It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

various sightings over 13 years....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
the first time I saw an unexplained aircraft I was 15 years old. I had just left school headed home with my friend when we saw it. at first it looked like a plane moving slowly across the sky at high altitude. just as we approached an access road to an old strip mine it stopped, hovering directly above the road. we stopped the car directly under it & watch it for a few minutes, then it streaked across the sky & was gone. for some reason I could never, for the life of me, remember the details of exactly what it looked like...just the thought process of its a plane, no its a helicopter, no its a tower, wait there has never been a tower there wtf is it? it was years before I mentioned any of it to anyone besides my buddy who had seen it with me. when I did I learned my mom had a similar encounter at the same spot on our street. a few weeks later I was leaving home to see a movie one night. it was well after dark. as I walked to the car I noticed a red dot on the ground, just like one of those laser pointers. as I walked closer to see what it was it started movin erratically across the ground. every time I got close to it I could feel heat coming from it. it grew from the small dot to about 8 inches in diameter & back to a small dot & then just disappeared. I looked across the sky & never found a source of the light. about 8 years later I was working the 3- 11 shift. coming home from work on the same road I saw lights slowly moving just above the trees at this access road to the strip mine. I followed them as they went down the street. the street is woods for the first mile or so & then comes into a heighborhood. anyway, as I get to the first house of the neighborhood I had lost the object in the trees. just then it comes streaking over the house pretty fast, just a few feet over the trees & silent. as it crosses the road I follow it & see two more objects just like it folowing my path up the street. as the one streaks over the house they all turn away & are gone in a flash. the next night I called in to work. I was at a friends house, still sorta disturbed about what had happened. out of the blue I asked him if he wanted to see a ufo. he looked at me like I had lost my mind. I have no idea what made me so confident it would be there but I just felt it. after a few minutes of begging him to go he finally agreed. as he drove to the street I was describing what had happened the night before, not much paying attention when he interrupts with an emphatic "oh my god". I looked up & in exactly the saem spot as the previous sightings was a funny looking light. we followed it & the events unfolded EXACTLY as they had the night before. this time with someone else watching the road I was able to follow them. shouting directions we followed them a few miles as they wound back through the road we had just come down. then they streaked across the sky towards downtown. I told him to go to radio hill, the highest point around where I live...it has a great view of the entire city. this is when things got really strange. once on top of the hill we could see 3 lights that looked like really bright stars far across the sky. they would move back & forth a little then sit still. all of a sudden one of them streaks across the sky towards us. I meanstreak literally. the thing was moving so fast the light went from a dot to a line & then back to a dot & it was a few hundred yards out from us. we are sitting basically on the edge of a cliff that drops a few hundred feet in elevation. the thing slowly approaches our location & suddenly stops about 40 yards out, just beside a tree. when it stops it turns up on its side. the objects was triangular...about the size & shape of a hang glider(a little larger but definitely not plabe sized). seemed pretty thin top to bottom. we got out of the car to closely observe the encounter. it hovered there with one "wing" down postured with its bottom facing us. it was merely feet from a large oak tree. it hovered silently...no engine noise at all. you could tell from the tree limbs it was moving a fair amount of air & the branches seemed to be blowing in a circular pattern.I got freaked out & we left. the object moved back to a flat position & slowly folled us down the hill until I lost it in the trees again. this object seemed to produce a countless variety of light colors & patterns. my up close sighting left me with the opinion that it looked like a military craft but it moved faster than anything short of star trek & hovered silently....its been 8 years since & I still dont know what to think.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
sorry for the long post above, figured someone might relate to it. I tried to include all the details. I saw a show that mapped sightings & said they were more concentrated around geological events such as volcanoes. the area of that strip mine has what I was told was "red rock" burning underground. riding motorcycles out there you often see cracks in the ground smoking with a strong odor. wonder if there is any connection?

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
not a bad story or definition that u gave about what
u saw.
But u could have put it into paragraphs it just makes
it easy for everyone.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
what location on the map were you when this happened ?

what country allows 15 year old to have a driving permit ? normal it is 18 years minimum of age.
or...were you joydriving with that friend at that moment ??

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOGODSINTHEUNIVERSE
what location on the map were you when this happened ?

what country allows 15 year old to have a driving permit ? normal it is 18 years minimum of age.
or...were you joydriving with that friend at that moment ??

In the US its 16, so if his friend is a lil older then him, hes perfectly legal to drive.

Ik dacht dat vlammingen toch wat meer wereld kennis hadden dan dat hoor!! Ik in ieder geval toch

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 05:31 AM
link   
USA = UNITED states of A.
so not in all states the rules are the same !
neither is the minimum age for driving i think.
some states do have a harder and tougher law.
i would like to get a pinpointed location of the town/city
this case happened so i can see on the detailed map where what is...and especially the flightcorridors followed by black program aircraft.

remember what former blackbird pilots told about creating "their own" ufocases !!
they came in flying super slow and super low and ignited their afterburners to get the aircraft a steep climb into the clouds when flying at nightexcercise !
this was started in the 60er years !!!
between then and now there have been plenty of such
cases due to (test)flying new a/c...

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I was 15 & my friend that drove me home everyday was a year older than me. I will go to mapquest & try to link you to a map.

sorry about the paragraphs, I'm not much of a writer.

[Edited on 17-5-2004 by metalmessiah]

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   
[Edited on 18-5-2004 by metalmessiah]

new topics

top topics

join