It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barak Obama advertising the George Lopez show ?!? What the hell???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
SO if this is not in the right forum, please place it in the appropriate one

The husband and I are watching Family Guy on TBS and we just saw a commercial ad for the George Lopez show where Barak Obama was endorsing the George Lopez show.

Please do tell me it was blue screen, please tell me that the current president of the United States didn't sink that low as to become a tv star on TBS.

Edit

Just edited the title of the thread and waiting for a you tube vid to load on dial up so I can post the ad we have just seen.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by miss_silver]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_silver

OMG! I was the one watching TV while she was here online.... I could not believe this...

TELL ME IT WAS HOAX!

Please!

WE/she looked on youtube and freerepublic and google... and what not... This seems to be real...

THE LEADER OF THE ALLEGED FREE WORLD... Doing ADVERTISEMENTS For a
B-rated show.

UNREAL!

I never thought much of him but then again those of you that know me know that I do not think much of ant prez...black white, male female..you that know me know how I feel about electoral colleges...BUT THIS

THIS IS TOO FAR....

I know it is not an impeachable offense but if we could vote no confidence I WOULD!

WE do not see The Former President of Mexico Vicente Fox advertising for Telemundo. We do not see Canadian Prime Minister Harper on CBC advertising for little mosque on the prairie. We do not see the Queen of England advertising for keeping up appearances.

SO WHAT THE HELL!!!!

This is how he can best spend HIS TIME AND OUR TAX MONIES!!!!?!?!?!

NO!

He could of spent that time with his family or fighting terrorism but is he so starved for attention he must advertise George Lopez !!!!

WTF!?!??!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Yeah I been seeing that ad alot --and just a few minutes ago while watching Family Guy. I've been looking too and I don't think it's a green screen --I think he was actually standing next to George. The 1st time I saw this ad I was shocked and awed.

Obama is NOT a President. Looks like he's trying to connect to the people through the avenue of being a star, or celebrity (idol worship) and not a President. He's not the American President, but the American Idol, or another one.

Obama has quite a few commercials out there having nothing to do with policy but everything to do with TV. He's been on Late Night Talk Shows as well.

I'm not sure of the purpose of all of this, except I believe, like I said, trying to connect to the people by a different means other than a President.

If there is to be a 1 World Government, this would be the avenue they would take --someone that can relate to the people on many levels --especially idol worship.

I think Obama needs to focus on the important things and start acting like a person we voted into office, you know, the President of the United States, and not someone on a reality TV show, or he might just find himself voted off the island.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It said the video of them two is from 2008, did you guys miss that ? so it wasn't the president doing it, just obama, in 08. No ?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
the president is more a celebrity than the leader of the united states.

next thing you know he will have a cameo on the simpsons...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
The 1st time I saw this ad I was shocked and awed.

Yeah, while the hubby is somewhat ranting and trashing around scaring the kitty cats, I have a hard time keeping the few slices of pizza we have eaten.

Indeed, Obama is NOT a president, he is an American Idol, nothing more, nothing less.

He acts so righteous when SNL recently made fun of his broken promises and yet, we see him in tv ads endorsing the GL show? I have seen a few politicians hitting the broadway boards, movies, sports and the likes before entering politics but never the other way around.

How can the world take this guy seriously is beyond me OneNationUnder.

I have seen a lot of things in my life but none as pathetic as to see a President/Prime Minister/head of a country belittling himself doing commercial ads. It is not you see Castro advertising La Perla toothpaste (only one available in Cuba) on television. It's not like you see Harper advertising the Canadian TV show "Little mosque on the prairie" It is not like you see..

Nope, never seen this type of thing previously, nor did the husband.

sigh

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This commercial is strange, I just don't know what to make of this.

I believe someone recently started a thread about Obama being a "corporate whore"

Now I'm starting to believe that...

All he's really done since he got elected is help out the corporate elite.

He didn't bail out "the little guy"
He bailed out the "big bullying brother"

Why do you think our troops are still in Iraq? Because of peace and stability? NO!! Because as long as they are fighting, they are making a few key people very rich. War is a profit game for the elites. It matters not who or why. Same goes for this supposed pandemic. The pharmaceutical company that's creating the vaccine will probable quadruple in worth if it ever becomes mandatory, and it's looking like things are heading in that direction.

The gap between rich and poor is quite gaping in this newly forming class-based corporate-run society. And it only will continue to widen until only the top 10% are living lives of luxury, while we'll be left to squabble over petty things. That is, if we don't all get killed by government approved, domestic bio-terrorism first. It's sad how the ones we look to for guidance and stability don't even suffer the same grievances we do. They live pampered lives, where if there was a bad enough pandemic they'd lock themselves up in underground bunkers all safe and cozy while we died.

It's just like the twin towers, this whole country is in a controlled demolition state, and its only a matter of time before we crumble and they erect something lesser in its place...

edit to add: ROFL at "Little Mosque on the Prairie"!!

[edit on 5-10-2009 by mostlyspoons]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by gak730
It said the video of them two is from 2008, did you guys miss that ? so it wasn't the president doing it, just obama, in 08. No ?

Even if it was Senator Obama back then, it is still being released in 09, yes?

Just to say with all the Obama hype these days and the recent SNL thing, the president sure knows when to pick what is favorable to his image and what is not and let the American people know about his discontent.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Thats not fair, we can also say he has done many bad things in his life maybe, would we right now say, " omg the president did this " ? No, same for this video, its out in 2009, but the president didn't do this. Obama did.

and honestly, even if he did it right now, I don't see the big deal.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
When Obama did SNL, and Letterman, and what not... I thought he was doing those shows to reach America. I thought "OK I am not sure how I feel about this but at least he is reaching more of the people"...

With this he is just advertising a show.... I mean ...On the Colbert show I thought that Colbert had secured something...

BUT NO!

Barak Obama really is a TV whore.

He loves the lime light.

He could be with his family or doing something for his country but instead he wants how ever much attention America can pay to him.....

He needs to be removed....

Seriously...

No confidence.

He is not our president but instead rather our TV STAR!!!!

What is he gonna do after politics? 20th Century Fox MOVIES!?!!

Coming this fall Staring former president Barak Obama????

WTF.

As I said before...

FIND ME THE QUEEN ENDORSING "Keeping Up Appearances"

FIND ME PRIME HARPER ENDORSING " Little Mosque"

Find me another world leader endorsing TV shows..

And as for this 08 business...

Obama may of recoreded this in 08 as some allege but this was released as PRESIDENT OBAMA IN 09!

Obamanaughts are no better than bush bots...

Dont be partisan!

This Commercial staring president Obama is not proper for the leader of the U.S.A.

He can spend his time in better ways rather than advertising for B-rated T.V. SITCOMS!

FYI OBAMA WAS ELECTED IN 08

[edit on 5-10-2009 by titorite]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hmm. I thought George Lopez' show was cancelled by ABC in May, 2007.

lol.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

I just cannot wait until they cancel The Barak Obama Show in 2010. I heard the ratings are really dropping off.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by StinkyFeet
reply to post by abecedarian

I just cannot wait until they cancel The Barak Obama Show in 2010. I heard the ratings are really dropping off.
Sadly, they've negotiated syndicated re-runs through at least 2012.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

I dunno about all that. Paris Hilton told me not to trust websites like this so....

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
Hmm. I thought George Lopez' show was cancelled by ABC in May, 2007.

lol.

Yes, the show was but we are talking about GL new talk show

and straight from the mouth of the devil...

TBS kicked off its press tour session for George Lopez's new late-night show with a promo featuring the comedian and President Barack Obama. Naturally, the first question to Lopez was about how he managed to snag the most powerful man in the world for a comedy bit. Lopez explained that he had worked on the Obama campaign to help get out the Latino vote -- "never thinking that in a presidential campaign, those 38 votes would be the difference," he joked. His campaign work eventually led to a friendship with the president, and he says he talked to Obama a few weeks ago. "We had a very lovely conversation -- a little bit about the kids, a lot about Iran. He's a great guy, and I can consider the 44th president of the United States a close friend of mine. Thank you. And I grew up poor." The next question was about whether their relationship gives Lopez an inside track to book Obama on "Lopez Tonight," which premieres in November on TBS.

Link

Tho Zap2It is mostly entertainment news, I would not call it unreliable news.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by miss_silver

Sheesh. Wanna go pop a hole in any other thought balloon I have?

Just kidding.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
He's probably reading this thread right now!

Wow... I don't even know what to think about this! A whole new Pandora's Box of presidential stuff. I just have to laugh and forget it.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

"We had a very lovely conversation -- a little bit about the kids, a lot about Iran.

oh good, i like the sound of that.....

did you hear that? kinda sounded like a war drum... seems to be getting louder.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't want to be called an "obamabot" , I don't really care for him, I'm just saying how I feel, hell, you can call me a bush hater, but if I saw something like this when he was president, I still would of been like " ok..." and I would move along with my day.

obama did SNL, etc, he was reaching americans, but when he did this in 08 it can't be the same thing ?

either way, if he did this as president or before that, I think some of you are taking this way too far, thats fine if a thread was made on it, thats not the going far part.
but the posts from some of you, the vibe is like " OMG im moving out of this country because he just did this"

maybe I am missing something here ? I don't want to ever be ignorant, so I'll ask, if anyone can in a short simple paragraph maybe, tell me what is so wrong about this.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gak730

obama did SNL, etc, he was reaching americans, but when he did this in 08 it can't be the same thing ?

Ok your are having trouble clicking links.

Miss_Silver posted links showing this aint 2009 news.

This is not an issue to move on over..

SERIOUSLY!

Show me what Ronald Regan Advertised, Show me What the Bush'es advertised, Show me what Carter or Nixon or Clinton advertised?!!!

Whats that?

YOU CAN'T?

Is that because they did not sink to that level?

Gee Imagine that... The president not sinking to the level of advertising for TV SITCOMS!

That is where we are at folks...

Flag it if you hate it ... it is truth.

Barak Obama cares more about helping the George Lopez Show rather than doing something remotely constructive.

WTF....

I have seen MikeRusselUS new avatar

It is of BUSH saying "miss me yet"

I DONT but almost man.... almost...

NO prez is good but AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Advertising TV Sitcoms!?!!

THAT IS THE BEST USE OF HIS TIME!!!!!

TV SITCOMS!!!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo

EVEN BUSH NEVER SUNK TO THIS LOW!.

When his rating sunk that low he would just release a new Bin Laden tape rather than endorsing TV sitcomes!!!!!

NOOOOOOooooo..

Get bush In Venezuela and Get Obama out of the white house!

[edit on 5-10-2009 by titorite]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join