It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Confessions of a Racist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Does a people not have a right to their own homeland ?

The so called victims of "racism" and "minorities" had their lands colonised and they, with the communists and fellow followers of marx hated it and fought for it to end, and yet, White people in all their countries in the west are just suppose to accept colonisation of our lands ?

Do we not have a right to our own culture ? we are drowned in this ill-thought out enforced culture of Multiculturalism. This culture is nothing but an erosion of the cultures that we had for centuries. When one travels, they do so to see other nations cultures and sites, and yet if one goes to a White country, then they will only see a cosmopolitan culture. Within a few decades the antique buildings and relics which represent our cultures will be gone.

The liberals and communists spurt out slogans of strength through diversity, and immigrants are a boon to our society's and yet, when the facts come out, it shows that these people are spurting out nothing but lies. Britain alone lost afew billion pounds last year due to immigrants sending their money home.

Every person of colour in this world has a homeland for their own people, be it China for the chinese, Japan for the Japanese, India for the indians, Saudi Arabia for the Arabs, Africa for the africans, Mexico for the mexicans; and yet, Western countries AKA White countries are for everyone ? . Please Explain how that in any way is fair.

It is resonable to state that any people would show dislike and distaste to another race which is dispossesing their own people . Look at how the Africans see and treat the Whites in Africa, especially South Africa and Rhodesia (Zimbabwe). Or how the Indians and pakistani's acted when the British where in their country.

What would happen for example if millions upon millions of European's started moving to a country such as India, taking their jobs, saying that they don't want to act like indians but keep their European traditions and practices. India would start to look not like india, but more like a European country. Also, the Indians would be up in arms, rioting, terrorising and doing whatever they could to stop it, reverse it, and bring back their culture as the dominant one. The sad thing is this scenario is happening to every single western country and we are not allowed to do anything otherwise we are crucified as a racist.

The sad thing is that the ignorant majority of people believe the only differences between humans is the colour of our skin and eyes, when evidence clearly shows there is a difference in, intelligence, behaviour and attitudes.

It is so suprising the west is still running when all its politicians have no spines.

I would like to end this response with a question.

Do white people not have the same right that all the people of colour have, to have a homeland for our people, to be able to say no ?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   
My parents were benignly racist and considered themselves quite enlightened. For their day, I suppose they were. They tried to instill the same prejudices in me but I could never take them seriously. It seemed a bit silly to me considering that our own racial heritage is mixed. I come from a long line of fence jumpers. Plus, I'm a nurse and the medical/nursing field is one of the most egalitarian professions on the planet.

Cultural differences are more immediately noticeable to me. I worked with a guy for 3 months before I realized that his skin was white. He spoke fluent "jive". had a "be-bop" walk and sported a pronounced afro hairdo. It took 3 months of seeing him every day before it occurred to me that he wasn't black.

There are culturally stereotypical behaviors that I find distasteful no matter the skin color of the person exhibiting them, but the actual pigmentation of their skin is a matter of zero importance to me.

Some have accused me of being a racist but I've never paid serious attention to their accusations because I could see right through their attempt to "guilt trip" me. In every case the person making the accusation was actually projecting their own racism, not pointing out any verifiable racist tendencies in me.

I admit that some ethnic groups are more physically attractive to me personally than others but I consider that a matter of personal preference, not racism. Is it prejudice to prefer pistachio ice cream over peppermint?

Do I shun people or disregard their opinions or devalue their worth because they are not physically attractive to me personally? Of course not! That's ignorance of the basest sort.

As far as I can tell, all races love their children and are willing to make sacrifices for their betterment. It's apparent that all ethnicities have a desire for adequate food, clean water, climate appropriate clothing, basic shelter from the elements, security from external threats.

We may differ in ideologies but not in our humanity.

OP, are you sure you ARE racist or do you just have personal preferences that you've been told are not politically correct? There IS a difference.

I prefer the company of those able to think outside the box, those able to laugh at themselves while still maintaining their self-esteem, those with a kind heart, strong work ethic, and a personal sense of honor. If those CHARACTER TRAITS come in a package differently shaded than mine then viva la petite difference!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

Can’t you guys even TRY to come up with something useful after 6 pages?

Buddhism and the concept of the 10 worlds.

7. Learning

+ Learning about life and oneself from others and from existing knowledge.

- Can lead to self-centredness and separation from others.

Be well.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
www.colbertnation.com...

It gets really interesting around the 3min mark. Sports, slaves and racism ...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RRokkyy

Please do tell what this thread is really about. I'm all ears.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Racism is part of human nature. You may deny your racist but it will slip through. I have done and said many racist things, well things people would deem racist. I have also said some stuff that has nothing to do with race and was called a racist anyway. Its mostly over Obama topics. Not just on ATS either. Its every where.

Its in humans nature to stick to thier own kind. To only care about thier own kind. Evolutionist say we evolved from animals, well thats a very animal trait. Animals display this everyday. Im not backing up the evolution theory mind you.

Just look at other races, not just whites. Obama talks of social justice. Well what do you think that is? Its him making sure other people in his race make it to the top. Because we all know black guys like Obama see whites, particularly males as the "big mean oppressors". That in itself is racist.

I prefer to stick to my own kind (whites). I dont find that to be the least bit racist. It just means you have a preference. I dont date outside my race either. I mean what could I have in common with other black males my age. We wouldnt be interested in the same stuff, music or anything. They would cringe at the first Ozzy, Black sabbath, AC/DC or Led Zeppelin song.

The problems will start and have started with the people who want to make us all "get along". It just isnt going to happen. Nice idea, but it wont happen. No one race will ever want to share top spot with the other. Thats why it wont work. There is way to much paranoia.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nichiren
reply to post by RRokkyy

Please do tell what this thread is really about. I'm all ears.

IMO it's about a NONE issue. That certain members on this website insist on making an issue.

We have federal law that forbids racism. Racism is a reportable offence to proper government agencies, and is acted upon.

If all these people here at ATS see all this "racism" why do they not report it? Allow me, It's because all this "racism" is dreamed up and has little to do with reality otherwise they would report it.

This simplified explanation is not going to set well with some who will always find "racism" as a cause for just about everything. But so what, as far as I know, I am still allowed my opinion here on ATS ????????????

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
Tell me, how does one so affected move beyond the external? How does a person not judge by appearance?

First of all I want to commend you for being so honest about your issue. You have made the first and most difficult step for any kind of "addiction". To me racism is clearly an addiction because you know rationally that you have a problem, but still you are not able to control it. Let me also say that you should relax a bit. Everybody perceives race & gender. And yes, it is in that order. The politically correct notion of being colorblind is totally absurd and self-destructive, because humans are not built that way.

So if you believe me that everybody notices the race of a person the next question is how do you process that information? That's where our sixth sense, the brain, comes in. It boils down to software. You were obviously badly programmed as a child and that operating system sits at the core level of your brain. You shouldn't be surprised one bit that you seem to be unable to shake racist feelings. You were brainwashed on a daily basis for years. Anybody would react in a similar way. Now to answer your first question: you move beyond the external by cleansing the internal. You need a new operating system so to speak.

How does a person elevate others, or lower his opinion of himself, so that all of mankind is equal?

We are all equal. Unfortunately we have given in to believing in modern cast systems and we judge people according to their wealth, social status, influence, gender, grooming, etc. Many of us feel so bad and powerless/helpless that the only way to beat that feeling is to put somebody "below", so you feel better about yourself. Your premise of lowering oneself or elevating others is an illusion that won't lead to true happiness. We ARE equal at our core.

Where is it that I should be looking?

You have to look inward and feel better about yourself. Racism at its core has nothing to do with xenophobia.

How is it that I eliminate this specter completely from my subconscious? How is it that I can be free?

Daily practice! If you want to know what you should practice please send me a U2U, but my name should give you a strong hint ;-)

Good night my friend,

N

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceman84
Because we all know black guys like Obama see whites, particularly males as the "big mean oppressors". That in itself is racist.

What exactly makes obama a "black guy"? I hope you realise that he's 50/50.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   

I prefer to stick to my own kind (whites). I dont find that to be the least bit racist. It just means you have a preference. I dont date outside my race either. I mean what could I have in common with other black males my age. We wouldnt be interested in the same stuff, music or anything. They would cringe at the first Ozzy, Black sabbath, AC/DC or Led Zeppelin song.

This is actually so ignorant that it's funny. I think Leno is still looking for writers.

Do you know Jimmy Page's musical heroes?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I felt like the United States was moving forward over the past few decades? How is it that a nation would elect a black president and then seem to regress with race relations? Or is it that the media is tightening the PC noose? After years of political correctness conditioning, the simple-minded sheeple will now associate disapproval of the president's agenda with being racist. Simply because Obama is black. Bit of a double standard; as illogical as actual racism.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I can't address the racism specifically - I never had it - it actually strikes me as a bit crazy. There is nothing to me more interesting than a person with a strange accent, different skin color or weird clothing. Especially Arab clothing - they are so demonized as being terrorists, I like to try and make conversation if I get a chance - Ive had a couple of quick chats, but never been able to sit someone down for a lengthy discussion yet unfortunately.

I think that the media and government are very actively trying to create and promote racism - so your task is made more difficult.

Certainly with respect to Obama and his policies it is a common thing for people to resort to name calling - ie. your a racist because you hate Obama (because he is a liar, and a fraud).

Anyone who labels someone else a racist in response, is usually the one who is racist - what they are effectively saying is this;

"Because of your skin color, which differs from the person you disagree with - you are morally impaired."

In other words - they are being racist by inferring your skin color impairs your judgment and morality.

Such comments simply perpetuate racism and stifle intelligent debate.

I was 'programmed' much like you by my parents - I guess like most people are. Mine was regarding religion - I was in a unique position of having time to unwind all the things I had ever believed, and discarding all beliefs - that is a struggle - but it is possible. Dont just stop at racism - get rid of all your beliefs - when you do, then you approach everything with a sense of wonder of the unknown.

If I know one thing, and if there is any truth it is this - that I know nothing - which is a great deal more than most people know.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
I myself see it this way.
I don't dislike anyone for their skin colour,I dislike them for sticking to their own race.
Like a chinese guy who only has chinese friends or a white guy who only has white friends.
Racism is rampant in every race is how I see it so I only dislike those that want to keep that going and stick to their own kind.
Skin colour is no way to judge and no way to base beliefs.

Touchy subject,I commend you for it.

Taboos define your weaknesses.

Sticking to their own race , hey? Am I racist for wanting to be friendly with people who have the same skin colour and culture as me? Am I racist for wanting to be in the company of people I can relate to and who share similar ideals with me? Am I racist because I do not have one non-White friend? Am I homophobic because I do not have one gay friend? (I have friends that are both by the way, just curious if you consider that to be racist.)

I think you are taking this reverse racism a bit too far. The fact and reality of life is that most people prefer, given the choice, to be around others who are the same skin colour, religion, sexual orientation, culture etc. Maybe it is how we are programmed to be. But that's how it is.

Unfortunately, white people are always made to feel like the bad guys. If there is plight, blame white people. If white people prosper, it is because they have exploited/used other people to get rich. Reminds me of African-Americans whining when Elvis started making money off Blues music. (LOL - as if any skin colour owns a type of music.) If white people create a healthy society, they should be overrun by non-whites to make up for this injustice.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

Im a white brit , but all the way through my life, I have enjoyed a peacable existance with all sorts of folks. I have never feared, or misunderstood someone from foriegn lands, simply because I was used (as a kid) to being set apart, simply because I spoke clearly and pronounced my T's . In the county I live in, if you say the letter T properly , that means you are posh apparantly , and it makes ignorant people want to hit you . Well anyhow, Im well used to having more to do with folks from ethnicaly diverse backgrounds, than I ever am persons of my own "race", mostly because for the early part of my life, I found the company of other white british kids to be lacking in any kind of joy, happiness, or security . Only in the last five or six years have I met other white britons who shared my attitudes on music, honour, and freedom .
The thing to remember is that we are ALL members of the same race. There is no real difference between a white guy and a black guy . We all have the same needs , the same basic instinct for survival , and we all poop pee and sweat.
Im 24 now, and although Im now used to interacting with my fellow white persons, I will never forget , that when I was a kid, I was treated as if I was from a far away place.Misunderstood, and treated like crud. I as a result, would never do that to anyone. It goes to show, its about mind, not matter.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Racism is part of human nature. You may deny your racist but it will slip through. I have done and said many racist things, well things people would deem racist. I have also said some stuff that has nothing to do with race and was called a racist anyway. Its mostly over Obama topics. Not just on ATS either. Its every where.

Its in humans nature to stick to thier own kind. To only care about thier own kind. Evolutionist say we evolved from animals, well thats a very animal trait. Animals display this everyday. Im not backing up the evolution theory mind you.

Just look at other races, not just whites. Obama talks of social justice. Well what do you think that is? Its him making sure other people in his race make it to the top. Because we all know black guys like Obama see whites, particularly males as the "big mean oppressors". That in itself is racist.

The problems will start and have started with the people who want to make us all "get along". It just isnt going to happen. Nice idea, but it wont happen. No one race will ever want to share top spot with the other. Thats why it wont work. There is way to much paranoia.

You are so totally off the mark with this its hard to know where to start to respond.

In terms of reproduction in animals, there is certainly a school of thought that we seek the exotic if its thriving - and animals do the same. They seek mates who are different from themselves in order to propagate new stronger genetic variations.

Because we all know black guys like Obama see whites, particularly males as the "big mean oppressors". That in itself is racist.

I had to laugh at this - first you generalize, claiming 'we all know what black guys think' because they all think alike haha. Then you say HE is racist - laughable. I think Obama is a liar and a fraud - but I sure don't care what he looks like.

You go on to claim that you don't hang out with black males your age because they like different things.

This is one of the fundamental problems with peoples understanding of what racism is - it is the basis on which the grand lie of racism is constructed.

What you are talking about is cultural differences - that is values and behaviours - things people like and don't like for instance.

That is nothing to do with skin color - if you observe Obama - he is culturally indistiguishable from many of the other elected officials. In other words - he is 'white'.

Groups that have different values and behaviors are always going to have conflicts and disputes - that is nothing to do with skin color - and people who claim it is racist have fallen for the big lie.

If I hate people who bounce around with their pants around their knee's and say 'mutha #a', and 'bust a cap in yo ass' every second word does not make me a racist - that kind of behavior just pisses me off. I wouldnt care if they were green - they can just fck off.

Cultural differences are an issue - but labeling them racism is a fraud and a lie - it is a smokescreen preventing people from actually resolving some of the differences between groups.

As far as 'top spot' is concerned - what the hell are you thinking about? Because if it the moral or ethical 'top spot' I don't think you have any claim to it. Top spot belongs to those who are able to integrate socially across diverse cultural strata. While everyone keeps labeling themselves - they are just falling for the big lie from the PTB.

The PTB want to divide people - and create conflict between groups - while you participate, then you are just being used because of your own stupidity. The controllers fear a united America - they fear a united world - they try to create mistrust, and misunderstanding wherever they can - if you fall for it - then you are just another stupid sheeple.

Regardless of skin color people are basically the same - but they are products of their cultural environment - if they insist that they are mistreated based on skin color, yet act like fk knuckles - then there is not going to be any resolution.

When people set aside the lie of racism - and start looking at values and behaviors - then there will be some useful debate, and perhaps some integration and resolution.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   

It is like an addiction...though that is a poor analogy. But I mean it by this...I quit smoking 11 years ago and now have COPD....still every now and then I find myself seriously tempted by a cigarette even though it would be extremely bad for me.

You can see someone acting like a stereotype lets say and you think what a _____even though you don't know anything about that person except what you have just seen.

You may not say anything but the thought is there and even that we must be vigilant about because it not only colors our thinking but our behavior as well if we let it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   

I am 63 years old and spent 28 years in the liquor business. I am now retired and have all the time I have ever wanted to sort out things - racism is one of those things. It has haunted me for years.

Like yourself I have seen a lot of racism and lived it. I came from northern Minnesota and I can honestly say I did not have a racist bone in my body. As I moved because of my job I saw first hand what large cities were like and how racism played its role. It became harder and harder not to be a racist if that is what everyone wants to call it.

I learned that people of other colors and race didn't exactly like whites also and as a matter of fact had a much more deeper hate of whites than we had of them. I am not just talking about blacks here. I saw fist hand by working in the market places of ethnic areas how much some people can hurt thier own kind. And how it has become thier culture to screw or be screwed. It is unbelievable what goes on in those ethnic areas.

I lost my job with a very large distillery in 1996 after 25 years at the age of 50 years old. I begged my boss - please let me do something, I'll sweep the floors if I have to - please let me get to age 55 for my benefits. No - I can't help you he said. He began to tell me that if I was black, female, American Indian, East Indian, Chinese and on and on that he could not fire me. He told me I was a middle age white guy and had to be replaced by some other ethnic person right away. He was very blunt.

So that hate grew even bigger than I could imagine. My children also were very angry for what happen to our family. Racist you are thinking? You couldn't be more correct. Our government let all this happen in the name of fairness.

After another 5 years of struggling we move to Florida and build a home in Cape Coral, Fl. I get a real estate license and work part time selling new homes. I begin to see the system fall apart as I watch mostly hispanic people obtain homes they know and we know they cannot afford. I had friends in the mortgage business and they are telling me then that at least 75 percent of their business is hispanic but the hispanic customers want an hispanic mortgage broker. They do find them and I guess what - the hispanic mortgage broker gets money under the table because he tells his own hispanic customer that he cannot get them a loan until they give him some cash - I see the same thing happen as I did yeas previous all over again.

Our crime rate here is out of control now. The number of drug and grow houses - I have lost count of - the hispanic murders and slayings I have lost count. The damage the hispanics have brought onto our communitte I have lost count. I have seen, lived and watch the hispanics single handly rip this place apart. The bottom line is as I have learned - the majority of them do not want to play by the communitte rules and they have learned to use our system against us.

And yet I have found those hispanics who are turly great human beings and a loving people as well as other ethnic people, There is much good and kindness that is available from a lot of hispanics. I have been told by hispanic friends that I do not understand thier culture - and they are surely right - I do not and I am sure I will ever understand.

Our system (government) and way of life has allowed all this to happen in the name of racism. Who's racism I am not sure of becuase the whites are, or will be soon, the minority. Who will the other ethnics groups blame for their plite in the near future - muslims? who knows.

In my opinion to much was allowed to happen by our government in the name of racism. It is not ALL the governments fault - but it sure did infest the hate through thier worthless entitlement programs. There is so much that needs to done it is over whelming. Racism - sure it lives on. God help us survive it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

First off Lemon.Fresh you never answered me when I asked why would anyone want to refer to another with a racial slur...you replied repeatedly that:

Because they are just words, and one must make the choice to not be offended by mere words.

It is not an answer...it is equivocating.

Second:

My friends can call each other racial slurs all day, and it does not phase us. It gets quite hilarious when we are drunk.

I wonder how many of those black or Hispanic "friends" are quietly thinking who is this fool think he's kidding?

On a superficial level you are correct though...Lenny Bruce did a routine in which he shouted n----- repeatedly and then in the pregnant silence afterward commented that wasn't it odd how you repeat a word often enough it becomes nothing but a sound.

Still words do hurt...especially when it was directed toward the young.

When I was in my early teens growing up in the south if you weren't a jock you were immediately the school q---- and I was not only not a jock but I was involved with the arts, creative writing and the drama society etc. Consequently I was stalked and beaten by said jocks for several years all while being called q---- and f-----. To make matters worse I couldn't talk to anyone about it.

It colored my entire life...I had to question my own sexuality and all of that...it made me introspective and secretive but it also made me what I am today...a very open minded and tolerant person. I can remember licking my wounds swearing that I would never be like those kids...and I am not.

When I was married I over heard one of my step sons referring to a friend of ours to his friends as that f----- this and that f----- that etc. I backed him into a corner in front of his friends and told him point blank that if I ever heard of him going out f-- bashing anybody I would come back there and beat the crap out of him because he was a GD n----- (the only time I ever used that word around them) got it?. His jaw dropped and I added that picking on someone because they were gay was no different than the kids at school picking on him because he was black and Chinese...both were wrong. Got it? He nodded yes and I never heard him use a derogatory term about another after that.

You think that people have to decide whether words hurt or not. That is such a shallow attitude.

You say if "they" call each other that then why can't you. That is such a self absorbed attitude. Again...why would you even want to?

In reality only some of them do. I know a lot of black people and I do not know one who would call another a n-----.

But what you seem unable to grasp is that it is not about you or what you think. Racism is bigger than you.

Words can cut and words can wound deeply and yes people have to decide whether to allow them to hurt or not...

but it is not up to you to make that decision for them.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by grover]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
This is natural i think. We are equipped with this behavior from birth from mother nature or ( Our Creators) to preserve the individuality and your own race.
Have you ever heard of for ex, a White Shark propagate /breed with a Hammer Shark? Or another ex, a Chimp propagate / breed with a Gorilla? or a Deer propagate / breed with a Moose? NO and you will not see it either.
Nature or ( Our Creators) has seen to it that we breed with the same race, just to preserve it and all it`s characteristic.

But to live by this is considered to be against the general public idea of humanism and care. Why? you can blame it on populism.

Strengthen your soul and try to follow what you believe is the best.
You`ll be fine!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
To the OP.

You are dealing with a crumbling core belief system that was instilled within you as you yourself recognize through the conditioning that was applied within the social construct in which you grew.

As you lived your life, you saw many various iterations of humanity and naturally started to question the faulty construct that had been bestowed upon you by your parents and others who raised you.

Your biggest struggle isn't that you realize that what you struggle with is incorrect, but that you realize that the entire family you lived with and love is wrong, taught you wrong and perpetuated a way of thinking and being that only propagates hatred between men and women.

It is hard to deal with when you find out your loved ones are filled with unfounded and irrational hate. Harder than having to get that stuff out of yourself.

Luckily, there is always time to start filling your heart and mind with love and peaceful intentions towards all living things.

Out aside your fear and doubt, and move forward with your new realization and be comfortable in being a real human being and not just a partial or broken human being betrayed by a faulty nurturing period.

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join