It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone else see these?? (England)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Last night at approx 21:23 i got a phone call from a trusted friend who told me he was watching THREE ufo's flying in a V formation.

He roughly pin points them as being above Burtonwood (northwest of England, near Merseyside / Lancashire) (formerly an air base) and he told me had been watching them for about a quarter of an hour.

He described them as orange dots, flying in circles and staying more or less in a V formation. He said at one point they vanished but reappeared a few moments later.

He said he noticed them because he'd gone outside for a cigarette and was staring at the moon and noticed the orange lights in that general direction.

I asked him did he get any pictures and he told me he couldn't pick them up on his phone camera as the moon was too bright and he couldn't see them through the camera, but could focus on them with his naked eye.

Unfortunately for me i have moved away from my home town, so i was unable to see them for myself. But on a particular social networking site i placed a comment and asked people to take a look for themselves.

I was quite suprised by the reaction, at least five people had replied telling me they had seen the same thing over the past three years. A trio of orange orbs flying in formation. Lots of sightings above Wigan, Preston, liverpool, Sthelens, Sutton and Burtonwood, aswell as a few mentions in the local press.

Now: I have already placed a similar thread on this board a few years ago detailing the very same thing.that ANOTHER friend had witnessed in the evening time when it was still light. He described them as 'three orange balls flying erratically in and out of formation' .

I don't know what to think. Is the military testing out some kind of modern craft? If so- why would they be orange?

They were not chinese lanterns, as chinese lanterns follow air currents and usually fly in lines, and don't necessarily fly in and out of formation as these things have been doing.

Any comments, thoughts or suggestions please ?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
We've got UFO's and classified aircraft all over the place.
It's no big deal really.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by SpookHunter]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

No I didn't see them last night even though the full moon was mint, I gave up at about 9pm after a couple of beers and went to sleep. To be honest the account seems typical of a ufo orb encounter of the amber/orange variety, especially where your friend described the fade out. The fade out thing is most bizarre, as they often fade out to almost just invisible but if you really look they are just still there, the they sort of turn on their energy again and fade back in. The nearest thing to a description would be like a miners torch which burns and can be varied by increasing the amount of gas released/burnt - the old folk in times gone by in Derbyshire used to call them Jack o' the lantern which os quite a fitting name!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
planes when they are high or at a funny angle can look pretty strange to the untrained eye. sometimes you dont see the flashing lights, wich would look like this,

i have seen a pretty strange shape plane at night, wich did have flashing lights. and had about 6 orange lights on the front, wich were like this, i am unsure as to what it was, but it did have the pilot lights..

() ()()
()()
()

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
There are powerful searchlights used as part of Blackpool Illuminations which I've seen reflected off the cloud cover from as far away as the Pennines. 3 of them, swirling around, so in & out of formation. Honestly tho, I cant imagine anyone thinking those lights were orb-like in any way. Well, unless there was some wierd atmospheric effect also, or they squinted or something.
www.blackpool-illuminations.net...
Edit to add link & say that they're not switched on yet! Still, could have been a test...

[edit on 5/10/09 by Bunken Drum]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Have been reading a few articles online. It seems Lancashire is a hot spot for UFO's.

Just google lancashire ufo's and you'll literally find dozens of sightings.

Some theories claim they could be drones on test flights, i think i remember especially hearing this with the UFO sightings in Liverpool a few months back. It seems every other week people spot ufo's in the lancashire skies, the local papers are full of sightings.

The orange one's (orbs and disks) seem to be the more recent types, although years ago black and silver triangles have been spotted.

Others suggest the triangle metallic sightings could very well be newly-developed 'stealth' planes.

My own grandfather saw a silver triangle hovering above his neighbourhood many years ago (i think it was in the 70's).

Here's some links:

www.thewhyfiles.net...

www.ufoinfo.com...

www.theblackvault.com...

www.sthelensreporter.co.uk...

www.ufodigest.com...

www.ufoinfo.com...

www.ufoevidence.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
CHECK THE SKIES IN THE NORTH WEST NOW!!

A trusted friend has just spoke to me online and told me there are 'three red lights' over the Lancashire / Merseyside area.

Flying in formation.

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Ay up Mr Lizard. This talk of aircraft lights and Blackpool tower illuminations makes me smile, sure they could account for some of the sightings but they can not account for all of them. Looking for the three ufo orbs in flight formation right now north west style btw

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Cheers man

Did anyone else see anything?

From what i've learned they were spotted above Sutton Junction (Sthelens Junction railway station). 3 Red lights flying in a v formation

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Listen to ufoorbhunter when he tells you the ufo orbs are real mate!! I I promise they are real as well. I have had now two sightings in the past year in Birmingham . Keep a look out for the amber/orange types as well as the bluish ones. They are just masses of pure light/energy/ but they are intelligently controlled and appear near ancient stone monuments like Stonehenge and Arbor Low. Something spiritual for sure!

[edit on 17-10-2009 by hermantinkly]

posted on Oct, 17 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hermantinkly
Listen to ufoorbhunter when he tells you the ufo orbs are real mate!! I I promise they are real as well. I have had now two sightings in the past year in Birmingham . Keep a look out for the amber/orange types as well as the bluish ones.

I just saw one last night with my girlfriend. It's the first one she's ever seen, but finally she legitimately knows that something unexplained is going on all around us.

It was alternating between glowing orange and turning off the glow completely, just flashing that one orange color on and off.

It hauled ass at speeds that my girlfriend couldn't stop remarking about. "Holy sh*t, look at how fast it's going!" she kept saying.

It changed angles slightly as it changed direction. It wasn't a satellite, the International Space Station, a weather balloon or swamp gas.

It was something unreal, yet all too real, something from beyond anything we know, a clear display of the power and brilliance of the multiverse, a spectacle that makes you feel humble to the very core of your being.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
They travelled all around the globe I believe, and I got them on film at 14.09.09 in Norway (which i have not made public due to there being something else strange with the incident, and i don't want to hijack your thread ** i will post my video footage and the strange incident soon **).

These craft I believe are the same craft that later show up in Arizona, as aired on CNN in this account and movie clip also in the same period: www.ufocasebook.com...

Do they look like the craft your friend saw?, they are exactly like the footage i have atleast (although we only saw 3).

Remember, not long ago, Iran shot down a strange glowing orb a week later that was flying in formation with 2 other unidentified glowing craft, and nobody heard more of that story: www.presstv.ir...

I believe these are the same craft. According to Iran, they showed up on radar, so I'm guessing the west knew about them and did not intervene with them.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hi, first time poster, i have just seen one of these single orange orbs, 8.40pm. It was travelling from the direction of warrington towards liverpool in a straight line. I estimate it was going a fair bit quicker than a plane, and it was definitely not a plane as a plane crossed its path from left to right but a lot lower.

I also spotted another single orange orb about a fortnight ago, it looked like it was above the newton le willows area, it was stationary for a moment then went straight up then moved to the right for probably half a mile and then went lower and then moved off to the right again, which is where i lost sight of it as it went into the clouds

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Hello and welcome aboard nightskywatcher.

Thanks for your input, always greatly appreciated.

I personally know about ten or twelve people who have seen the same things. Definately something in the area (or over it )

new topics

top topics

join