It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does everyone hate or distrust our government right now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The more I talk to people...I swear I never hear anyone say anything good about how our government has handled this entire financial mess...the entire war in Iraq and all of this other crazy nonsense going on. Look at how crazy the news is. You'd think the world was going to end at any freakin second....it's depressing and it makes you angry.

I'm just wondering...is there anyone out there who holds a favorable opinion of the completely irresponsible policies that happened in the last 30 plus years.....and NOW?

They had better start realizing that people are STILL PISSED ABOUT THE BAILOUTS!!!!

Sometimes I wonder....when they give out all the poll numbers....how there could be even 30 percent thinking that things are getting better...or that they are pleased with the government's performance.

I swear our government is nothing but ENRON.

The world is going to hell.....IS THIS ENTERTAINING TO PEOPLE!?!?!?!?!

CRIPES

[edit on 5-10-2009 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Ask the [*SNIP*], all is fine and dandy for them, their guy is in...And if it would be a republican, most republicans would think everything is great.

Americans have a big problem, PARTISANSHIP.

They don't see for what it is, both parties are trying to compete in the ``most corrupt party in america`` contest.

Politically inspired name calling of an ideological group is not allowed.

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate. Please review this link.

[edit on 10/5/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What I find remarkable is the fact that people are only just now starting to hate and distrust the government. I've felt that way for decades. They've been lying to us for at least as long as I've been paying attention to them. I gave up on believing anything they say a long time ago.

Congratulations to those who finally see the reality, and are not happy about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ha! Ha! Ha! They have been giving rich bankers the GNP. They are sitting up prisons everywhere ,so that when they can no longer steal our money they can steal our labor. Yes, most people are not fond of the government at this time.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
why would you even ask a question like that???
no...everybody is happy with everything our government does, can't you tell by listening to FOX NEWS.
hey how about this question...why can't we all be millionaires?
why can't we all get along?? why is the sky blue?? geez...what a waste of 2 minutes of my time.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest in answering your question, it really depends on my mood. Some days I simply mistrust our government, some days I think they've the collective i.q. of moss, some days I hate our government to the point of despondency. I'll be frank, I voted for Obama and, just like the last three presidential elections I voted in (which were pretty evenly spread over Dems and the GOP), I've regretted it ever since. Tired of feeling like I've gone to the polls to vote for the valedictorian of pre school.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I used to trust our government, up until Bush's second term. That's when I came to the realization that government was just playing fast and loose with our money.

Obama? -snort- More of the same, only he's doing it FASTER!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Lol. This is my point...although when you watch the news you'd think only a tiny fraction was mad. WIth most of the people I know...if you mention the word government and it sends them off into a 20 minute anger filled rant.

The government is entirely corrupted...and not just by bankers, big business or special interests groups....we have politicians taking money FROM OTHER COUNTRIES for the love of god!

Too much money was at the top....and those at the bottom had nothing to maintain their stature...so they went into debt. The DEBT TRICKLED UP after it trickled down.

Yeah the vaunted "economic theory" will destroy us both ways.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
VERY angry..i learned the truth sicne i was 17 in 1992..all the chemicals the FDA allwos us to use, not natural how thigs should be. Big banks get the bailouts, and us citizens get the bend over forced rape in return. Going back to the 1950's, when Eisenhower left offfice, his statement he said on tv, warning everyone of the military industrial complex, was the start of it all. CIA deals in drugs and gets away with it....presidents nowadays lok after the big banksers and criminal organizations like ACORN and basically ggive the public the middle finger in return. WE pretty much already know, the government has NO, 0, zilth interest in defending our constitutional rights, or labor laws, or helping us out. It only works unless THEY can skim and make money off of it. thats how it works, and you all know its true. Corporate america has defiled, infiltrated, and bought shame on itself, the governemnt, and now us...
When i start too see banks being restricted, bailouts going to small mom n posp shops, us, jobs not going offshore...then i might, see things in a differnet way. President slike BUSH, and now obama, are the worst and most terrible, becaseu of their agenda for us all. When they stop lying and have, god forbid, moments of truth that will work for us,a nd for us only, the public, yes then i might see things a differnet way. BUt as long as we get reduced wages, labor and civil rights, whats thier to trust
?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Why not include Clinton? Here is a man who for his whole adult life worked as a government employee. He NEVER held a private sector job in his entire adult life.

Less than 4 years out of office his personal worth was estimated 200 million dollars.

I don't mind a man earning a fortune but I always wondered what exactly
did he do to earn the huge windfall?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The government knows that we the people dont' like what's going on right now...but the kicker is...they don't care!

Obama has been given enought power by "we the people" that he no longer has to care. He can do whatever he wants...and is beginning to edge that way in my opinion.

These incremental invasions of our liberties are not slowing...but people are beginning not to notice them as much.

We are on a slippery slope my friends...a very slippery slope.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

So are they. Our elites are not the first group of people to decide that they can cheat and steal whenever. The people here will stop giving the elites the benefit of the truth and people in other countries will stop giving the elites respect. This is what happened to Michelle and Barack when they tried to secure the Olympic games for Chicago. Soon the elites will want to take the bus back to a time when having power in America meant something besides the ability to hurt Americans.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I don't hate anything or anyone. But I certainly do distrust our government quite a bit. And that wouldn't be the case if they didn't give me reason.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Unfortunately there are a lot of government workers and a lot of private industries that depend on government spending and corruption, almost half the nation's GDP I believe.

Oh I think there are plenty basking in the government's wastefulness.

new topics

top topics

join