It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany: New Al-Qaeda message threatens October attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

because the Germans are in Afghanistan

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I hope this doesn't come out too wrong or gets removed but isn't attacking Germany a bad idea? Pretty sure they tried to wipe out an entire religion and take over the world during a previous war, anyone remember that? Terrorist attacks need to stop worldwide before it gets really ugly, whether they are inside jobs or not is irrelevant.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

the big *if* is *if* they attack Germany, and I do think it would be a very bad idea, since they and France are pretty much the center of the EU, and a substantial attack (as previously threatened) would bring in the other EU member nations in a way that attacking Spain or the UK didn't.

Given the previous threats, and warnings that Muslims should avoid all public spaces for the 2 weeks following the elections this new message will only ramp up the tensions.. but it is still not being picked up by main media outlets! that's puzzling.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Of course, the reason is Afghanistan.

As a German, living in Luxembourg, watching German TV everyday, I can
assure you that Germany takes the threat seriously, because the idea
behind the threat is the same as it was with Spain and the UK : to instill fear
in the hearts of the infidels (Quran) and thereby build up pressure on Germany
to remove its NATO troops back home from Afghanistan. Germany is walking
a borderline between listening to its citizens in favor of removal by majority
and the obligation by art. 5 of the NATO Treaty that provides assistance to
any of the (now 29 ?) NATO members attacked from outside.
This attack was declared after 9/11. That is why you would find exclusively
NATO troops over there. Unlike the US, where the president, also head of the
NATO, can respond within short notice, Germany could participate only after
a 2/3 majority vote in its parliament for any kind of defence, which I think
is too slow a decision-taking process. We would be run over by an enemy
before such a vote. Spain, whose elections were influenced through the train
bombings, reacted by pulling its troops back. So AQ is hoping for the same
retreat of its 4,000 German troops, especially as Obama, himself called upon for another 40,000 troops, demands more troops from its NATO allies.
There are voices in the US that foresee a defeat in Afghanistan that make
it harder for the allies to send more troops there.

With or without threats, they would be bombing anyway. Even if no bombs
went off, the defence-measures bleed the tax-payers and spoil the fun of
American tourists on the Oktoberfest, which has been named in the threat
and which is now heavily cordoned off.

The Quran requires before an attack the prior offer of conversion to Islam
to all Christians and Jews or of a consent to a levy of taxes. This they
omitted before 9/11, knowing neither of the two offers would be accepted.
When, under dominance of Islam, in the ME or Europe, the refusal meant
"head off". For the pagans (the people without the Book) the choice was
only conversion or head off.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
bump

It´s october 11, 1:00 am here in Berlin right now.
We´ll see...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Al-Queda message = NWO message. But yes, we've just entered into the next false flag window of opportunity. October 11-26. If something is going to happen, we, truth seekers were right. If not, we presumably also were right, but we kicked the NWO out from the balance as we see their desperation nowadays.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
CBSnews:

Jihadi Web forums have been abuzz with anticipation over the likelihood of an al Qaeda attack against Germany, with jihadi supporters speculating eagerly over potential targets, dates, timings, and even casualty numbers.

A blogger going by the name "Yaman Mokhaddab" posted what he claimed was "Western intelligence" giving 13 hints about the upcoming attacks, warning that they would be much worse than 9/11.

On the popular al-Fallojah forums, "Mohami al-Dawla" speculated Thursday about how many would be killed and the economic damage that would be inflicted. He speculated confidently that we are likely to witness the first WMD attack in the history of modern Jihad.

This mania has hit the blogs in the wake of a far more worrying threat made against Germany almost about weeks ago by a German al Qaeda operative from Bonn named Abu Talha al-Almani (intelligence officials believe his real name is Bekkay Harrach).

www.cbsnews.com...

Also:
www.thedailystar.net...

German intelligence services have reportedly discovered a new Islamic terrorist cell operating from the port of Hamburg

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
What is the point of these people even sending warnings? What purpose does it serve? Especially if they continue to warn without following through. Over time people take them less serious, eventually people won't even bother talking about it at all.

If they are going to do something, they should just do it and then claim responsibility afterward.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by euleberlin

That's all rather worrying... thanks for the links, I just hope this is all just media spin on the Jihad side as this is not really getting much time in Western press.

As I see it, AQ are putting themselves in a corner on this one, making threats, then adding dates really corners them to act.. if they don't follow through then who will be left to take them seriously, perhaps that is what some what, But I've no idea and am just guessing, however I hope nothing happens.

Keep safe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join