It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's Deadliest. Thanks for the Fosters beer and the Body Bag.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I live in California.

We have a rare breed here....

They've got guns and they kill you for no reason if you're in the wrong territory =\

Heh, really though..

I've seen a mountain lion before and it scared me #less, I was hiking.

It didn't come after me, it actually went away from me and my friend.

We have the brown recluse, which I was unlucky enough to be bit by. We also have black widows, which are the American version of the Redback.

Rattlesnakes....

Wolves, coyotes.....

And plenty of jelly fish, but for the most part none of which are deadly. I was stung by a damn jelly fish when I was kid out surfing.

HURT BADLY.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Curious and Concerned

Actually, the spiders in "Arachnophobia" were from across the ditch, here in NZ.

Thanks for resolving that one

I had heard they were Huntsmen somewhere (unofficial) and they looked and moved exactly like the buggers I see round here every day. Your Delena must be a close relative but we see that a lot with other breeds as well like Whitetail/Brown Recluse, Widow/Redback/Katipo. I almost bought a keyring when I was in NZ with a Katipo set in a block of clear resin. The worst thing you have over there would have to be the sandflies in the South Island - they are absolutely legendary.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I got bit by a Whitetail about 6 seeks ago "Holy Hell! It feels like having been scolded by boiling water and the pain last for about 4 weeks!" God I hate spiders!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
I had heard they were Huntsmen somewhere (unofficial) and they looked and moved exactly like the buggers I see round here every day. Your Delena must be a close relative but we see that a lot with other breeds as well like Whitetail/Brown Recluse, Widow/Redback/Katipo. I almost bought a keyring when I was in NZ with a Katipo set in a block of clear resin. The worst thing you have over there would have to be the sandflies in the South Island - they are absolutely legendary.

yes of course. The sandflies and mosquitoes are a fearsome predator indeed, causing worse pain and itching than any of our spiders, purely through shear quantity of attacks on the unprotected

I believe the Whitetail was an immigrant from it's native residence in Australia. Not sure if they're related to brown recluse or not.

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
I got bit by a Whitetail about 6 seeks ago "Holy Hell! It feels like having been scolded by boiling water and the pain last for about 4 weeks!" God I hate spiders!

I haven't been bitten myself (although I've seen many inside my home
), but I have seen first hand the consequences on a friend who lived down my road. After 3 weeks, they had to remove a portion of her calf to try to get rid of the infection. Nasty stuff indeed.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
As a Native Texan, I've had my share of all sorts of beasties - rattlers, cottonmouths, brown recluse, black widows and so forth. Australia will always hold a special allure because it is home to some of the deadliest creatures on Earth.

But me being me, you know I have to ask:

Any known horror stories of the dreaded Cane Toad?

(part five of the absolutely charming and slightly disturbing documentary):

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

I think this is one of, if not thee most beautiful creature the Auzzie's could give us. Beautiful baby blue eyes and all...

And I'm sure any man would fall to her seductive charms, and enticing beauty.

I'm sure many viewers of this thread would agree... As Steve might say... 'Ain't she a beauty.'

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9fc31fa4b0d2.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-1-2010 by ByteChanger]

posted on Jan, 9 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

I was laughing my ass off when I seen that guy driving his VW van, swerving all over the road....

I could picture a officer pulling him over... 'You had anything to drink today sir'. 'No sir, just running down some toads..." ...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join