.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Every side has there own version of history until defeat, America wasn't defeated after the Vietnam war therefore they made their own version. Russia wasn't defeated After the Afghan war therefore they made their own version.

Germany and Japan was the unluckiest in my opinion. We would see the world completely differently if either powers either survived or won.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Every side has there own version of history until defeat, America wasn't defeated after the Vietnam war therefore they made their own version. Russia wasn't defeated After the Afghan war therefore they made their own version.

I have provided links to support what I have stated. Do you have any to provide to back up what you're saying? Or is this just your opinion?

Links?

Anything at all?

EDIT to add: I do recall stating that they could look in any history book of their choice to verify the time line.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

France lost at Dien Bien Phu.

Name the battle whereby the Americans were defeated.

Please do, Professor.

We wait your insightful, intuitive, historical knowledge.

Name the battle.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Why would one need links to back this statement up is beyond me, explain ...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Hey Archon_Adept for your viewing and reading pleasure.

The Complete Idiot's Guide to the New World Order
Emergency Broadcast - New World Order Ahead!

Note to self...
Dont feed the trolls

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2a85a6ec93c9.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 7-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
We do not go against the drug or oil cartels.
So Bush sent us to Afganistan and IRAQ.
Were we afraid of IRAQ or Afganistan before Bush.
Something changed out mind for profits to someone.
There are signs that the profits are hitting home.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

It's really simple. I'll type real slow for you....

You said

What other version of the time line is there?
Could you please provide us a link?

Thanks in advance

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

No no, not time line, 'different version of history'. You don't believe that? Why do you think everyone is in ATS? Al-Qaeda has its own version, until they are gone...

Time line is an understatement. Everyone can record the time line therefore it is deemed to be the same.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I don't think modern warfare is as much about winning wars as it is about destabilizing a region, letting all hell break loose and inserting a puppet government to suit your imperialistic needs. The conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq have been a success from the Government's standpoint because they have been long drawn out affairs which have succeeded in destabilizing the Middle East.

Now why destabilize a region you ask? So you can insert your puppet government and grab a hold of the area's resources of course. As everyone knows, it is very difficult to rape a country of its resources when you are fighting a unified enemy.

A war also serves the purpose of depopulating the area. After all, you cannot mine an area or drill in area for natural resources if there are people living on the land. Why do you think masses of people in Africa are slaughtered or left to starve to death? Less people = less contracting problems.

The officials in the Government are not short on intelligence. They know that you cannot Westernize people or form a democracy where people have been living the same way for thousands of years. However, the Government has to sell this liberation BS to its people, otherwise they will not support the war. After a while though, as the casualties pile up, the people do get wary and then you have to eventually withdraw.

From the Government's standpoint, the longer they stay in the war, the better. I agree, American military leaders are the pits, but I think this is more by design than anything else. If you have competent leaders, then you will not have a long drawn out conflict, which is obviously in the Government's best interest.

So it's not about winning or losing. It's about how long you can stay there and how much chaos you can create. And you thought George W. was nuts when he said "mission accomplished." From his and his contractor buddies' standpoint, these two wars have worked out better than they would have ever imagined. Unfortunately, John Q. Public can't say the same.

PS: I remember going often to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial while a student in Washington DC. Of all the monuments in DC, it was by far my favorite one. It is one of the most heart wrenching things you can ever exprience. The amount of emotion that wall evokes is inexplicable.

thewall-usa.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

No no, not time line, 'different version of history'. You don't believe that? Why do you think everyone is in ATS? Al-Qaeda has its own version, until they are gone...

Irrelevant.

I wasn't making a point of what version was right now was I? I was posting the timeline. Secondly where exactly is Al-Qaede going? Would you like to share your theories on that one?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Every side has there own version of history until defeat,

How do you define defeat? Are you saying we got defeated because we sought a peace treaty?

How do you get a defeat from a peace treaty?

In early January 1973, the Nixon White House convinced the Thieu-Ky regime in Saigon that they would not abandon South Vietnam if they signed onto the peace accord. Likewise, Hanoi convinced leaders of the NLF that all southern political prisoners would be released shortly after the peace accord was signed. On January 23, therefore, the final draft was initialed, ending open hostilities between the United States and the DRV.The Paris Peace Agreement did not end the conflict in Vietnam, however, as the Thieu-Ky regime continued to battle Communist forces. From March 1973 until the fall of Saigon on April 30, 1975, ARVN forces tried desperately to save South Vietnam from political and military collapse.

vietnam.vassar.edu...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   

The North Vietnamese didn't want to negotiate a peace settlement or a cease fire so America could withdrawal from the South...

It wasn't until after the US flattened most of North Vietnam in the 24 hours around the clock bombing campaign of 1972...

That is one version of history...

My point still stands, History is written by winners, not losers. The winners who will eventually become super powers if not stopped will push their own version of history until everyone accepts it, unless other super powers are pushing their own version.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I never said you got defeated, read what I wrote, it is all there...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join