It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feels like Stephen King???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
What I am about to briefly talk about is normally seen in movies. The character is walking along, a stranger is walking past, the suddenly the stranger locks eyes with the character and says something that either the character doesn't understand or isn't quite sure what he heard, attempts to talk to the stranger but the stranger appears to ignore them and/or continues walking/going on with their business like nothing ever happened.

This sort of thing usually happens in horror movies but I haven't experienced anything that appeared malevolent. For example:

Today I was walking home from work and some random female jogger comes up, locks eyes with me, then says something I completely don't understand! When I tried responding several times, she just continued on jogging as if nothing ever happened!

Another time was in the early morning in front of a Safeway. I had stayed the night in my car out in the parking lot for I was traveling cross country, I got out to go into the store to buy some things and as I approached an attractive young girl, who worked at the store, came out and as I passed her buy she said something. Now as I approached her, it was as if she was looking past my left shoulder and not even close to making contact, when she spoke I understood what she said but I didn't believe she was speaking to me (though apparently it might have been a direct compliment to myself), after passing her I turned to look who she was talking to but there was no one there! So after realizing this I was surprised in believing that she was actually talking to me, but she did not even turn around to look at me. It was eerily quite and even when I tried to greet her, it was as if I was not there. It was as if time stood still for our entire interaction. No sound or action from anywhere else in the city it seemed. Creeped out by this I continued into the store and gathered what few things I needed quickly and before I headed to the check out counter I had the strange feeling I was being watched, and indeed I was. She was standing at the front of the store watching me the entire time. Normally I would find this awesome since I don't get the attention of many gorgeous ladies but this was a little creepy. I pulled up to the only cashier and my things were bagged by the girl who was now acting like she had never even seen me before. So I left and that was that.

I have had several other instances but most of them brief like the one with the jogger. Am I just crazy and imagining that people are saying/doing these things or is it just that I have come across several random individuals who are hard of hearing or sense of courtesy?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Bluetooths are killing us. Until recently I worked in retail for almost 20 years, and over the last few years this happened to me many times. I've also had it happen while jogging. Most of the time you will notice that they are talking on their phone through the earpiece thingy...(forgive my non-tech savy talk)....I HATE those things, I mean, are we REALLY that important to need to be hooked up to the phone 24-7 ???

Anyway what I have done to combat this is to make sure to initiate the eye contact and always try to be the first to say "Hi", "How are you", etc., in a loud, confident voice.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
No no no. I guess I did not put enough emphasis on the fact that these people weren't using bluetooth or any audio devices of any kind. Direct eye-contact it wouldn't have been hard to miss or notice even afterward.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Im not sure I follow whats happening to you exactly...are these persons speaking in a different language? if not, what exactly are they saying?

The Stephen King example goes more like this (from The Stand):

One of the main characters (a musician) is walking near Times Square when a sign-wielding apocalypse-monger (who he's never seen before) comes right up to him, ranting all the way, then stops, looks at the character and says, "The man with no face is coming for you, Larry!" and then walks away, picking up his rant in mid-sentence like nothing happened.

Is this more like what you're describing...the people act as if they were momentarily possessed and look to have no memory of the interraction with you? WHAT DID THEY SAY? I bet the message is more important than how they acted before/ after...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by GenLo

Okay, I understand now. That's really weird. Maybe they are talking to themselves? Any chance you anticipate them saying something and then think you are hearing something? (if that makes any sense)

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Cole DeSteele

Yes, but its not malevolent, or at least I don't think it has ever been, just a little bit creepy as described.

The jogger I ran into this morning was strange though because I didn't understand a word she was saying though it sounded perfectly normal, you know kind of like when someone says something but you aren't listening or your are really 'there'. I apologized to her and asked her out loud what she said, as she jogged on by, but didn't get any sort of reaction.

The girl in front of Safeway, I can't quite remember what she said. A really nice compliment on, apparently my looks. She didn't even look my way when she said it and she wouldn't acknowledge me when I responded. I was the only other person in the parking lot, and the only car.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Ya usually its one of those awkward moments, where when you lock eyes with someone you anticipate them saying something and then you would look away, but it was always after I would look away that they would say something. Which raises my main concern, am I just projecting a very real false reality (if that makes sense), or are people just being rude???

Another time, was when I was in San Antonio Texas 1997 and a guy was sitting on a bench talking to his friend and then he suddenly broke conversation, stared at me, said something I couldn't understand, and then went back to conversing with his friend. Being I kid it made me really confused about what just happened.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Hello,

Has there ever been anyone else with you when this happened? If so, were they able to "see" the person who spoke to you?

This, to me anyway, has all of the earmarkings of you conversing with dead people - although it seems to be a one way conversation.

Dorian Soran

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dorian Soran

No, pretty sure I lack the 6th sense. I was standing next to my mother during the one in Texas and others have occurred while with friends or other family members, usually they don't catch it and I don't mention it because its one of those things that is mostly insignificant at the time and out of place.

They're much to real to be ghosts, for one, the man I saw in Texas was talking to another man, the girl that I saw at the Safeway in Utah was interacting with my groceries if I remember correctly. The recent jogger incident I could only imagine as unusual because she was jogging alone during PT and she was in her civi's, but this isn't uncommon and she didn't look ghostly at all to me.

I have had ghost encounters before and never seen an apparition. If these are ghosts they would have to be the most powerful manifestos I have ever heard of.

top topics

join