It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My little girl has SWINE flu...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yes.. my 6 year old has it. I'm posting because of two things.

First-- She picked this up at school. So what you may say. That is where alot of kids have picked it up. So what makes me my girl different... well the fact that the principle of her school told her teacher not to tell parents when a little boy in her class got it. Why?? Because he didn't have a "confirmed" test saying that he had it. Just a doctor telling his parent that it was swine flu.

Now you tell me... who does this principle think he is? What right does he have to with hold that kind of information? None I tell you! It was something that should have been told so that parents could make a decision on there own. Come to find out that about a third of my girl's class was out of school today because they were sick. Swine flu? I don't know. I know her little best friend is really sick and more than likely has it.

And that's not all my friends... now my 1 year old boy is getting sick, my wife is getting sick, my mother-in-law (who just went through Chemo) is getting sick, cousins are getting sick. ETC. Swine Flu? Maybe. Maybe not. Not the point either. And to top it off, I am missing work because the nurse at work doesn't want me around for at least 72 hours.

Thanks a bunch Mr. Principle!!

Second-- The hype. At the doctors office my wife and I learned that they are not even treating anybody over 5 years old unless they are "high risk". WHAT!?! I thought that this was a pandemic?? I thought this was the flu to end all flus?? The Plague of the 21st century??

Well... umm... I guess not.

So did we get treated? Yes. You see, my girl was born 2 and a half months early. She came in at a whopping 1 pound 10 onces. She still has some linger respiratory problems so she counts as "high risk". The other thing that the doc told us that constitutes "high risk" is a compromised immune system.

And the medicine?? You guessed it... TAMIFLU. Any guesses as to how much the drug companies paid for the HYPE? And lets not forget our beloved American administration. You know we can't let a good crisis go to waste.

Anyway... I'm not really worried. We'll keep her hydrated and she will get better. Just thought I would rant to my ATS family. Thanks.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by -Reason-

Take care of your family. It certainly sounds as if you know what to do.

In a few days, it'll all be good.

Mike

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Thats crazy he could have given some kind of warning the parents could have at least made sure everyone your child and everybody else kids were not in contact with them.

Now thier all sick you should get a lawyer and sue him for not giving any kind of WARNING I hope you and your family have seen a doctor and I hope the best for you.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Hi Reason,

I can see your concern my friend and I hope your family comes out of this without any deeper concerns. Hang in their my friend, we are here for you and your family to get better soon.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Would your principal make the teachers announce to the rest of the class when someone has seasonal flu? No? Then why are you making such a big deal out of announcing that someone has swine flu? Considering that the symptoms of both are virtually identical, you're at no more risk than you would be if your daughter had seasonal flu. Stop buying into the idea that this is some super virus that is going to destroy your lives. You don't need tamiflu, you just need bed rest, fluids and a good state of mind. If you're really concerned, get her some Vitamin D, Vitamin C and perhaps some colloidal silver from a health food store or online (10 parts per million solution works most effectively).

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Hope she gets better soon.
But, if you have not prepared your family by boosting their inmunesystem by now it is your responsability. Do not blame the principle, you KNEW 100% the chance was really big that the Swine came to your surroundings.
Colloidal silver, vitamin d and MMS (miracle mineral solution) for all!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by -Reason-
Yes.. my 6 year old has it. I'm posting because of two things.

First-- She picked this up at school. So what you may say. That is where alot of kids have picked it up. So what makes me my girl different... well the fact that the principle of her school told her teacher not to tell parents when a little boy in her class got it. Why?? Because he didn't have a "confirmed" test saying that he had it. Just a doctor telling his parent that it was swine flu.

Now you tell me... who does this principle think he is? What right does he have to with hold that kind of information? None I tell you! It was something that should have been told so that parents could make a decision on there own. Come to find out that about a third of my girl's class was out of school today because they were sick. Swine flu? I don't know. I know her little best friend is really sick and more than likely has it.

And that's not all my friends... now my 1 year old boy is getting sick, my wife is getting sick, my mother-in-law (who just went through Chemo) is getting sick, cousins are getting sick. ETC. Swine Flu? Maybe. Maybe not. Not the point either. And to top it off, I am missing work because the nurse at work doesn't want me around for at least 72 hours.

Thanks a bunch Mr. Principle!!

Second-- The hype. At the doctors office my wife and I learned that they are not even treating anybody over 5 years old unless they are "high risk". WHAT!?! I thought that this was a pandemic?? I thought this was the flu to end all flus?? The Plague of the 21st century??

Well... umm... I guess not.

So did we get treated? Yes. You see, my girl was born 2 and a half months early. She came in at a whopping 1 pound 10 onces. She still has some linger respiratory problems so she counts as "high risk". The other thing that the doc told us that constitutes "high risk" is a compromised immune system.

And the medicine?? You guessed it... TAMIFLU. Any guesses as to how much the drug companies paid for the HYPE? And lets not forget our beloved American administration. You know we can't let a good crisis go to waste.

Anyway... I'm not really worried. We'll keep her hydrated and she will get better. Just thought I would rant to my ATS family. Thanks.

Sorry to hear about your daughter, I hope all is well. I also think the principle of the school should have notified ever parent especially since this is supposed to be the worst thing ever.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper

Would your principal make the teachers announce to the rest of the class when someone has seasonal flu? No? Then why are you making such a big deal out of announcing that someone has swine flu? Considering that the symptoms of both are virtually identical, you're at no more risk than you would be if your daughter had seasonal flu. Stop buying into the idea that this is some super virus that is going to destroy your lives. You don't need tamiflu, you just need bed rest, fluids and a good state of mind. If you're really concerned, get her some Vitamin D, Vitamin C and perhaps some colloidal silver from a health food store or online (10 parts per million solution works most effectively).

They say people with astma are at high risk. Whats your take ??

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper

MSM jamming down everyone's throats the "deadliness" of the "pandemic" + a principle that didn't let the parents know a doctor said it was H1N1 = one very ticked off & worried parent. Cut the guy some slack. I'd be mad as hell at that principle too if I had any kids in that class. Just trying to look out for his family... hope all turns out well brother. Keep 'em hydrated & pump 'em full of vitamin c & d.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
i read that the swine flu depletes the vitamin c in the cell. i have also read that the effervescant vitmin c is what to take.
it's acidity is very low,so there is no limit as to how much you can take.
if you aren't sick yet go get yourself some liquid echinacea.
i have diabetes and thie really boosts my immune system. feel better.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Spectre0o0]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
even if someone was told not to tell anyone, why would he be sent to school in the first place, at my girlfriend's college, they told everyone, if you're sick in any way, just do NOT come to school, this is what all places need to be doing.
If someone is sick and they are coming to work/school, they should be kicked out right away, this is how this # spreads.
Anyways. I hope she gets better, good luck

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I would have liked to have been notified. We get notified if a child has lice, or chicken pox, etc. Even if it is just "a flu", it is still something the parents should have a head's up on.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Have no worries I got it right before Exercises and passed just fine, and still have it somewhat, for a bit it was hard but you get over just have a strong will.

Stay in bed at least one day but after do stuff a LOT because it gets your body working, and get a lot of sun I found that helps I dont know when will be fully over it but hopefully soon, it is more a inconvenience than a death sentence.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Vitamin C & D. A couple grams of C per day as well as at least 4000mg of D while your daughter is sick. If you aren;t currently supplementing D I'd push it to 6-8 if it were my son, who's 9 we go to 6-10 while he's sick. She can take something like 20,000MG or more per day for a couple of weeks without any harmful effects. Anyway's that and colloidal silver and oscillococcinum is awesome stuff for the flu. The Oscillo does a really good job of mitigating symptoms of the flu, you can pick it up at a wal-mart, or rite aid or really any major grocery type retailer, even better than Tamiflu and it's homeopathic so no interactions or side effects to worry about. Keep well, I'll keep you in my prayers I know how it is when my kids are sick. And I'd start a petition to get that administrator fired and on the street, that's ridiculous keeping the info from the parents so you could take precautions. Get his butt thrown out!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by letspreadtruth

I have chronic asthma and have had the swine flu since last Tuesday. My Dr. has put me on Tamiflu, steroids and every inhaler possible and it is still embedded in my lungs. I have to return to the Dr. today and I am praying that he doesn't put my in the hospital. My son, on the other hand, did just fine with it. He had the swine flu a few weeks ago and came out of it great without Tamiflu or any meds. for that matter. With that being said, I do believe that those suffering with asthma are having a rough time with it.

Take care,
Brandi

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
First off... thanks to you all for your thoughts. It is good to know that there are still people out there who care for the well beings of other that they haven't even met. Thanks for all the advice too.

Like I have already said... I'm not really worried about the flu. I have been giving her vitamins and lots to drink and today she is running around like normal. She still has a cough and looks a bit tired... all in all she is doing great. The rest of the family doesn't seem to be getting any worse. So I thank God for that.

What this post is more about is an administrator telling a teacher not to tell the parents about it. I don't like that. What else may he try to hide? What if it was the "BIG ONE" and he tried to cover that up too. Parents have the right to know what they are sending their kids into. In whatever the case may be. Sicknesses or not.

Also I posted this about the hype that the MSM has put on swine flu. Completely unwarranted. What's their purpose? Remember it has been said that no good crisis should go to waste. If we can't find a real crisis then we'll fabricate one. I think that very statement says more about Obama and his commies than any other.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Don't panic, Schools can only tell that children are sick from flu seasonal or else when is a brake out that will affect the entire school.

Swine flu is not different from seasonal flu, treat your family and yourself like you do with the seasonal flu.

If anybody gets too sick then that is what hospitals are for.

Tamilfu is the preferred anti viral if you or your family doesn't have the seasonal flu vaccine.

So is up to you to allow tamiflu on your younger ones.

Take care of yourself and your family.

Remember already millions in the US had the swine flu and only those with secondary illnesses have complications just like the seasonal flu.

new topics

top topics

join