It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churches Announce Former Members are the AntiChrist

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by funkeemunkee84

How do you go from defending your point of view to attacking my church specifically and stating that the stench of brimstone is rampant within its walls?

EASY. You speak exactly as one who goes to the corrupt, in it for themselves church. your thoughts, your reply, ALL of it is not biblical (even tho you'll argue another 3 yards about that).

Where's the love, the compassion? The leading the weaker and less able among you to reach and find God? You talk exactly how the corrupt churches act- the weak and the lost are devoured and what's left thrown in a trash pile.

I say these things, because I HAVE LIVED THEM. I have heard the exact same words from the mouths of people who used me and then disposed of me. I have heard these words from 'godly' women who broke my heart, made me miserable, and then hid behind their god, all the while snickering. Lemme tell you this- if any of it was 'my' fault, I'd be doing drugs, have illegitimate babies in every state in the union, and have at least committed one major crime.

However, I have NOT. I lived my life as best I could have by the 10 commandments... and after seeing what it's gotten me- I now ask myself 'why'. Because god's supposed 'people' lie, cheat, steal, use foul language, lust, cheat, and do all kinds of despicable acts in the dark, and manage rewards constantly. Those of us who try to do what's required and asked get **** on to the point where we need a snorkel and a breathmint due to manure piled 10 feet around us in liquid form!

How and why? I got no idea. But I can tell you this much- I have had an absolute gutful. After being thrown out of St Peter's Country Club- I am now branded 'one of the most evil' because I don't have the cash and the goods to keep up with the ones who run the circus. I'd give $10 to see Jesus show up at these churches incognito and see how he's treated. Oh, wait. "What you do to the least of your brothers, you do to me". I just hadda pay $10. He already HAS shown up and gotten the raw treatment. Rut Roh, Rhaggy.

Don't explain your side of this to me. Explain it to God. I already screamed, cried, hollered and cursed my version to the Almighty. I may have sounded like a drunken sailor with his delicate parts caught in a door, BUT I WAS AT LEAST HONEST ABOUT IT.

If you really believe what you've been fed, you better take a long, long look in a mirror and ask yourself some VERY hard questions.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Ok guy there's no moving you at the moment I suppose, your hardened heart will come around I hope. I'm sorry you've gone through so much as you state you have. I'm not going to sit here and argue a moog point with you. If you can come across some time to see what good things our church has done with the few brothers and sisters we have I do ask that you go back to our website and see what we have helped accomplish in the philippines and around the world....I just wanted you to know we are not your typical church and do not prey on people. God bless and good luck.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I have something in common with this thread as two churches, not one have called me the Antichrist, largely for my belief that God is everything, and in everything including all heavens, all hells, all angels and all demons. That God is the only thing that exists.

= Me Antichrist...

Go figure.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by funkeemunkee84

The fact that in order to be a true Christian you have to live a holy life

Can you please tell me what makes you holier than me?

true Christians know that you cannot be saved without being holy

Does this require enacting a blood drinking ritual?

God himself lets everyone know through the bible that whomever cannot commit themselves to a holy life and be saved will be forgotten of by him and left to the side, you know the book of life.

Does this "book of life" have anything to do with church records and having your name on the roll?

furthermore through Apostle Paul's teaching churches are taught to forget of those who choose to remove themselves from the church. It's God's law and it cannot be ignored.

What qualifies Paul to speak on God's behalf?
Paul never even knew Jesus. Paul was a blood relative of King Herod.

Apostle Paul cannot be ignored he was made by Jesus Christ our Lord and savior apostle to all of the Gentiles,

This is simply not true. Jesus never met nor spoke to Paul.

I think you would do well to research some bible history before making yourself a stumbling block of errors.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

I don't hold myself to be holier than anyone

there's no blood drinking ritual, the steps that I have learned are as follows
1) repent for your sins
2) be baptized under Jesus' name
3) receive the holy ghost
4) follow the commandments and Jesus and the apostles teachings
5) abstain from sin, and when I sin repent for my sins and prey for forgiveness

The book of life is the where the bible says God keeps everyone's name that will be saved and go to heaven, it's not a church roster or anything earthly.

Paul was a chosen apostle through the holy ghost, yes paul and jesus never met face to face, but since the holy ghost is god and so is jesus saying that paul was chosen by jesus is not out of context. being a blood relative of an evil person doesn't discredit him.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Well I haven't been back to the Catholic Church as a practicing parishioner since I was in my teens and I can't say I've suffered any recourse from them.
I had my son christened, have been to weddings, christenings etc with no backlash and ban. So I can say it isn't ALL CHURCHES.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Flighty]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Religions are now acknowledging that the antichrist is indeed a plural description. And they have now labeled members who have left the church as the wicked antichrist...

They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

1 John 2:19
This past year, the Watchtower Society, which is a publishing company masquerading as a religion, declared its former members as the antichrist:
Some churches are even sending veiled threats to its members that the invisible hand of god is about to kill those who have left the church.

Will churches cause their members to act "with godly hate" against those who expose the false teachings of religions?

Is there really a private organization that plans do harm to those who speak out against religious deceptions?

Will those who do not accept the dominionist agenda be quietly "removed" by the "silent hand of god"?

Alright, let me start with the first point. The Bible speaks of antichrists, plural, AND an Antichrist, singular. The references are in several places, but it's a clear distinction. In general, an antichrist (small "a") is a person or persons that speak against the deity and teachings of Jesus. False teachers, false churches, etc, all fall under this description. In fact, you mentioned one such group, the Jehovah's Witness crowd. Definitely NOT a Christian bunch, and they would tell you that themselves. I used to work with a girl that belonged to that group, who was offended by Christian music. The Antichrist, on the other hand, is supposed to be an individual. One person, with great power, that deceives most of the world, after the Church is gone. The Church, in this case, meaning the body of believers, all that accept Jesus as Savior, and not any particular denomination or organization.

Now, on to the supposed "veiled threats" of churches against people that leave. What the Watchtower Society does is not relevant to what Christian churches do, first off. They are not a Christian Church. Second, a statement by this or that church that God might take some action against those that leave isn't a threat, but a simple statement of a passage of the Bible. Misused or not (I really am too tired to research that right now), stating what one believes God will do isn't telling people to do anything. Nor is it an indication of some secret group of Christian assassins or something, out to kill off those that leave. Seriously, when a person leaves a church, they leave, that's all. Some laces might contact the person, to see how they are doing, and if they intend to remain a member or not, but that's it. At worst, a Catholic could be excommunicated, for whatever that's worth, but I doubt one leaving would really care.

There isn't some vast secret conspiracy by churches to kill off people that disagree. Honestly, these days, such a task would be insurmountable. A lot of people come to believe all the time, but a lot don't. Christians will feel for those people, but we aren't looking to murder them. Now, I understand there are some crackpot groups around that could do something stupid like that, but that's at best a fringe group, like that Westboro bunch (not Baptists at all, no matter what label they apply to themselves). I could see them going off the deep end, but not any regular church. Trust me; I have been in a lot of churches, including some very conservative ones, and nothing like this would ever even be thought of.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadoMan
Religion is population control - plain and simple. More people have died in the name of 'Their' gods than for anything else on this planet.

I still believe the old saying: Left is Right and Right is Wrong!

The Christian Right - what do they stand for? In my opinion - Hatred!

I hate to resort to cliches, but what a crock! Population control? From people that don't, in general, agree with birth control? That's laughable. The Christian Right for hatred? I guess you don't know any real Christians. Hate isn't on the agenda. You are entitled to your opinion, but in this case, it's a wrong one.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Ya know... I was forwarded a list as to the 27 characteristics of the Antichrist. not multiple people who ARE antichrist. To be brutally honest, I think the church itself with all it's various corrupt goings on is the whore of babylon, just from reading and observation- nothing fancy. I read the bible, and what I read in papers and have experienced personally speak volumes- especially when what I experience is along the same lines. I wont sit and point my finger at everything the church has done - I don't want to turn this into a 5 page epic tale, ya know...

Things like seeing the leaders of the church fantastically rich off what little the poor offer- and the poor get little to nothing back from it. The judgmental, mean way a church acts towards someone who NEEDS help, and may have been down the 'wrong path'. Or the way a lot of churches act like a country club- pay your dues, or get OUT.

They say WE, who left and decided not to put up with the BS, are the AntiChrist(s)?

Anyways, this list is for reference only: Feel free to disagree... as this list was compiled from the bible- and supposedly, the church FOLLOWS the bible- there's obviously some huge, huge discrepancies in their claims and what's in the book...

1. He comes from among ten kings in the restored Roman Empire; his authority will have similarities to the ancient Babylonians, Persians, and Greeks [Daniel 7:24; Rev 13:2 / Daniel 7:7]

2. He will subdue three kings [Daniel 7:8, 24]

3. He is different from the other kings [Daniel 7:24]

4. He will rise from obscurity…a “little horn” [Daniel 7:8]

5. He will speak boastfully [Daniel 7:8; Rev 13:5]

6. He will blaspheme God, [Daniel 7:25; 11:36; Rev 13:5] slandering His Name, dwelling place, and departed Christians and Old Testament saints [Rev 13:6]

7. He will oppress the saints and be successful for 3 ½ years [Daniel 7:25; Rev 13:7]

8. He will try to change the calendar, perhaps to define a new era, related to himself [Daniel 7:25]

9. He will try to change the laws, perhaps to gain an advantage for his new kingdom and era
[Dan 7:25]

10. He will not be succeeded by another earthly ruler, but by Christ [Daniel 7:26-27]

11. He will confirm a covenant with “many”, i.e. the Jewish people [Daniel 9:27]
This covenant will likely involve the establishment of a Jewish Temple in Jerusalem
[see Dan 9:27; Matt 24:15]

12. He will put an end to Jewish sacrifice and offerings after 3 ½ years and will set up an abomination to God in the Temple [Daniel 9:27, Matthew 24:15]

13. He will not answer to a higher earthly authority; “He will do as he pleases”[Daniel 11:36]

14. He will show no regard for the religion of his ancestors [Daniel 11:37]

15. He will not believe in any god at all [except for himself] [Daniel 11:37]

16. He will have "no regard for the desire of women": He will either be asexual or homosexual
[Dan 11:37]

17. He will claim to be greater than any god [Daniel 11:37; 2 Thess 2:4]

18. He will claim to be God [2 Thessalonians 2:4]

19. He will only honor a “god” of the military. His whole focus and attention will be on his military. He will conquer lands and distribute them [Daniel 11:39-44]

20. His arrival on the world scene will be accompanied by miracles, signs and wonders [2 Thess 2:9]

21. Either he, or his companion [The False Prophet], will claim to be Christ [Matt 24:21-28]

22. He will claim that Jesus did not come in the flesh, or that Jesus did not rise bodily from the grave
[2 John 7]. He will deny that Jesus is the Messiah [I John 2:22]

23. He will be worshipped by many people [Rev. 13:8]

24. He will hate a nation that initially will have some control over his kingdom, but he will destroy this nation [Rev 17:16-18]

25. He will appear to survive a fatal injury [Rev. 13:3; 17:8]

26. His name will be related to the number six hundred and sixty six—but not necessarily in an obvious fashion [Rev 13:17-18].

27. He will be empowered by the devil himself [Rev. 13:2]

Exactly where are the discrepancies? All this matches up with everything I have heard in a church about the Antichrist (not to be confused with antichrists in general-see other post here).

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Thirdly, the antichrist is not one, but many. ...These "antichrists" were former church members who had left the faith. John's antichrist was of Christian origin. It was not a single individual.

www.newjerusalemcommunity.net...

The antichrists' departure from the church was evidence that they did not truly belong to the church.

According to this, it seems to imply that one cannot have any valid belief system outside of church dictates.

To label former church members as being the "anti-christ", when many of them do, in fact, bear more fruitage of spirit than those who warm the pews, is a dominionist viewpoint.

Some churches have given sermons, which I see as veiled threats, stating that the invisible hand of god will annihilate all opposers to the authority of the church aka "god".

Sometimes God does a strange work with his own people—a work of destruction, not salvation. He does this when his people act strangely toward him, acting not as his children, but as his enemies. This is especially true of people who have been born and brought up in the church.

www.gracevalley.org...

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Alright, let me start with the first point. The Bible speaks of antichrists, plural, AND an Antichrist, singular. The references are in several places, but it's a clear distinction. In general, an antichrist (small "a") is a person or persons that speak against the deity and teachings of Jesus. False teachers, false churches, etc, all fall under this description.

Finally, here comes some news that most Christians don't take the time to find out for themselves. With the use of the original Greek words, Antichrist we can clearly see that they were many in the first century. (It was not a single individual.). In the original languages the letter (a) in the word Antichrist is not capitalized. It was capitalized by the translators.

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes
The Antichrist, on the other hand, is supposed to be an individual. One person, with great power, that deceives most of the world, after the Church is gone. The Church, in this case, meaning the body of believers, all that accept Jesus as Savior, and not any particular denomination or organization.

So before anyone today can tell us that the Antichrist is a single individual that must first [sic] show from the original languages that the world antichrist was capitalized which it was not.

We cannot ignore John's use of the word, antichrist with a small (a) because it supply us [sic] with important information to the interpretation of this books.

We also cannot ignore the fact These "antichrists" were former church members who had left the faith. ( (1 John 2:19)

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   

invisible hand of god is about to kill those who have left the church.

That's nothing compared to my pimpin' hand.

Seriously though, they need the indulgences in these trying times.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join