It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barak Obama advertising the George Lopez show ?!? What the hell???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Nothing is 'wrong' with it.

Obama's going to... well already is actually... anyhow...
Obama's giving comedians, detractors and otherwise healthy, logically thinking people plenty of material for future works.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

Originally posted by gak730

obama did SNL, etc, he was reaching americans, but when he did this in 08 it can't be the same thing ?

Ok your are having trouble clicking links.

Miss_Silver posted links showing this aint 2009 news.

This is not an issue to move on over..

SERIOUSLY!

Show me what Ronald Regan Advertised, Show me What the Bush'es advertised, Show me what Carter or Nixon or Clinton advertised?!!!

Whats that?

YOU CAN'T?

Is that because they did not sink to that level?

Gee Imagine that... The president not sinking to the level of advertising for TV SITCOMS!

That is where we are at folks...

Flag it if you hate it ... it is truth.

Barak Obama cares more about helping the George Lopez Show rather than doing something remotely constructive.

WTF....

I have seen MikeRusselUS new avatar

It is of BUSH saying "miss me yet"

I DONT but almost man.... almost...

NO prez is good but AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Advertising TV Sitcoms!?!!

THAT IS THE BEST USE OF HIS TIME!!!!!

TV SITCOMS!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

Ok, Now I know what we are talking about, I thought there was something I was missing, deeper then a " time " issue, if you are saying this wrong because he could be spending time with his family etc, then I disagree with you.

Should the president not be doing this, sure, but if your argument is what you have posted, thats like saying 24/7 , at ALL TIMES, he MUST be with his family or doing something VERY important.

The president, should be spending a lot of his time on important issues, YES.
he should spend time with his family ? YES
he can't have a couple hours or less of his time to something like that ?
I don't see why not.

If he took his time to play on a couple episodes of the show, I would be right with you on GET HIM OUT OF OFFICE, NOW!. but this commercial ?

I disagree, I see your point, but I don't agree with everything you said.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
i think it was just edited. im pretty sure obama doesnt have that much free time

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   

maybe I am missing something here ? I don't want to ever be ignorant, so I'll ask, if anyone can in a short simple paragraph maybe, tell me what is so wrong about this.

well, IMO i think the elected leader of the united states of america could maybe spend his time better doing the things we elected him for.. ??
Maybe obama forgot that the "official" unemployment rate is almost 10% ?

There are more pressing issues than doing ads for a show that will have one season and be forgotten, like oh say.... the spiraling economy, more of my family dying in iraq and afghanistan...
i wonder if he has any brush to clear on his ranch...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Nice to know our tax dollars are being put to good use. Wonder if he has any spare time between TV appearances, news conferences, and interviews to actually do his job..

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   

If he took his time to play on a couple episodes of the show, I would be right with you on GET HIM OUT OF OFFICE, NOW!. but this commercial ?

NO guy you do not get it.

Whether or not you or I voted for him... HE IS IN OFFICE NOW.

SO he is on our dime.

Our Tax payer money goes to him for him to do his job 24/7/365.

He can spend his time however he likes but in the interest of the USA...

In the best interest in the USA he advertises the George Lopez Show...

THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE IN AMERICA IS WHETHER OR NOT WE ARE WATCHING THE GEORGE LOPEZ SHOW AND TO THAT END, TO PROMOTE VIEWERSHIP HE IS ADVERTISING THAT ONE PARTICULAR SHOW!!!!!!

DO YOU GET IT YET!?!

This is to far... This is to much... It is not even a pathetic new bin laden recording or some other lame thing it is just the prez doing an AD for a buddy.

AGAIN I ASK YOU

SHOW ME THE QUEEN DOING AN AD.

SHOW ME HARPER DOING AN AD!!!!

SHOW ME ONE WORLD LEADER ADVERTISING A HOLLYWOOD TV SITCOM!!!

AAAAUUUGGGGHHH!!

THIS IS TOO MUCH!

[edit on 6-10-2009 by titorite]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

No wonder your country is screwed. Your economy is falling around your ears and your Chief in Command is doing crap promotions for a B grade tv show. i cant stop laughing here. The fact that you people are not RIOTING in the streets over how badly you getting screwed is a testament to how brain washed and controlled you are. YOUR PRESIDENT IS DOING PROMOTIONS FOR TV SHOWS......WAKE UP. He should be spending every spare second he has to trying to save your country. There is NOTHING he could say that could justify this action. NOTHING.

This is insanity..

God help you indeed.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
The fact that you people are not RIOTING in the streets over how badly you getting screwed is a testament to how brain washed and controlled you are. YOUR PRESIDENT IS DOING PROMOTIONS FOR TV SHOWS

I'm afraid that wouldn't do much good. Sure we'd have a bunch of stuff destroyed afterward, and people would have to be hired in order to rebuild it all but that's about the only positive to outright riots at this point. Of course it's very possible that I'm wrong.. I keep telling myself that it can't possibly get much worse, and I've been wrong about that many times in the last year or two..

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   

NO guy you do not get it.

Whether or not you or I voted for him... HE IS IN OFFICE NOW.

SO he is on our dime.

Our Tax payer money goes to him for him to do his job 24/7/365.

He can spend his time however he likes but in the interest of the USA...

In the best interest in the USA he advertises the George Lopez Show...

THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE IN AMERICA IS WHETHER OR NOT WE ARE WATCHING THE GEORGE LOPEZ SHOW TO TO PROMOTE VIEWERSHIP HE IS ADVERTISING THAT ONE PARTICULAR SHOW!!!!!!

DO YOU GET IT YET!?!

This is to far... This is to much... It is not even a pathetic new bin laden recording or some other lame thing it is just the prez doing an AD for a buddy.

AGAIN I ASK YOU

SHOW ME THE QUEEN DOING AN AD.

SHOW ME HARPER DOING AN AD!!!!

SHOW ME ONE WORLD LEADER ADVERTISING A HOLLYWOOD TV SITCOM!!!

AAAAUUUGGGGHHH!!

THIS IS TOO MUCH!

ok, I understand more now, and I'm starting to agree with you, but at the same time, now am I think is, does this really mean 24/7 ? you said he can do whatever he wants, and you mentioned in our best interest in the usa, but really, if you sit back and think, no one can do something very important 24/7, most of the time ? yes, maybe even 85% of 4 years, yes..

but really, I don't see how a couple hours is that bad, like I said, if he went on the show, then I would say the same thing you are.

and remember, we are talking " time " and this was made before he became president, or in his first couple of weeks of course.

Didn't bush take a bunch of vacations and stuff ? i'm sure the president of the USA, has some time to himself no ?

[edit on 5-10-2009 by gak730]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

I'm afraid that wouldn't do much good. Sure we'd have a bunch of stuff destroyed afterward, and people would have to be hired in order to rebuild it all but that's about the only positive to outright riots at this point.

Well coming form a province where the Canadian hockey team either win or loose in the playoffs aka the final 8 or 6 or 4 or 2 teams, I have seen people in Montreal rioting in the streets for the gain of a walkman!

People will riot and do riot for their own gain and not for the good of any political cause.

Granted that riots will cause material destruction, we are not talking about riots to the likes that will level buildings and most people, especially businesses are insured.

Now if you were referring to a civil war by meaning riot, then the stakes would be of different proportions.

My 2 ¢

But now I do live in the states so Obama, whether I like it or not is the president that will impact my life and the life of my husband.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

No wonder your country is screwed. Your economy is falling around your ears and your Chief in Command is doing crap promotions for a B grade tv show. i cant stop laughing here. The fact that you people are not RIOTING in the streets over how badly you getting screwed is a testament to how brain washed and controlled you are. YOUR PRESIDENT IS DOING PROMOTIONS FOR TV SHOWS......WAKE UP. He should be spending every spare second he has to trying to save your country. There is NOTHING he could say that could justify this action. NOTHING.

This is insanity..

God help you indeed.

Quick answer here

Being Canadian born in Quebec and now living in the states... hummm, yeah, riots wouldn't do any good but I do not mind foreseeing in some near future a revolution of some sort. Just hope that it will not be as bloody as the previous one.

Now I turn the computer to my loving husband titorite for it is time to cook this evening meal.

Peace all and be well

Be back in an hour or so.

miss_silver

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   

ok, I understand more now, and I'm starting to agree with you, but at the same time, now am I think is, does this really mean 24/7 ? you said he can do whatever he wants, and you mentioned in our best interest in the usa, but really, if you sit back and think, no one can do something very important 24/7, most of the time ? yes, maybe even 85% of 4 years, yes..

but really, I don't see how a couple hours is that bad, like I said, if he went on the show, then I would say the same thing you are.

and remember, we are talking " time " and this was made before he became president, or in his first couple of weeks of course.

Didn't bush take a bunch of vacations and stuff ? i'm sure the president of the USA, has some time to himself no ?

OK I quoted the entirety of your post because I think it bears reference.

My wife says that maybe you are playing devils advocate. This might be....

How are a few hours bad.... (You have no idea how much I dislike Bush especially over his vacation time) ? It is bad because with so much going on in the world he could be spending OUR TIME better.

A TV ad........IS that the best use of his time? HONESTLY!?

Terrorists,Natural disasters, THE FREAKING WAR IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN......

NEVER FORGET WE ARE STILL AT WAR!!!!

All this... the best use of his time is to promote a canceled TV sitcom...on TBS.(and nick at nite)

Thank you MR. President. I shall watch George Lopez for the good of the country......

UGH!

AS I said before...

IF I could give him a vote of NO CONFIDENCE I WOULD..... What he did is not impeachable....but he does not deserve to be our president, this is not the most important thing he can do.

Public service announcements promoting safe sex, or africa awareness, or just something saying GO OUTSIDE AND DO GOOD... A PSA is good...

Watch the George Lopez show!?!?!?!?!

Hell no.. That is the private sector.

I thought SNL, and Letterman, and all that was to reach the people...

Now... seeing him in an ad for a sitcom.....

NO.....

To far

He needs to go get an agent and be in movies. He does not need to be our president.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

OK I quoted the entirety of your post because I think it bears reference.

My wife says that maybe you are playing devils advocate. This might be....

How are a few hours bad.... (You have no idea how much I dislike Bush especially over his vacation time) ? It is bad because with so much going on in the world he could be spending OUR TIME better.

A TV ad........IS that the best use of his time? HONESTLY!?

Terrorists,Natural disasters, THE FREAKING WAR IN IRAQ AND AFGHANISTAN......

NEVER FORGET WE ARE STILL AT WAR!!!!

All this... the best use of his time is to promote a canceled TV sitcom...on TBS.(and nick at nite)

Thank you MR. President. I shall watch George Lopez for the good of the country......

UGH!

AS I said before...

IF I could give him a vote of NO CONFIDENCE I WOULD..... What he did is not impeachable....but he does not deserve to be our president, this is not the most important thing he can do.

Public service announcements promoting safe sex, or africa awareness, or just something saying GO OUTSIDE AND DO GOOD... A PSA is good...

Watch the George Lopez show!?!?!?!?!

Hell no.. That is the private sector.

I thought SNL, and Letterman, and all that was to reach the people...

Now... seeing him in an ad for a sitcom.....

NO.....

To far

He needs to go get an agent and be in movies. He does not need to be our president.

Like I said before, I am starting to agree with you, but when you said..

"He needs to go get an agent and be in movies. He does not need to be our president. "

Thats what I meant by going too far with this.

I just don't see how even the most important thing on this planet, can take 24 hours of his time, iraq, afgan, etc, he is working on it, but can he really be talking about it 24/7 ?

I mean its not like hes going to be doing things by himself..

what if that day's schedule was like this..

Meeting about Afghanistan soldiers
Meeting about afghanistan war
meeting about Iran
Break
briefing
2 hours to record something for george lopez

now, that one day, out of 4 or 8 years...

if that one day made a difference , then we are screwed no matter what.

thats the way im looking at it.

Now, some people, look at bush as the devil himself, someone who ruined USA, etc..
shouldn't obama doing this, make us think, oh, hes a regular guy like his, funny commercial lol..etc.. ?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Not too much of a stretch to have Obama pushing a comedy show considering how much of a joke the the Office of the President is.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
Not too much of a stretch to have Obama pushing a comedy show considering how much of a joke the the Office of the President is.

If you believe in the NWO as a real thing, wouldnt this make obama nothing at all in the big picture ? so even if he just played in 40 movies, that should mean nothing to you..

am i wrong ?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
George Lopez has proven himself to be a racist.

Obama has now endorsed a proven racist.

Our 'leader' has inspired (directly and indirectly) the cries of racism in this country.

The most divisive person this country has ever seen. It's very clear he is the source...

Even the worst leaders have an effect.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
damn what kinda bull**** is this?
peoples president is one thing,but doing commercials...and were talking about the president ot USA not the president of little bulgaria...
and lets not talk about how much obaba sux,everyshow he advertises should get theyr ratings cut in half, he is a SELLOUT,and an elite PUPPET!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by gak730

Well I do not find the commercial as funny as you... I mean where is the line? Whats next? The new hit Reality show "The Obamas"???

MY beef with this does not stem out of an isolated incident but from him continuing on TV. Doing all the morning shows and Late night Talk shows and now commercials for the George Lopez show.....It is un-professional of him. Regardless of his personal class it lowers the class of the office of the president itself.

And I agree we are in trouble.

Gitmo still needs to be closed, Iraq needs to be given to the Iraqis, For gods sake why are we still in Afghanistan, The Bailouts are not working, We have enough troubles at home that we do not need to stick our nose in any foreign affairs but rather we should clean up our own back yard first and this guy....

THIS GUY wants to be seen on TV ads and the Colbert Report, and the Letterman Show.......Rather than attend to matters of state or spending some of his limited precious freetime with family....I say limited and precious freetime but it seems to me this man has more freetime than his predecessor who took more vacation days than anyone before him...

Its no wonder he can find time to do an advertisement for the George Lopez show.... Maybe he will do something for ACORN next seeing as he used to be real fond of them...

It just aint right.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Overall this makes us look really stupid and that pisses me off. Our president should look strong and tough not weak. How can he talk Iran out of nuclear weapons when he is doing commercials like he needs a second job. Other countries watch our TV and he needs to realize that. Its one thing to appear on a TV show its another to do a commercial promoting it. Our country is in for a real shock one of these days.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I saw this too. Completely ridiculous... he should be using his influence to get Arrested Development back on the air.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join