It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's Deadliest. Thanks for the Fosters beer and the Body Bag.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ejaylinz

Seems to me that your list bypassed some of the worlds REAL most deadly could it be that your a little bit biased for your homeland and want it to sound so scary..?? Anyway just my thought.

Well actually that wasnt my list...It was from the Australian reptile and amphibian department

Care to take back that remark?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dirk Gently
Foster's: Australian for tastes funny. haha

I really enjoyed this. Thank you.
[edit on 5-10-2009 by Dirk Gently]

There's a reason why we export fosters

Trust me, we Aussies dont drink it

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gemineye
I was always under the impression that rabies is nonexistent in Australia. Is that just a myth?

Its a myth. My fiancess dad got bitten by a bat.....appropriately last halloween lmfao. He had to have rabies shots for the next 6 weeks

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
And isn't Fosters a Canadian Beer brewed by Molsen Brewery

Nope its brewed at he Carlton and United breweries in Melbourne. However, I wouldnt be surprised if he same recipe was brewed overseas....and past off as exported beer. Either way Australians dont drink Fosters

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman Either way Australians dont drink Fosters

Hmmm well okay..if you says so... but Molson does own 50% of Fosters

www.fundinguniverse.com...

Now a few years back I read an odd story that a new spider and a new snake had been discovered in OZ... both around the same time... but what was odd was that the venom in both was the SAME previously unknown toxin...

Problem is I have tried to track this story down and cannot find anything now, so don't know if it was a hoax, or real, or I just stepped into another time line

Got anything on that?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Hmmm well okay..if you says so... but Molson does own 50% of Fosters

Fosters isnt actually a company. Its just a type of beer owned...or partially owned now by CUB. Do you think Molson would buy its all? We hate the stuff....yuk

There are pobably many species we havent found out here. More than 80% of Australia is not habitable due to the harshness of the environemnt. It would be cool to find some new species out there

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Zorgy Baby!!!!

Only that their venom was back engineered from ancient astronuts

As mother nature couldnt possibly come up with such fantastic creatures on her own

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
As mother nature couldnt possibly come up with such fantastic creatures on her own

Well that was the point... these species apparently just appeared almost like the escaped from a specimen collecting vessel

It really sucks when you file something to look at later and then can't find it

You guys have camels down there... how about the Camel Spiders?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Wasnt that a fake?

Might check out snopes

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Wasnt that a fake?

So now your telling me that the US Army is faking spiders?

It just gets better and better

But send a few of those things in to the insurgents houses and I bet you roust them real quick

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Double post

[edit on 5/10/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

So now your telling me that the US Army is faking spiders?

It just gets better and better

But send a few of those things in to the insurgents houses and I bet you roust them real quick

According to snopes the picture is real, yet the story to go with it is exagerated. The spiders in the picture are close to the camera, givin the appearnce that they are larger than what they seem. Real camel spiders only grow to 5 or 6 inches max

See for yourself below

www.snopes.com...

[edit on 5/10/2009 by OzWeatherman]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hi all, great thread.

Gosh.. other than a few fearful snakes, all we have here in Canada is the Recluse and Black Widow.. you know?, the spiders that are quiet and shy and live in the dark -- until your bitten..

Decoy

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by Dirk Gently
Foster's: Australian for tastes funny. haha

I really enjoyed this. Thank you.
[edit on 5-10-2009 by Dirk Gently]

There's a reason why we export fosters

Trust me, we Aussies dont drink it

true... but i did find it on tap at central station in sydney... in line with the toxicity theme, It probably isnt poisonous enough for us of the southern land to drink it... we like our spiders deadly and our beers vomitous!

Dave

PS and thanks for the pointers on the antivenom guys. I had no idea there were so many aussies in here

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Decoy all we have here in Canada is the Recluse and Black Widow.. you know?, the spiders that are quiet and shy and live in the dark -- until your bitten..

Ah yes know them well
Going to the outhouse at the cottage in Northern Ontario you always had to look first...

And down here in Vegas black widows are all over the yard, in the wood pile, the vines... they don't bother much. The scorpions are in the desert and just about every plant will stab you if it gets a chance

But THIS guy... the Brown Recluse...

Now that is one scary little spider...

The following Pictures show the hand of a man who was bitten by Brown recluse Spider. Some are pretty nasty Looking so don’t view if you have a weak stomach.

The person in the following pictures was bitten on the hand. You can see the bite’s effects as it progressed over a ten day period. It kills the flesh around the bite area. This is day 5 after being bitten by a brown recluse spider. The affected skin actually dies on the body

Day Five

Day Six

This is day 6 The following pictures are pretty nasty looking. so if you have a weak stomach do not look.

day 10 as you can see the bite is very serious.

Day Ten

www.coyoteranch.org...

So you guys down under can keep your creepy crawllies... we have enough of our own

And what's up with this Platypus... sounds like its made of left over parts from other critters

The bizarre appearance of this egg-laying, venomous, duck-billed, beaver-tailed, otter-footed mammal baffled European naturalists when they first encountered it, with some considering it an elaborate fraud. It is one of the few venomous mammals; the male Platypus has a spur on the hind foot that delivers a venom capable of causing severe pain to humans.

en.wikipedia.org...

I am pretty sure THAT escaped from a flying saucer

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
this thread is a hilerious read! i actually think you have to watch out for the men here rather than the creatures

one great thing about this thread (apart from steve erwin r.i.p) is that it will keep the ignorant from comming here

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I have woken up with a 5ft rattlesnake in my sleeping bag, while working a flood on the colorado river.
Another time sleeping several years later i had one slither across my chest while in my sleepping bag.
I got struck by one while on a mtb ride, luckily it got my super high end italian mtb shoes, made from kangaroo leather, and it didnt penetrate.
If it had I likely would have died as i was 4 hr riding time from my car and it was 2-1/2 to three hrs from the nearest hospital.

And this morning, when I left for work, before the sun came up, i was putting on my boots when i felt something wierd in one, like a little lump of something.
When i took my boot off I found a huge black widow crushed under my big toe.
Good thing I had put on good thick socks.

I dont see how you aussies live in that veritable biologic mine field.

I belive fosters sold here in the states is brewed by molson in canada.
I used to be a big fan of guiness, until one day I noticed it was different somehow.
Then i noticed that it is now brewed in canada as well.

I used to get a bomb ass aussie beer sheaf's oatmeal stout, cant find it anymore, is it a beer you'all drink down under or was an export only beer.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Thanks for making me vomit!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Can someone post on Cane toads, I cant even look at them yuk.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Ex wife lost a dog to one of those baddies just a few weeks back...

And i'm thanking god right now because temps are regularly dropping bellow freezing and the bum rush on my home of the last 3 weeks has stopped... I've killed at least a half dozen inside over the last few weeks.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join