It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Anticipated V-Game of Year Features an Invasion of DC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
The Game is Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2.
Modern warfare 1 came out in 2007 and is still at the very top of the most played online games on X-box and PlayStation. (updated weekly)

This game will be the most played game for at least the next year.

Now to the conspiracy part.

A brand new trailer for this game was just released by infinity ward (company making game) yesterday, the trailer itself is well done and plays like a movie.

However at the very end, the last 15seconds or so the narrator continues a poem in where he reveals that the US is attacked, then it cuts to clips of DC turned to burning rubble.

I can't help but wonder if were being geared up for an attack on Washington, i know there have been a couple of games that have come out with an attack on American soil, but this is by far the most popular game to be played and its featuring it now.

Video games are by no means the only source of this propaganda, i have been seeing it in a lot of media venues for the last 6 months or so.

here's the vid, if you have the connection for it, visit youtube and watch the HD version.

I look forward to playing the game.

I know many will say its nothing more then a popular theme which it probably is, however i can't help but be a little bit creeped out by all of it.\

Edited to Add:
Forgot to mention there even selling the game with a real pair of functioning military inspired night vision goggles. *for fun

[edit on 10/6/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   
dont leave out fallout 3, DC after a nuclear explosion

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by phi1618

yeah but that's placed in the future quite a bit and is unrealistic.

this game prides itself on realism.

thanks for the reply.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Hi,

This is definitely one of the games I have been waiting for all year. I mean Im all nerded-out excited for it!
My mouth fell open when I saw that DC was in flames, and not only in flames, but it seemed to be occupied too. (*Check out IGN's replay theater HERE to follow the break down of the trailer*)

In it there is one scene where the player is being fired at from the roof of the whitehouse. After I saw the trailer, my first thought was, "man I really hope this doesnt turn out to be art predicting life." Thats seems to be happening alot doesn't it? A few people on the forum dedicated to the game were upset at seeing DC in flames. They felt it was disrespectful and wrong. Of course that isnt going to stop them from buying the game!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
lo0ks kick ^$%^$%!. i use to be hardcore COD player,but was introduced to WOW,now all of my games are bastards...
. but this lo0ks good and might have to give wow a break i know i could use one from that damn game. but thx for the post!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
SWEET cant wait for this one. yeah i think it might just be artistic license. but the game looks awesome.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   
i don't know bout the game predicting an attack on DC

but what I do know is that i can't wait for this game to drop and ima buy it as soon as it does

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
It seems to me that the warning video about the D.C. attack are a viral marketing for this game, showing a video war game in the background with a voiceover, talking about it being left as a heap of rubble. Saying also that this will happen on a sunday in October, well the game is also set for a sunday in October release ( 11th ). Seems too fishy for mere coincidence, if it is then I fear for the future sanity, as marketing will get away with more scary claims, just to sell a game. The world will end on such and such a date in 2012, oh no it`s just another marketing campain for a video game.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Red Alert 2. The American campaign had you defending it, while the Soviet campaign had you invading it. Even had to blow up the Pentagon,lol.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Lets hope that one (or more) of the game objectives is finding Congressional Bunkers etc...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Alaskan Man

I dont know whether there is any conspiracy but it would not surprise me.

I have noticed how video games seem to be parallel to current events, its ironic that governments trash countries, murder people and at the opposite end of the world the exact same thing is sold as entertainment for someone in their home.

I actually stopped playing war games a short time ago for this very reason, im not saying anyone is in the wrong for just playing a game of course. Personally I would rather play something that is entirely fictional rather than even loosely based on the reality of war.

If the reality of the world ever really hits your head and you feel it, I doubt anyone would ever feel different to that.

This world is proof that insanity is a real thing if you think about it.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Man, I’m starting to get sick of Der Riese, but all will be good next month when MW2 comes out.

My call is that it could be a military coup.

Only one month to go, so I guess we will know soon enough.

I hope the intro is like MW being that leader was crazy. It was the most amazing game intro that I’d ever seen.
No doubt in my mind that this will be the best game EVER.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
Saying also that this will happen on a sunday in October, well the game is also set for a sunday in October release ( 11th ). Seems too fishy for mere coincidence,

actually it comes out on Tuesday November 10th. i think you reversed the dates, but hey if your European that's fine haha.

[edit on 10/6/2009 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
"its nothing more then a popular theme."

I seriously find it hard to believe that the government is intervening in the media to the point where they influenced game developers to produce a game to "prepare US citizens for a possible attack on American Soil."

I guess I'm the skeptic of skeptics but I don't see it possible for the government to be able to cover their tracks that well. SOMEONE in the company would have blabbed about it. People are not good at keeping secrets. Add that to prying journalists and I don't see that as happening.

"The world will end on such and such a date in 2012, oh no it`s just another marketing campain for a video game."

No, that's a movie

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Anyone who was buying this game on PC needs to join with the community and boycott MW2.

No dedicated servers, what are they thinking.
Join the Boycott.

posted on Oct, 19 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
reply to post by phi1618

this game prides itself on realism.

That it does not do at all lol.

Martyrdom? Really? Realism? Shooting a 9mm through 5ft of rock? Realism? Really?

I think that basically, gamers are sick OF WWII GAMES. Read about that fact, it is true. I've been an avid (pc) gamer for about 10 years and an avid console gamer my whole life. If there is one sentiment that it true across all gaming websites its the dislike for more WWII titles. How many times/ways can you kill a nazi before you are yearning for more.

I doubt IW is involved in "awakening" the masses to a future event. If anything, its like tv and movies. They are running with a popular theme, and branching away from tired, rehashed WWII titles.

Just my opinion anyways.

join