It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churches Announce Former Members are the AntiChrist

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Religious Dominionism is alive and well...still

For years, many religions have promoted the Antichrist as a singular person. According to the use of the word "antichrist" in the book of John, the word is plural. Religions are now once again twisting the scriptures to their own advantage, just as they always have.

Religions are now acknowledging that the antichrist is indeed a plural description. And they have now labeled members who have left the church as the wicked antichrist.

This is the verse they are using to "prove" that their ex-members are "scripturally" the anti-christ. Religions have lied to people for too long; many are seeing the deceptions in the churches and have left.

They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.

1 John 2:19

Here is what they are saying in retaliation to those who have found lies and disgust at the false teachings within the churches. When people dare to question the teachings of the church doctrine, the church labels them as heretics. Many churches encourage their members to cut their ties and friendships with those who have "left the faith".

A little word trick religions use is to equate their church as "being god".

Thus, church drop-outs are accused as being opposed to god because they will not adhere to the rules and regulations of church dictates.

Here is one way the church is retaliating against its former members:

The persecution has started and it looks like former members who have fallen away are leading the attacks claiming that the doctrines and religious practices caused them emotional psychological harm ....

Let us continue on in the faith and count those who depart as accursed. Remove them from your memory as God does......

jesus-messiah.com...

This past year, the Watchtower Society, which is a publishing company masquerading as a religion, declared its former members as the antichrist:

However Jehovah's Witness doctrines provide no valid reason for baptised members to leave the religion.[161] Any who do choose to depart and announce their decision to terminate their membership are regarded as abandoning God's organization and protection and voluntarily entering the world of Satan,[161][162] becoming part of the antichrist.

en.wikipedia.org...

Some churches are even sending veiled threats to its members that the invisible hand of god is about to kill those who have left the church.

Jeremiah speaks about this judgment of God on his own people. It is a work so strange that makes one’s blood curdle.

But Isaiah 28:21 tells us God was going to turn his destructive power against his own people. That is why it is called a strange work.

This is what happens when people reject the word of God. When people mock God’s authority and government, God himself performs the strange work of cutting them down to the ground, where they will be trampled.

If we refuse to listen when the preacher brings God’s word to us,.....

www.gracevalley.org...

Will churches cause their members to act "with godly hate" against those who expose the false teachings of religions?

Is there really a private organization that plans do harm to those who speak out against religious deceptions?

Will those who do not accept the dominionist agenda be quietly "removed" by the "silent hand of god"?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
i try not to treat paul's writings as inerrant. he was inspired, yes. a very good teacher and blessed with spiritual gifts but he was not without fault. i take his writings as being like those of moses - - important, inspirational, but also capable of being misconstrued and abused because they were the words of a man, not far removed from that of a gifted, neighborhood preacher. it concerns me that his texts have been given the same weight as the words of yeshua.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
i try not to treat paul's writings as inerrant. he was inspired, yes. a very good teacher and blessed with spiritual gifts but he was not without fault. i take his writings as being like those of moses - - important, inspirational, but also capable of being misconstrued and abused because they were the words of a man, not far removed from that of a gifted, neighborhood preacher. it concerns me that his texts have been given the same weight as the words of yeshua.

Most of the christian doctrine is Pauline. Paul wrote about half of the new testament. Several things about paul are rather disturbing. He never actually spoke with Jesus in real life nor followed his teachings. His only claim to "knowing" Jesus was based on "having a vision" of him.

Also, Paul continued to offer blood ritual sacrifices in the Solomon-Herod Temple after the ascension of Jesus. This tells me that Paul did not really promote Jesus as being the ultimate sacrifice for mankind.

I expect churches to attempt to bring back the idea of ritual blood sacrifice in the near future. This is why the churches are supporting the building of the sacrificial altar which is currently under construction in Israel.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

i thought they were encouraging it because they still think it has to have the abomination that maketh desolate event, which i thought had happened back in like 70 AD. so far the big issue i'm concerned about with dominionism is how easy it would be to convince them to go for the new world order. i mean yeshua is planning on a new world order of his own, if you think about it... or least, that's what revelation seems to suggest. but i don't think this is his new world order on the rise.

so many crossed signals right now. i need to find a really good eschatologist, sit his butt down and make him go over all the cups, vials, trumpets and so on, till the whole thing makes more sense.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by undo]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Suddenly, I am happy I left the church.... Amazing. just simply amazing. The Invisible hand of God sounds like Church Assassins!

is this what people who left are in for?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Apparently we are a nation that promotes freedom OF religion, in other words we are free to choose which church we will attend. BUT....
there is no such thing as freedom FROM religion.

For seventeen years, people have been asking me for proof that a conversation took place between Vice President Bush and me in which George H. W. Bush told me that atheists should not be regarded as citizens, nor should they be regarded as patriotic, because this country is "One nation under God."
Copies of correspondence about that issue have now been located.

www.robsherman.com...

It would seem from this conversation that government also supports this christian dominionism.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Alethea]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
As a recovering Catholic and an excommunicated Mormon..quite the combo huh?
...i've been called a few names, Anti-Christ among them

Deny Ignorance...that's the reason i'm not religious anymore.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Most churches are corrupt and should not be trusted. If you truly believe in god you will not follow your church and trust your faith in the bible.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Religion is population control - plain and simple. More people have died in the name of 'Their' gods than for anything else on this planet.

I still believe the old saying: Left is Right and Right is Wrong!

The Christian Right - what do they stand for? In my opinion - Hatred!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Well now I'm going to have to call BS on at least one of the sites you are using to show your point of view. I happen to be a member of the Jesus Messiah church and my pastor is one of the persons that wrote the article that you are referencing. In no way are they attacking people that leave the church, they are simply saying that it is wrong for someone that doesn't know what they are saying to try and spread their false doctrine and call it the word of God. The bible does say that going against the church is a sin and as men of God they must obey and be inline with what God mandates.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by funkeemunkee84]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
My experience with the Jehovah's Witnesses is that anyone who chooses to leave the religion is viewed as an 'Apostate' and in the eyes of the JWs such people are very much the spawn of Satan and lower than the low, not even to be greeted by their former associates.

The threat of excommunication and shunning is a powerful threat in the JW community. Add to it the continual threats in the WatcthTowers of eternal annihalation by their 'loving God' and it can turn into quite a heady mixture of hate and condemnation.

A few other cults are equally neurotic and extreme in their views but remain 'amusing' in their vanity of self righteousness.

I should know as all my relatives are JW and walk with their noses in the air knowing that THEY are chosen and are going to live forever.....unlike the rest of us!

Time will tell and he who laughs last......laughs longest!!!

Gotta luv 'em!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by funkeemunkee84

The bible does say that going against the church is a sin and as men of God they must obey and be inline with what God mandates.

So... when a church has all the corrupt, evil, stupid, and downright just horrifying crap going on, we should be glad and happy Because God mandates that? When you end up abused, battered, bruised, and your mental state is attacked time and again- be happy, because this is what God mandates, and we should obey these evil things?

That's what's going on, and that's what you just alluded to.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
they are growing up,
they finally start seeing the antichrist is a symbol,
but now they are still going to reflect the symbol
on the wrong people
(delusion promised)

god is one.
truth is one.

both logic as heart.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ya know... I was forwarded a list as to the 27 characteristics of the Antichrist. not multiple people who ARE antichrist. To be brutally honest, I think the church itself with all it's various corrupt goings on is the whore of babylon, just from reading and observation- nothing fancy. I read the bible, and what I read in papers and have experienced personally speak volumes- especially when what I experience is along the same lines. I wont sit and point my finger at everything the church has done - I don't want to turn this into a 5 page epic tale, ya know...

Things like seeing the leaders of the church fantastically rich off what little the poor offer- and the poor get little to nothing back from it. The judgmental, mean way a church acts towards someone who NEEDS help, and may have been down the 'wrong path'. Or the way a lot of churches act like a country club- pay your dues, or get OUT.

They say WE, who left and decided not to put up with the BS, are the AntiChrist(s)?

Anyways, this list is for reference only: Feel free to disagree... as this list was compiled from the bible- and supposedly, the church FOLLOWS the bible- there's obviously some huge, huge discrepancies in their claims and what's in the book...

1. He comes from among ten kings in the restored Roman Empire; his authority will have similarities to the ancient Babylonians, Persians, and Greeks [Daniel 7:24; Rev 13:2 / Daniel 7:7]

2. He will subdue three kings [Daniel 7:8, 24]

3. He is different from the other kings [Daniel 7:24]

4. He will rise from obscurity…a “little horn” [Daniel 7:8]

5. He will speak boastfully [Daniel 7:8; Rev 13:5]

6. He will blaspheme God, [Daniel 7:25; 11:36; Rev 13:5] slandering His Name, dwelling place, and departed Christians and Old Testament saints [Rev 13:6]

7. He will oppress the saints and be successful for 3 ½ years [Daniel 7:25; Rev 13:7]

8. He will try to change the calendar, perhaps to define a new era, related to himself [Daniel 7:25]

9. He will try to change the laws, perhaps to gain an advantage for his new kingdom and era
[Dan 7:25]

10. He will not be succeeded by another earthly ruler, but by Christ [Daniel 7:26-27]

11. He will confirm a covenant with “many”, i.e. the Jewish people [Daniel 9:27]
This covenant will likely involve the establishment of a Jewish Temple in Jerusalem
[see Dan 9:27; Matt 24:15]

12. He will put an end to Jewish sacrifice and offerings after 3 ½ years and will set up an abomination to God in the Temple [Daniel 9:27, Matthew 24:15]

13. He will not answer to a higher earthly authority; “He will do as he pleases”[Daniel 11:36]

14. He will show no regard for the religion of his ancestors [Daniel 11:37]

15. He will not believe in any god at all [except for himself] [Daniel 11:37]

16. He will have "no regard for the desire of women": He will either be asexual or homosexual
[Dan 11:37]

17. He will claim to be greater than any god [Daniel 11:37; 2 Thess 2:4]

18. He will claim to be God [2 Thessalonians 2:4]

19. He will only honor a “god” of the military. His whole focus and attention will be on his military. He will conquer lands and distribute them [Daniel 11:39-44]

20. His arrival on the world scene will be accompanied by miracles, signs and wonders [2 Thess 2:9]

21. Either he, or his companion [The False Prophet], will claim to be Christ [Matt 24:21-28]

22. He will claim that Jesus did not come in the flesh, or that Jesus did not rise bodily from the grave
[2 John 7]. He will deny that Jesus is the Messiah [I John 2:22]

23. He will be worshipped by many people [Rev. 13:8]

24. He will hate a nation that initially will have some control over his kingdom, but he will destroy this nation [Rev 17:16-18]

25. He will appear to survive a fatal injury [Rev. 13:3; 17:8]

26. His name will be related to the number six hundred and sixty six—but not necessarily in an obvious fashion [Rev 13:17-18].

27. He will be empowered by the devil himself [Rev. 13:2]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
WTF is anti-christ? Isn't it the super cool villians shown in movies with super powers and seducing sexy females. Man I wish I was anti-christ if I got such powers lol@ and same for pro-christ !

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

In reference to your list of characteristics of "The" Antichrist.....hold onto that for proof. Because that is the 'old teaching'. Churches used to teach that the Antichrist was one single person that would be a ruler. Also, Antichrist is not really a proper noun capitalized word; the capitalization is also a deliberate mistranslation if you research it.

The new teaching is that all who do not accept the doctrines (no matter how differing the dogma from church to church)...those who will not accept christian dominionism and do as the preachers instruct...are now labeled as the antichrist.

One thing I think is important to recognize is that these institutions claim they are speaking on behalf of god. If you walk away from their teachings they claim that you are walking away from Jesus. Or that you are turning against god because you will not adhere to their dictates.

The church institutions are equating themselves with god.

It reminds me of this verse from 2 Thessolonians 2:3-4

......for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

So really, who could this be describing?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

you are mixing verses like the church does.

the prince of daniel is not the antichrist,
the prince is michael, and michael are all sons of truth...
he would know another god then his forfathers
is mentioned because the sons will know a better truth/god
will destroy the sanctuary, is because he will build something better...

it's all mixed up, in religion and in "contra"-religion.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat

The bible does say that going against the church is a sin and as men of God they must obey and be inline with what God mandates.

So... when a church has all the corrupt, evil, stupid, and downright just horrifying crap going on, we should be glad and happy Because God mandates that? When you end up abused, battered, bruised, and your mental state is attacked time and again- be happy, because this is what God mandates, and we should obey these evil things?

That's what's going on, and that's what you just alluded to.

What corrupt and horrifying things are you alluding to? The fact that in order to be a true Christian you have to live a holy life and must abstain to from temptation. You can't have your cake and eat it too, look I'm not arguing that there are not churches out there that are corrupt and abuse people. I do however feel those people have allowed themselves to be harmed. I believe if they had read their bibles instead of mindlessly following a false witness to God they would not have been in those situations. I simply am commenting that I know my pastor and know what about what lead to that post being added to his personal website. In that instance no foul was committed, true Christians know that you cannot be saved without being holy and receiving the Holy Ghost, God himself lets everyone know through the bible that whomever cannot commit themselves to a holy life and be saved will be forgotten of by him and left to the side, you know the book of life. furthermore through Apostle Paul's teaching churches are taught to forget of those who choose to remove themselves from the church. It's God's law and it cannot be ignored. Apostle Paul cannot be ignored he was made by Jesus Christ our Lord and savior apostle to all of the Gentiles, if you don't know what that means crack a bible open and learn about it. If you don't like that find yourself another god and build a church in their name and fashion it to your liking.

Edited to fix grammar error, even though I probably still missed some.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by funkeemunkee84]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I do however feel those people have allowed themselves to be harmed.

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG, W R O N G. How the hell do you sleep at night thinking thoughts like that?

I believe if they had read their bibles instead of mindlessly following a false witness to God they would not have been in those situations.

You're the type that if a small child got into an accident and was horribly injured, you'd blame the kid, wouldn't you?

People get hurt because people want to be loved, and CAN be misled by more evil, and a lot sneakier people. Don't stand there and whitewash a fence made out of horse manure- 'cause it still stinks to high heaven. I am highly intelligent, and I got suckered by 'christians' well more than once- Why? Because LIKE THE BIBLE SAYS- I needed someone to lean on as well, and they metaphorically broke both my legs and kicked me into a ditch.

Guess what- we're supposed to help one another. NOT ruin someone's life. So, when your church destroys people to the ground, and then they limp off to lick their wounds and swear off YOUR God (who sounds like he's NOT a real deity, just a money making gimmick), you'll spin this tale of woe and guilt and fright on them?

In a world of good Christians and bad Christians, your church is so close to hell, I bet you need a special HVAC system to get the smell of brimstone cleared out every Sunday.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by wylekat]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Actually I sleep quite well at night, And no I wouldn't just go and blame the child for the accident I would investigate get all of the information as to how the accident happened and correlate my decision as to who is to hold responsible from there. I'm a reasonable man after all. How do you sleep at night blatantly attacking your creator and his laws? How do you go from defending your point of view to attacking my church specifically and stating that the stench of brimstone is rampant within its walls? I'm not here attacking you and stating the same of your home am I? I have never walked a mile in your shoes so I don't. I'm not here attacking your iniquity am I? Have you ever sat in my church and actually heard what is being preached? If you haven't please silence your blind misguided attacks towards it. Stick to the subject; of corrupted churches in general. Christianity is a straight forward religion, you either adhere to what must be done and adhere to laws of God or move aside. The people in question did not, so they were removed. God mandates we love him more than anything else. I have to ask; have you read the bible and understood what you have read? If you have you would know why I say that if people read and understood their bible they would not allow themselves to be mislead by false teachers and spreaders of iniquity. Like I said before I agree that there are bad churches out there, but like I said before they only exist because of naive people. We all have a conscious and know the difference between a good and bad situation. If you want to see a true corrupted church all you have to do is nothing more than tune your television to the trinity channel and watch any televangelist spread their false doctrine for your money. I guess you metaphorically had your legs broken by one of the teachers of iniquity, if you'd like I would be more than happy to have you U2U me with any theological questions you may have. I'm here to try to show you that my church and it's members are not evil and out to take advantage of anyone. If you take me up on my offer great, if not I'll know you want to do nothing more than blindly attack my church and others that mean well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join