It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wants to control the internet....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com...

Was only a matter of time

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sgrrsh26

From the article.

The Federal Trade Commission will try to regulate blogging for the first time, requiring writers on the Web to clearly disclose any freebies or payments they get from companies for reviewing their products.

The FTC said Monday its commissioners voted 4-0 to approve the final Web guidelines, which had been expected. Violating the rules, which take effect Dec. 1, could bring fines up to $11,000 per violation. Bloggers or advertisers also could face injunctions and be ordered to reimburse consumers for financial losses stemming from inappropriate product reviews.

The commission stopped short of specifying how bloggers must disclose conflicts of interest. Rich Cleland, assistant director of the FTC's advertising practices division, said the disclosure must be "clear and conspicuous," no matter what form it will take.

Bloggers have long praised or panned products and services online. But what some consumers might not know is that many companies pay reviewers for their write-ups or give them free products such as toys or computers or trips to Disneyland. In contrast, at traditional journalism outlets, products borrowed for reviews generally have to be returned.

Not that I doubt the OP, but I wonder how they'll spin this to political endorsements?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
" freedom of speach , is to important to leave in the hands of amatures . "
hilary clinton

"either we shut down the internet , or the internet will shut down us ."
unknown editor of the 'new york times'

information is power .
money is ' the hours of a persons life ' , you can take money from people with information , but you can't keep what you take if you can't control information avalable to them

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The American people need to stand up and realize we are the only ones who can make a change. We need to hold the powers that be accountable and take back our freedom. We are no longer the land of the free anymore, and it's sad to say that with each and every passing day this becomes more and more evident.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I get tired of a lot of rhetoric against Obama but I still found myself chuckling when I saw the below image. Every time I go to Brave New Books here in Austin, it makes me happy to see the Obama poster that has "establishment demagogue" over his image. Absolutely perfect.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by justinsweatt]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
1984, Atlas Shrugged, Minority Report...and we thought those were all fiction, they'll end up calling those authors prophets lol

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by sgrrsh26

From the article.

The Federal Trade Commission will try to regulate blogging for the first time, requiring writers on the Web to clearly disclose any freebies or payments they get from companies for reviewing their products.

It's not such a big issue or necessarily a bad call on the FTC's part, but if you give them an inch, they just might take a mile. They are always looking for ways they can control everything.

top topics

join