It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions of a Racist

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Until we all act as one population and species of one world without physical borders, there will always be racism and nationalism. I wouldn't worry about this issue of racism until people stop and realize we all live on the same rock, but I'm afraid that day will never come.

I'm guilty of being racist to an extent myself, and it has a lot to do with how certain cultures or groups of people conduct themselves. I have nothing against individual people of different races, but when clumped as a group, people for instance, such as black tend to me to be more vulgar and racist against white's, even in their music, especially their music. N this cracka that, some songs glorifying killing, shooting, hatred towards law enforcement. Thing's like that effect the younger population who look up to these people and they set a bad example. All this ghetto BS and nonsense, being in gangs or getting out of one. It's garbage and they need to grow the F up and realize what they say does have an impact on how their young will grow up, act and be viewed by others. I do have a few black friends, so I don't view *all* that way.

I make the same judgments about others, like the Hispanics, the oriental cultures and those from the mid east. When a group of people act in a certain way that I view as detrimental behavior and I look at that behavior as wrong and inferior, does that really make me a racist or just a person who dislikes bad behavior and ideas?

+18 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
How funny. How utterly hilarious. I truly find that life is not without irony or perhaps "signs". To think after years away from ATS that I would happen upon a thread such as this. I'll tell you all of my plight. Whether you care to listen or not is entirely up to you. Prepare for an article. For those of you who get that "TLDR" kind of feeling I completely understand.

The hardest part with this is where to begin. I feel as though I'm ready to burst and toss an enormous burden off of my shoulders into the ocean. Needless to say I am excited and perhaps even a little afraid. Here in a place like this where intellectuals gather and discuss in a civilized manner, my words could be truly appreciated. Sorry for rambling. *Ahem*

I am a black man. I know that. I'm aware of my skin tone, facial features, etc. And while I would love to be a person before being a black man. A black man is what is first seen. I'm not into African-American or Afro-American, because I've never set foot in Africa. None of my currently living family has and hell a lot of my dead relatives haven't either. Not only that truth be told I do not want to live in Africa so it would be foolish of me to claim a place that I would never even call my home. My home is here in the US. I actually relate to the "n-word" because from a young age I've heard this word numerous of times in reference to blacks. From other blacks mostly. Although I have dealt with people of other races using it. The word has never stung me. I have been shocked before. Like this one time a 4 or 5 yo white girl called myself and my little cousin n's when I was 8 yo at a McDonald's Play Place in Fort Walton Beach, FL. But never truly hurt until recently.

The appropriate thing to do here is to describe myself a bit. Firstly I am a young man. 23 yo right now. I come from Mott Haven Public Housing, in The Bronx NYC. A poor neighborhood. One littered with the oh so negative but oh so real stereotypes you may find in an American Black neighborhood. There were gangs, shooting, drug-dealing, drug abuse, and all of the general insanity one will undoubtedly find in such a place. I am not of I guess you would say directly mixed heritage. My mother is black my father is black. I may be 1/8th white or something else but I am not clear on that because a lot of blacks tend to exaggerate mixed heritage to have a higher self esteem. The black community like most non-white cultures (and I'm just being honest.) suffers from self-hate and subtle forms of white worship. Although my great grand-mother on my mother's side and all of her offspring were fair-skinned, "high yellow" as they are referred to. As you can undoubtedly tell I have arisen from the gutter as a respectable and intelligent individual. I am a rarity unfortunately. While growing up in a culture that shuns intellect and all it represents, I often found myself confused and alone. Eventually for the sake of at least having a few friends I dumbed down my persona for acceptance and hid my true capacities. Still I was unhappy.

Many people of other cultures may not realize it. But the black community is profoundly racist. The black community is racist in ways that I'm sure they may not even be aware of (I know I wasn't). From youth I was taught to make fun of whites. I was taught to consider their culture and anything related basically cowardly and weak. I was taught that they had placed themselves higher than us in society purposely and since that we could never hope to attain their status I might as well give up and pursue other endeavors mostly involving instant gratification. I was taught that the white man was a liar and a murderer. The white man was not to be trusted, him and his system were built exclusively against you and to resist it is a black man's duty. My grandfather was an ex-black panther member. I vividly remember his tirades about "those #ing pigs and h-words". "# them and everyone who looks like them".

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
He vehemently hated police officers and white people . He was disgusted with modern black youth though. He took a lot of beatings for them to become what they are today. Although he was obviously a racist he did pass on useful knowledge to me. He advised me to finish school and "stay the f*ck out of the white man's prison system.". My peers often teased and harassed me for "talking white" among other things. You see when a black person in the ghetto speaks with proper diction and an extensive vernacular he is "talking and/or acting white". Which is b/s because of one is truly afrocentric they'd be speaking in their native tongue which most certainly isn't english. So essentially in a strange way every black person who speaks english is "talking white". When I was referred to as "white boy" it was supposed to be an insult to my blackness. It's supposedly my job as a black man to "act black" and if I'm not I'm not being true to myself. I was told to think of the white man as basically an evil bigot boogie man who wanted to make my poor life and all of my family's life miserable. White people hate me and will always hate me and my kind and they are devils. I remember the first time I rode the Long Island Railroad with my mother (who never really seemed racist as she never discussed race issues with me.) I was terrified. You see even though NYC is extremely diverse and liberal. It was still very much segregated without official lines. I grew up in mostly black and puerto rican neighborhoods. No whites or anything else (Except the chinese. They have shops everywhere). So my first time riding the LIRR I was so scared that I was going to be harmed. Because all of the people on there didn't look like me or my mother. They were white. They were the same evil people who I was told to avoid at all costs. The train car was full of them and I asked my mother why she wasn't afraid. She basically shrugged it off and acted like she didn't know what the hell I was rambling about. My mother often ignored me. I didn't even realize that back then my fear was severely racist and warped. I was only a child. I was also taught the "black double standard" at a young age. Another black could call me the n word till they lost their voice. But if a white person ever uttered that word it was sure to have racist implications and I was to immediately defend my honor and the honor of my people. I was also taught one of the worst fairy tale lies you could ever tell a person. I was told that a black person cannot be racist. There is no such thing as a black racist. Only people of other races could be racist. But as a black person because of our oppressions and injustices dating back to slavery days. I had carte blance to hate whites with all the hate in my heart. Now some people cleaned it up a little and said a black person could be prejudiced but because they don't have the power to hinder another person's growth they are not racist. Here is the definition of the word racist as in the dictionary. Racist - 1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others. 2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination. 3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races. I hope I've painted a clear enough picture for you all. In regards to racism within the black community. There's more to be said but this should give a transparent view into the mindset.

Onto my plight. The internet has brought me in contact with many people and cultures I may otherwise have never been in contact with. I do appreciate the internet for all the things I have learned and will learn in the future. No matter how much people try to say it is not "real". It is one of the best tools ever for enhancing the human mind. It is also a wonderful place to delve into the human mind. Tha

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Huey Adinasi]

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
hat is if you have the stomach to traverse the depths of the human mind. Needless to say. I have come into contact with much ignorance. I have come into contact with many forms of racism. Ranging from subtle to blatant. I can appreciate places like 4chan who make light of racism by often poking fun at it. Although they attack blacks far more often than any other group. As do many other cultures. I've been to place like stormfront and nmania(fill in the n), where the racial hate is spewn forth like a river of venom. I had resolved to not take what a racist says to heart. They are entirely ignorant they are stupid they are lowlifes trash etc. I had tried to keep thick skin in the midst of such hatred. I tried. And I failed. Their words did in fact hurt me. They referred to myself and most of my loved ones as inferior subhumans who do not deserve to exist. They say that we are incapable of human concepts like love and emotion. They say that it is not wrong to kill us as we are nothing more than animals and deserve no pity from them or anyone else because we do not even pity ourselves. I'm about to be a father. It pains me to think that someone out there would kill the mother of my child and my child simply for being black (or in her case mixed black which is black to people like them all the same). I began to research.

Why do they hate? What do they hate? My research landed me all over the world (metaphorically). I researched the more obvious forms of racial hate. Like that which is shared between whites and blacks. And the little know but still just as insane forms of racisms. Like the racism between the Japanese and Chinese. Two groups that to those of us who are not asian, look alike. Between the Afro-Arabs and African tribes in Darfur. Even the racism that Irish whites experienced from other whites right here in America. I've read up on some atrocities commited upon innocent people because of their ethnicity. It is disgusting. Yet also in my research I found a little truth. Like the reasons why white americans are becoming increasingly frustrated with black americans. There are valid points. Points that yes a lot of blacks because of their own racism and unwillingness to accept the truth about their negativity, often overlook. Some posts I've read on stormfront. I truly felt sorry for the people from some of their stories. They seemed to have just found themselves surrounded by nothing but negativity from a particular race. Some of them were discriminated when they applied for work. Some of them were robbed or beaten. My heart goes out to those people. But the important thing we as human beings must realize. Is that no we are not all the same. But not just race wise but on an individual level. There are those of us who sway away from their culture's "norms". There are those of us who are variables who are rarities. We are indeed unique and special. We are not all the same. And though we may look a certain way that does not change the fact that we are in control of who we are. I'm working rigorously. There is a lot ahead of me and my personal war against racism. Much ground to cover. But I have found that the greatest battleground will be within my own mind. I will cleanse the inanity that I was taught out of my thought patterns. Yes I will see a black man or a white man because that is what my eyes perceive. But after that my mind's perception will take over. Black or White. You do not have an excuse to hate. White supremacists have no excuse to hate me. I am a good, hard working, intelligent, and responsible human being. I make mistakes but I am a productive member of society. I deserve human rights and dignity and so does my family. I will combat their hate with love. I will love them when they berate my people and my culture. For as I have seen time and time again. After I have combated hatred with love I have most often won. I implore all anti-racists esp of opposing races, to fight their ignorance and hate with your love and intellectualism. Thank you all for listening. I feel wonderful after getting this all off my chest. If you have more to ask me feel free. My personal war has begun and I will not rest. I will fight as much hate as humanly possible with my mind and heart. I want my son or daughter to grow up in a place with little to no hate. It is probably impossible but if I give up and give in, I will be like so many others who did. And who are bitter and hateful because of it. I wish every last one of you a good life today and everyday. Isn't all that we really want?

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Huey Adinasi]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Thank you for your personal and very honest views on the matter of racism. It is great to get an insight into the true opinions and feelings of somebody from a racial minority. It would seem that hate, distrust and racism is not inherently a White trait. Now if the media could just understand this...

Thanks again for your great post. You have made one more ATSer feel sane and have more hope for the future.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

My father died while I was quite young, 8 or 9.

Tragically, he missed seeing the Moon landing by about one year.

So close, and yet so far; I'd like to think that he beat the astronauts there.

What little I can remember of him is that he loved knowledge, and considered intolerance irrational; like smoking while pouring gasoline.

So perhaps I have learned by example. Or perhaps the appeal was to my pride.

Only a fool would engage in a dangerous activity that provides little benefit and carries great risk, right?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Live by these words and enlightenment may be found:

"Judge never, but observe always"

Learning to appreciate and practice observation, rather than judgment, can help greatly in trying to abandon the ego.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen

I find it irrational and crippling. When I see a person of a different color, or hear someone speaking a different language, my mind goes through milliseconds that seem like hours, of internal debate, rationalization and judgement. It pains me because I KNOW better. I KNOW that skin color has absolutely nothing to do with anything. I KNOW that I am not to judge by appearance. I know that people of all different races and cultures have contributed to making this world the marvel, and abomination it is today, but yet the silent, internal judgement continues.

...How is it that I eliminate this specter completely from my subconscious? How is it that I can be free?

Your input is eagerly anticipated. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Dear friend, first it looks to me that you are mixing 2 huge diferent things...IMO you are not a racist, but have instead a mental disorder normaly related to the Phobia realm. In this case it look's you suffer from a severe case of Xenophobia!
There are at the least 2 diferent types of xenophobia, one it is just the result of a normal point of view about a race/colors/etc,but anyone can live with it, quite normal.
The other type is in the realm of the mental disorders. And it can really suffocate you, and be the reason for some hard issues on your life.
In your case i think that the best advice i can give you it's to try to find a good mental health professional such as a psychiatrist or psychologist, especilaized on phobia treatments.
I wish you the best mate!

[edit on 6/10/09 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nichiren
Everybody perceives race & gender. And yes, it is in that order. The politically correct notion of being colorblind is totally absurd and self-destructive, because humans are not built that way.

Your whole post was great, but I particularly like this part. To "not see" a person's color is to discount part of who they are. So, yes, even if we COULD get to the point of being colorblind, it would be a bit of an insult. I like to compare it to being "colorblind" about hair color. Imagine telling a blond woman, "When I look at you, I don't see a blond woman"... Well, why not? That's what she is. Why discount her blond hair as if it's something negative? Why not accept it without judgment, instead?

Originally posted by Huey Adinasi
I was also taught one of the worst fairy tale lies you could ever tell a person. I was told that a black person cannot be racist. There is no such thing as a black racist. Only people of other races could be racist. But as a black person because of our oppressions and injustices dating back to slavery days. I had carte blance to hate whites with all the hate in my heart.

I think this is where accusations of "white guilt" are born. Some white people believe this same lie. I believe white people who buy the idea that only whites can be racist may be feeling some form of guilt. Because they are completely ignoring or "excusing" the racism perpetrated by many black people, as if it's the fault of white people that some black people hate them. Racism is not exclusive to white people. The idea is absurd. We ALL have the potential for racism.

I believe the goal (for me, anyway) is to UNDERSTAND the hatred of my race, without excusing it as something I deserve for being white.

What a great post, though! I read and appreciated every word! Great story. I'm glad you feel better getting it out there and I recognize the truth therein.

Note to RRConservative: The OP does not reflect "white guilt". His confession (and possibly guilt feelings) are of being racist, NOT of being white. There is a difference and it would do you well to try to understand it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Huey Adinasi

Huey, I really enjoyed reading your post. Very enlightening.

I want to share a 'short' story about a boy in my neighborhood. Several years ago, my young children were starting to get involved in sports, baseball mostly. I was their coach as so many of us are when they're growing up.

I remember the day when a father walked up to me and introduced his son to me. He asked if I would put him on my team with my kids. I didn't even hesitate. All the kids on the team knew him. My children knew him from school, and told me other than being real quiet, that he was a good kid.

This father is white. He's divorced and has custody of the kids. He and his wife adopted this 9 year old black boy from an orphanage when he was a baby. Their other son is several years younger and Oriental, also from an orphanage. There is no racism in this family. They live as one, daily.

The boy was eager to learn baseball, intereacted well the others, spoke very intelligently, and you could see that his father did a great job raising him. Especially keeping him free from hatred and racism.

It only took a couple of years for the boy to lose interest in sports. As he grew older and went on to middle school, you could see the changes he was going through. He had new friends, never waved anymore, always looked depressed. You just knew deep inside that his new friends were taking him down the wrong path.

Only in the past 2 or 3 years has it all turned badly. Skipping school, smoking, drugs, stealing. It all came to light after the cops left their house one night and I went down to talk to the dad. I saw what was happening, and out of concern from my own dealings with the boy, wanted to offer any help I could.

Then it went downhill. The boy (teenager now) came outside after he saw one of his friends show up in the front yard. One of his 'new' friends. You know the kind....white, thug, baggy pants sagging around his waist with his boxers showing, smoking a cigarette...basically the rapper Eminem type, no grasp of the English language...mostly Ebonics, totally disrespectful type.

The boy said he was leaving with his friend and the father told him no. That's when the he decided he was a 'man' now and decided that his father couldn't control him anymore. After an exchange of words, including some from his thug friend, his father said something that took me totally by suprise:

"You know what your acting like? You're acting like a N**ger"

Wow...from your own father. I was stunned. The boy got mad and stormed off with his friend. The dad just let him go and told me he'd deal with it later. Somehow, I think thats how he deals with everything nowadays.

This thread reminded me of this incident and now that I look back at it, I have to say that the little 9 year old that I taught how to play baseball, has gone from being a smart, well-spoken, young black man with a future, to a troubled drop out, who is going to have a really rough time in life.

I'm afraid his dad was right. Just because your skin may be black, it doens't make you a "n-word"....you can sure act like one though. That's when society will usually start to judge you.

And from where I sit, there is truly a difference, and it exists in ALL races.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
pigpen- don't worry about your thoughts. you can think all day about eating pie, you won't gain any weight. If you eat pie all day, you may get fat. It is your actions that mean something. Let the thoughts pass through your mind, watch them, if they are good thoughts, say"that's me!" and smile! If they are bad thoughts, say " that's not me!" and SMILE! You are not a racist...Congratulations!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Speak for yourself...I can look at a piece of cheesecake and gain weight.

Sadly that is far closer to the truth than I care to admit.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   

that was so personal - honest, sincere and intelligent

bias for or against other people goes beyond race - it includes everything: gender, gender preference, class, education, politics, appearance, age, health, mental health, intelligence...

seems never ending - doesn't it?

and we all have our own biases - some of us give in to them - some of us struggle with them from minute to minute

if we were all honest with ourselves - we'd all admit to this:

...my mind goes through milliseconds that seem like hours, of internal debate, rationalization and judgement.

but that's the good news in my opinion - that most of us do put ourselves through all that - continually

I don't think any of us can honestly say we aren't prejudiced - but most of us can honestly say we fight against it - internally and externally

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SlinkyDFW

Huey, I really enjoyed reading your post. Very enlightening.

I want to share a 'short' story about a boy in my neighborhood. Several years ago, my young children were starting to get involved in sports, baseball mostly. I was their coach as so many of us are when they're growing up.

I remember the day when a father walked up to me and introduced his son to me. He asked if I would put him on my team with my kids. I didn't even hesitate. All the kids on the team knew him. My children knew him from school, and told me other than being real quiet, that he was a good kid.

This father is white. He's divorced and has custody of the kids. He and his wife adopted this 9 year old black boy from an orphanage when he was a baby. Their other son is several years younger and Oriental, also from an orphanage. There is no racism in this family. They live as one, daily.

The boy was eager to learn baseball, intereacted well the others, spoke very intelligently, and you could see that his father did a great job raising him. Especially keeping him free from hatred and racism.

It only took a couple of years for the boy to lose interest in sports. As he grew older and went on to middle school, you could see the changes he was going through. He had new friends, never waved anymore, always looked depressed. You just knew deep inside that his new friends were taking him down the wrong path.

Only in the past 2 or 3 years has it all turned badly. Skipping school, smoking, drugs, stealing. It all came to light after the cops left their house one night and I went down to talk to the dad. I saw what was happening, and out of concern from my own dealings with the boy, wanted to offer any help I could.

Then it went downhill. The boy (teenager now) came outside after he saw one of his friends show up in the front yard. One of his 'new' friends. You know the kind....white, thug, baggy pants sagging around his waist with his boxers showing, smoking a cigarette...basically the rapper Eminem type, no grasp of the English language...mostly Ebonics, totally disrespectful type.

The boy said he was leaving with his friend and the father told him no. That's when the he decided he was a 'man' now and decided that his father couldn't control him anymore. After an exchange of words, including some from his thug friend, his father said something that took me totally by suprise:

"You know what your acting like? You're acting like a N**ger"

Wow...from your own father. I was stunned. The boy got mad and stormed off with his friend. The dad just let him go and told me he'd deal with it later. Somehow, I think thats how he deals with everything nowadays.

This thread reminded me of this incident and now that I look back at it, I have to say that the little 9 year old that I taught how to play baseball, has gone from being a smart, well-spoken, young black man with a future, to a troubled drop out, who is going to have a really rough time in life.

I'm afraid his dad was right. Just because your skin may be black, it doens't make you a "n-word"....you can sure act like one though. That's when society will usually start to judge you.

And from where I sit, there is truly a difference, and it exists in ALL races.

The poor boy suffered from the confusion I and other young black men have suffered through. I must agree that detrimental cultures and belief systems need to be eliminated. If what you believe calls for unwarranted harm against other human beings, that belief needs to be extinguished.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Thank you for a great response and an open opinion and view from the front lines. I personally feel that until the black communitte gets over racism themselves it will be a long long time before any head way is made. There are issues that still exist that make no sense to white people - one of them is the civel war. Yes it was terribel and should of never happened - but how long is the black communitte going to keep throwing that in our faces? I mean when is it enough, how many times do we have to say we are sorry?

Some of the black communittee figure heads never hesitate to jump on the racism band wagon at the slightist sign of trouble - it is almost laughable sometimes. You know what I mean. Nothing will ever change for any of us until the right attitude is taken by all human beings, mutual respect and kindness toward all. Is this to much to ask?

Thanks again for your candid input - it was very good and honest. You are a good person to do so.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dukesy

Thank you for a great response and an open opinion and view from the front lines. I personally feel that until the black communitte gets over racism themselves it will be a long long time before any head way is made. There are issues that still exist that make no sense to white people - one of them is the civel war. Yes it was terribel and should of never happened - but how long is the black communitte going to keep throwing that in our faces? I mean when is it enough, how many times do we have to say we are sorry?

Some of the black communittee figure heads never hesitate to jump on the racism band wagon at the slightist sign of trouble - it is almost laughable sometimes. You know what I mean. Nothing will ever change for any of us until the right attitude is taken by all human beings, mutual respect and kindness toward all. Is this to much to ask?

Thanks again for your candid input - it was very good and honest. You are a good person to do so.

That's another thread entirely lol. Won't even start on "black figureheads". I really wish people could just leave each other the hell alone. But a lot of times it seems as though people have to have some form of control over someone else' life. Whether forcing their views upon them or even regulate who they deal with romantically. All of those people need to disappear.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

First, I'm just gonna clear the air. I don't believe you're "a racist." Or an "old man." You might've been in Texas, but I don't believe you're a Texan, either.

I don't live in Texas anymore. I thought I made that clear. What you believe is your own....Can you not be involved in a discussion without immediately trying to discredit someone you don't agree with?

I don't believe in Zeus either, but you've called on him, so that pretty much makes our opinions equally valid, I suppose. (ease up on the coffee and relax, this wasn't engineered for the sole purpose of making YOU angry, whoever YOU are.)

If all you’re looking for is absolution, then go and sin no more. If you’re trying to sound genuine, try harder.

I'm not real sure, but I think you might just be an angry person who reads only what they want to out of anything. Nowhere did I ask for absolution, or forgiveness...and do you think I would be asking that from YOU? You are entirely too self-important, my friend. If you have difficulties believing the honesty in my posts, there is nothing I can do for you.

Racism is a belief. It is a belief that everyone different from you is not as good as you. That’s not the same as a belief that you are better than everyone else. You might be. Some of us are. Really. But that’s not “racist.”

'Some' us us are 'better' than everyone else. I'm guessing that's you, and your 'kind' whatever that happens to be. I'm not talking about being better at dancing, or cooking, or running, or doing math. I'm talking about an ingrained, irrational belief that anyone who is not your color, or culture is inferior. You know, sort of the way you've worded your entire post.

My point? I don’t know, really, but reading all this stilted dancing around cultural and religious and ethnic differences is so pointless it is frustrating.

Flip the channel if you don't like it. We can't all be as enlightened as you, my friend. Give us some time. Why not give me the same help you had?

Everyone identifies with a certain culture, or cultures, or blend of several. Having a “cultural identity” is NOT racist or racism. It makes you the individual you are. And the groups you hate, too.

I haven't read anyone claim otherwise. It's when that 'pride' wants YOU dead because of YOUR skin color that it affects YOU, huh?

If your belief system is flawed, what do you do? Confess? Give me a break! Ask forgiveness? Bull….! All this wasted bandwidth and what’ve you accomplished so far except a group-hug? What a pathetic waste of typing skill.

What do you do on ATS if you meet someone who’s just “got it wrong?” You EDUCATE.
If your belief system is flawed and you know it, educate yourself. Otherwise, Get over it.

If the bandwidth was wasted, my friend, what was the point of your 'contribution?' Di you feel it necessary to further squander it? I'm not asking for ANYONE's 'forgiveness' especially yours. I'm not having a confessional at some Catholic church. I'm trying to find out what other people, the one's with the balls to look inside themselves have to contribute to a discussion that means something. It may not mean anything to you and I could care less. Really. It's not about you and your superiority and how you don't have to ask anyone for help.

Why don't you go back to what you were doing before you thought it necessary to com here and tell everyone else how much better you are.

Broaden your horizons and your beliefs, for Zeus’ sake!

I suppose we should do that by just flipping the 'broadened horizons' switch, huh? How can you claim to want people to expand their consciousness and then berate them for attempting it? You have some serious anger and superiority issues.

But don't worry, you can get in on the group hug if you like. I'm sure there's love enough to go around even for you, whether you want it or not.

Can’t you guys even TRY to come up with something useful after 6 pages?

Do you mean useful for YOU? No, I don't think so. In case no one ever told you, my friend, it's not all about you.

There have been several exceptional responses that have pointed out ways to 'expand the horizons' Maybe you could comment on something productive, or let us know how YOU got to be so smart and then we could all be better off. When you run everybody down for just trying to understand, or express, then that makes you seem like a real arrogant jerk.

I know you're not that way and you probably just had a bad day. Do you have any positive suggestions for how one can overcome their programming? Any helpful suggestions?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Things happen for a reason, my friend. Your post, even though I could struggle to make it not applicable, was worth whatever effort or beating anyone could have given me for this thread.

Your honesty was inspirational and seeing the problem from another perspective, but yet the same, was very enlightening.

I won't pretend to even have the words that would allow me to express my gratitude for that.

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Originally posted by KSPigpen

Do you know what this thread is about? It is not about racism. Or Racialism. It is about your real question. But you dont know what your real question is. Thats the problem. Most people dont know their real question. So they look for a distraction. And there are endless distractions in this world.

I was a fringe member of a cult whose leader was perhaps the greatest spiritual teacher of all time. His chauffeur (very educated fellow who had been an assistant principal in a school) was a white guy who I was told by another insider was a racist. This didnt stop him from being the chauffeur to an Enlightened being who literally appeared to be God. And by the way he was married to a black woman.

Racism is not a spiritual problem.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that stands to benefit from a little expansion on this idea, friend.

I've done other threads here dealing with spirituality and I have received many ideas from folks. One is that the soul is independent of the mind. Is this sort of where you were going with this? Do you think that the brain makes up it's own stuff sometimes and we just have to override it? Do you think a person can force his mind to NOT think negative thoughts? Do you think that with practice, the mind will 'give up' on even coming up with the negativity to start with?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

OK. Bottom line: If your belief system is flawed, what do you do? Confess? Give me a break! Ask forgiveness? Bull….! All this wasted bandwidth and what’ve you accomplished so far except a group-hug? What a pathetic waste of typing skill.

feel a little better about yourself now?

speaking of wasted bandwidth...

how could you miss the point - so completely?

group hug everyone!!!!!!

:-)

[edit on 10/6/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join