It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars in (Gnostic)Symbolic Image - Any ideas? or advice?..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Greetings to all ATS members

This message is mostly intended to address to members of Mystery Schools or people familiar with esoteric teachings.
First of all, I would like to thank everybody here for his contribution to a world forum, where very interesting information are becoming available to people that seek knowledge. This is actually my first thread on this forum, and the reason why i joined this community. It is a sort of a riddle, but I will try to get straight to the topic about why i started it.

There's an image, that's supposed to represent a symbol familiar to the ones that can understand it. Obviously, me and my friends cannot understand it's meaning, that's why i'm asking for your advice. :] To cut a long story sort, a person that i know (who is an esoterism enthusiast like me) one day told me if i could recognize a drawing he had. It must have been like he had tens of pages taken from books when we met to discuss that day, and one of them was the following:

What you see on the above image is not a perfect copy from the original one, but a digital version i made, very close to the authentic. And since i got it from a single page, i'm not sure that this is the right angle to view it (perhaps it needs rotation(s)). Neither him, nor me or any other person that I know have managed to figure out what this is about.

Our closest belief, is that it represents a constellation (as some of the other pages also represented constellations) or maybe more than one. You could say it resembles The Orion but then what are the other 3 "dots" about? Someone also claimed that Sirius is somewhere in there (with some imagination though..).

the cases could be,
8 bright "stars" - points to orion, but the stars are not in the right location
5 bright stars (Orion) and 3 other bright stars
three constellations represented by the brightest stars

I would like to thank you in advance. Your opinions are much appreciated.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jeit78

what book did this come from? I have no idea what it represents, but perhaps the author of the book directs some other information to this picture. First guess is a constellation, but just a guess.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
To me it looks like a representation of the Pleaides, from which MANY traditions, myths and stories originate.

i will see if I can find a pic.

pic -

Turn it sideways and it looks like the left half of your image.

[edit on 10/5/09 by emsed1]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

do we know the orientation of the constellation? I was thinking 2 dimantional, and this might be 3 deep. I just don't know how to look it up that way.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Ok, I have updates

I asked the person who showed me this drawing to give me some more information, and so he told me: he doesnt know where this drawing came from (?) because some other guy gave him all those documents together, but he told me everything he knew more about it.
I have prepared some more images based on the new data we had from what i heard, and based on the opinions of some of my friends too.

Interestingly enough, that same graph also appeared on another page (which didnt gave me from the beginning) among other esoteric symbols. The new thing is that there's also a crescent moon right in the middle of the image.

I have separated the stars to two possible groups. The first one is supposed to have Sirius on the Upper left corner and a number of other constellations. And the second is divided to two groups. If we include the crescent moon on the first group of the second one, then we come up with the symbol of crescent and three stars, that also seems to appear elsewhere.

Alpha Gamma Rho
Crescent Moon symbols
Delta Delta Delta

Anyone that can shed some more light?
Thanks

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Please correct me if I am wrong ...

Well the "crescent moon" as depicted in the above pic is actually Venus . Which is also known as " the morning star "

The " T " is the Tau cross en.wikipedia.org... . There is actually a lot more to the Tau cross then listed in the link that I posted , if interested I can post a bit more info on the Tau cross .

The hand shake is a masonic handshake .

The A and O , as you most likely know is " alpha and Omega "

The cross is the Maltese Cross . This also has many different meanings , one of which it the X shape that it forms indicating the " mark of Cain " the mark that Cain got from God when Cain killed Abel . It denotes blood line . It also resembles the triple Tau cross .. The triple tau cross is the ancient symbol of the tau cross , three times repeated and joined at a common center . The tau cross is the same shape as the greek letter T , which is also called tau and was anciently considered as an emblem of life . It was held to be a sacred mark and was placed upon the foreheads of those who escaped from shipwreck , battle or other great peril of life . Tau is mentioned in Ezekiel 4:4-6 as the mark set upon the foreheads of the men who were to be preserved alive . Tau is derived from an egyptian or coptic root meaning bull or cow and the constellation anciently marking the vernal equinox ....

The circle indicates the Sun , Sun worship .

The stars are pentagrams .

The number 3 has many different meaning as well , the Trinity , 3 is the max amount of times that you can use a number to " magnify " it power , 333 , 666 , 111 , and so on .

As for the earlier picture that you posted , is it possible for you to share the context that the picture was presented in ? Was there any text on the page that featured the picture ? If so what was it speaking about ?

The stars form the shape of a pyramid .

[edit on 6-10-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Thank you for all the hard effort u put on it Max_TO, your contribution is much appreciated
But the main thing here is the drawing, i included the Alpha Tau Omega badge just to note that the crescent and three stars symbol is also being used elsewhere.

Unfortunately, I am not sure at this point that the book -or wherever this drawing came from- contained any text at all. Not even the person that showed it to me knows, as he's also trying to figure out more things about it. I can tell you however that the page that had the drawing i saw contained also symbols like the ones here: i36.tinypic.com...

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jeit78

Those are alchemy symbols no ?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jeit78

I honestly think your dot drawing looks exactly like the lyra constealltion. If you tilt the drawing that you have towards the left, it matches up with this picture that I am giving you the link to. There are 2 extra stars just outside of the bottom "line', but the are in almost the exact spot as your circle.

www.redorbit.com...

Also, an intersting fact, the Lyran Planetary symbol is a cresent moon and a circle.

~Chaos

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jeit78

Actually, here is another link if you would like to look into this too.

homeboyastronomy.com...

This one is actually more detailed
~Arkaya

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Without any direct reference I am sure you could see all kinds of correlation, but it reminded me of Crowley's Naples Arrangement in the Book of Throth.

The Qabalists expanded this idea of Nothing, and got a second kind of Nothing which they called "Ain Soph"-"Without Limit". (This idea seems not unlike that of Space.) They then decided that in order to interpret this mere absence of any means of definition, it was necessary to postulate the Ain Soph Aur-"Limitless Light". By this they seem to have meant very much what the late Victorian men of science meant, or thought that they meant, by the Luminiferous Ether. (The Space-Time Continuum?) All this is evidently without form and void; these are abstract conditions, not positive ideas.

The next step must be the idea of Position. One must formulate this thesis: If there is anything except Nothing, it must exist within this Boundless Light; within this Space; within this inconceivable Nothingness, which cannot exist as Nothing-ness, but has to be conceived of as a Nothingness composed of the annihilation of two imaginary opposites. Thus appears The Point, which has "neither parts nor magnitude, but only position".

But position does not mean anything at all unless there is something else, some other position with which it can be compared. One has to describe it. The only way to do this is to have another Point, and that means that one must invent the number Two, making possible The Line.

But this Line does not really mean very much, because there is yet no measure of length. The limit of knowledge at this stage is that there are two things, in order to be able to talk about them at all. But one cannot say that they are near each other, or that they are far apart; one can only say that they are distant. In order to discriminate between them at all, there must be a third thing. We must have another point. One must invent The Surface; one must invent The Triangle. In doing this, incidentally, appears the whole of Plane Geometry. One can now say, "A is nearer to B than A is to C".

But, so far, there is no substance in any of these ideas. In fact there are no ideas at all) except the idea of distance and perhaps the idea of between-ness, and of Angular Measurement; so that plane Geometry, which now exists in theory, is after all completely inchoate and incoherent.. There has been no approach at all to the conception of a really existing thing. No more has been done than to niake definitions, all in a purely ideal and imaginary world.

Now then comes The Abyss. One cannot go any further into the ideal. The next step must be the Actual --- at least, an approach to the Actual. There are three points, but there is no idea of where any one of them. is. A fourth point is essential, and this formulates the idea of matter. The Point, the Line, the Plane. The fourth point, unless it should happen to lie in the plane, gives The Solid. If one wants to know the position of any point, one must define it by the use of three co-ordinate axes. It is so many feet from the North wall, and so many feet from the East wall, and so many feet from tbe floor.

Thus there has been developed from Nothingness a Something which can be said to exist. One has arrived at the idea of Matter. But this existence is exceedingly tenuous, for the only property of any given point is its position in relation to certain other points; no change is possible; nothing can happen. One is therefore cotnpelled, in the analysis of known Reality, to postulate a fifth positive idea, which is that of Motion.

This implies the idea of Time, for only through Motion, and in Time, can any event happen. Without this change and sequence, nothing can be the object of sense. (It is to be noticed that this No.5 is the number of the letter He' in the Hebrew alphabet. This is the letter traditionally consecrated to the Great Mother. It is the womb in which the Great Father, who is represented by the letter Yod which is pictorially the representation of an ultimate Point, moves and begets active existence).

There is now possible a concrete idea of the Point; and, at last it is a point which can be self-conscious, because it can have a Past, Present and Future. It is able to define itself in terms of the previous ideas. Here is the number Six, the centre of the system: self-conscious, capable of experience.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
It looks like the one triangle with the point outside representing the 'solid' and the other triangle a plane.

But hey It could mean something else entirely!

Good luck with that one.

O
xx

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The two stars in relationship to the crescent, repeated three times, are impossible unless the "stars" are between us (earth) and the moon. There are a number of "Egyptian" reliefs that show one star in this relationship to an equatorial crescent. There are a number of national flags, mostly middle eastern, that also depict this relationship.

new topics

top topics

join