It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roubini: Stocks Have Risen ‘Too Much, Too Soon, Too Fast’, Correction Coming Soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Bloomberg Article

“Markets have gone up too much, too soon, too fast,” Roubini said in an interview in Istanbul on Oct. 3. “I see the risk of a correction, especially when the markets now realize that the recovery is not rapid and V-shaped, but more like U- shaped. That might be in the fourth quarter or the first quarter of next year.”

“The real economy is barely recovering while markets are going this way,” Roubini said. If growth doesn’t rebound rapidly, “eventually markets are going to flatten out and correct to valuations that are justified. I see a growing gap between what markets are doing and the weaker real economic activities.”

“In the short run we need monetary and fiscal stimulus to avoid another tipping point and to avoid deflation, but now this easy money has already started to create asset bubbles in equities, commodities, credit and emerging markets,” Roubini said. “For the sake of achieving growth stability again and avoiding deflation, we may be planting the seeds of the next cycle of financial instability.”

[edit on 4-10-2009 by johnny2127]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
And now it begins......... hold on......

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Sounds like what happened this time last year.

Another crash, one that may be worse than last time.

This is one of the last things people need to see happen.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
If the market does tank. All the previous programs that they pumped all that stimulis cash and tarp funds into,are really going to fold up on the promoters.
If Obama and Congress start talking a second round of more untenable debt,I believe that the dam of controled angst will break.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Roubini is a good source. Yup, housing prices are down again, and stock prices are over-inflated. What else could it mean but another bust.

I keep hoping for the best but seeing the worst.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What happened to the jobless recovery?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have to agree with his statements.

The markets are stressing out and even a laymen can see it now.

All the insiders left the market last month, now its a suckers rally.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
i'm glad that i've been selling my modest holdings for the last 6-8 months

i have my fingers crossed that my last sell order gets into cash before Oct 25-26...because i stubbornly have kept my cash at Bank of America instead of at a local Credit Union

the market run-up, i think is a Wall Street creation...because the Main Street segment is too strapped to be speculating

also. i'm not going to hold on to cash as the deflation picks up, i'm exchanging my available cash for a plug-in electric vehicle to ride out the next decade as hyper inflation kicks in when the dollar collapses ~ 2013-14 window.

new topics

top topics

join