It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swallowing Glass *Dream*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Swallowing Glass

I keep having this reoccurring dream .
Its always the same
Its very hot outside ,and I�m dying of thirst .
So I go to my kitchen ,and open the cupboard .
There is only one cracked glass in the cupboard ,although the glass is cracked it does not appear to have any shards of glass in it .
I grab the glass ,and make my way to the sink .
The sink is coated with a thin layer of dust ,like it has not been used for years .
As I turn the knob on the right side of the sink , I notice that the knob wont turn to the left ,but turns to the right .
I assume that the valve was installed backwards ,so I turn it to the right .
The faucet gurgles, burps, and finally spews out black liquid .
As I fill my glass with this black syrupy substance the glass immediately condensates ,the glass is so cold I can barely hold it ,the glass is freezing my hand ,so I quickly drink the substance .
The liquid is so sweet ,and so cold .
The texture is slightly grainy, and sharp.
My thirst has finally been quenched ,although my throat is now stinging with sharp pulses of pain.
The pain is so great that I awake from this nightmare.
Can anyone here help me interpret this nightmare?.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:41 AM
link   
How long have you been having this reoccuring dream?

It sounds as though your harboring something deep within your conscience, and feel the need to torment yourself and feel that being punished will now justify the guilt you feed on. I could be wrong, it's only an assumption but it does sound as though your hurting yourself out of guilt for something you need'nt feel guilt over.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
How long have you been having this reoccuring dream?

I�ve been having this particular dream for about two years now.
Thanks for your input .

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
wow thats a long time to have this re-occuring dream.....do you hav this dream every night, or jus every so often?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I'm kind of thinking along the lines of Sapphire's interpretation. To me it sounds like deep seated guilt that your mind hasn't resolved or is maybe on-going in your life.

The turning backwards of the knobs seems like a decision that you knew was wrong but went with anyway. The black liquid, I'm not sure what it represents exactly but even though it chills you, its almost like you have no control or second thoughts about consuming it regardless of the risks it presents. The fact that it quenches your thirst but hurts you at the same time makes me think of some type of abusive relationship, either with a person, drugs, alcohol, etc.

I'm not up on dream interpretation, so I'm probably totally wrong. I have a problem with recurring dreams myself that are really quite non-sensical. Best of luck figuring this out.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Glass

Very important things are made out of glass. Amongst them are windows that allow sunshine into our homes, drinking glasses, seeing glasses, etc. Glass makes our lives more comfortable and we rarely, if ever give it any thought. Consider the details of your dream and try to figure out how this dream about glass is relevant to you. If glass is shattered in your dream, it could symbolize breaking of both negative and positive things. For example, it could represent the breaking of illusions, denial, and deception. On the more negative side, it could also represent the shattering of dreams or hopes that a person has been holding close to his heart. Old dream interpretation books say that looking through a clear glass is a sign of good luck and through a dirty glass symbolizes domestic difficulties.

www.spiritcommunity.com...

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
you are doing something in your personal life that is poisoning your physical body and this is a warning to stop all bad habits.....if you dont the first thing to sicken will be your throat....throat cancer????

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Dreaming that you are drinking water, represents spiritual refreshment. You will find resolution by looking within yourself and your past. Dreaming that you are drinking alcohol indicates that you are seeking either pleasure or escape.

I think that since the liquid in your dream is black, but tastes good, suggests that you might have a bad habit. It is sharp and grainy because its not good for your body. Do you smoke or drink alot?

Seeing glass in your dream, symbolizes passivity. Dreaming that you are drinking from a glass, is an omen of good luck. Seeing broken glass in your dream means a change in your life.

Seeing a sink in your dream. represents your feelings and how you control your emotions. You may need to cleanse yourself of past feelings and start fresh.

Dreaming that you have a sore throat, suggests that you are having problems saying what you really think. You may feel threatened when you express yourself. Alternatively, your dream may be telling you that you need to swallow your pride.

Seeing dust in your dream, suggest that aspects of yourself have been ignored or neglected.

To feel heat in your dream indicates a feeling of shame or embarrassment. Alternatively, it represents purity and creative energy.

Hope I helped a little. lol.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by JustAnIllusion]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
People hold tension in their sleep as I do In my jaw and the muscles in my throat. It often enters my dreams

I dont know about you, but my dreams are quite literal.
If I'd had this particular dream, I would take it as having to endure something that is "hard to swallow".

Seeing how you've been having it for sometime, sounds like it could be a relationship or job.

Ask yourself if any change in your life cooralates with the time you began having these nightmares

kris

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Thanks for your enlightening interpretations everybody.
I drink Crown Royal ,and smoke cigarettes .
Maybe dreams are the way that the body communicates with the mind.
When I have this dream I wake up with a sore throat .

new topics

top topics

join