It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curfew Laws

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
who cares if American minors are the dumbest minors in the world

isn't America the land of the free?

isn't freedom the right to do as you please as long as you don't commit a crime?

so how is a curfew freedom?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

That's a very ignorant statement. If you haven't been to every country in the world then you would not know.

And again you are deviating from the fact that it is about freedom - not the what you perceive as intelligent behavior.

[edit on 10/5/2009 by mnmcandiez]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Ok.....your a parent, right? From the soumds of your post you must be. But what puzzle me most is why you would freely give up your freedom to raise your children. By allowing the government to put curfews on anyone, regardless of age, sex, color or religion is giving up your freedom and accepting the oppression of your government.
Freedom, true freedom that is, is a huge responsiblity. Not for just the adults, but for our children too. Instead of rolling over to big brothers rules, why not raise your children to be responsible free human beings. If parents fought this oppressive government years ago, maybe....just maybe we would be in a different reality today. But they sold their freedoms for comfort....Hope it was worth it!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
^^^ I agree with you 100%

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungGod88

True freedom is TOTAL FREEDOM, with that you have the right to commit any crime you wish.....but you have to pay the price and the price is usually very high, so high that it is more attractive to be responsible and free...not to mention if your raised with the morals of being a responsible free citizen, such illegal traits don't even enter ones mind.
I am not a religious person, in the organized sense, but people do need to have morals. We only need but a few laws to cover everything, by making the law so confusing, lets the powerful have the ability to manipulate the law to their advantage. KISS...keep it simple stupid...is what we should base the law on.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The thing is that there's only two laws in this world, common law and admiralty & maritime law

common law is basically the law of the land and admiralty & maritime law is the law of the water which is the law of business (law of money)

but only 1 applies to us sovereigns which is common law and common law is simple

treat others just like you would like to be treated, don't hurt or injure others and their property, don't steal and don't commit fraud

everything else is statutes, acts, bylaws, codes, ect...

those are not law they are what they say they are

but TPTB don't want you to know that

that's why they make it so confusing that only lawyers and judges understand

and that's why they don't teach you law in grade school because they want as much people as possible to be ignorant towards law

because its easier to manipulate and control you that way

that's why officers get away with violating people's rights all the time because most people think that's the way it is, that its normal

what everybody needs to do is turn off their TVs for awhile and educate themselves and this country would be a better place

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
As a mom, I like having my kids home safe before midnight. They want to have a friend spend the night so they can talk all night, fine. At least I know they are safe that way.

Problem with teens is they think they are indestructable and nothing bad will ever happen to them. I know, I was one myself.

And maybe you are the most responsible teen in the world, but that doesn't mean everyone else out late at night is going to be responsible too. Drunks leave bars late at night and accidents happen whether your a stellar teen or not.

And if you are a trouble maker, who do you think is going to get the pants sued off of them if you cause trouble. It sure as hell won't be the broke teenager.

So, yes, when you are 18, you are then responsible for anything that happens late at night.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Violet Sky]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I really don't understand about what these people aren't getting.

If you are a good mother then you have control of your kids. Why would you want the law to dictate when they can leave their house and when they can't? Do you not want that to be up to you?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
and even if you are a good parent and your tryna teach your kids right from wrong to your best ability but your teenager decides to do something stupid any ways then oh well

if a person can't learn from others advice then he/she needs to learn from their own mistakes

a curfew is not going to guarantee the well being of your kids nor is the government

anything can happen

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by brainwreck

Absolutely stunning movie. Stuff like that goes down all the time.

I live in Wyoming and a friend of mine had an absurd incident with the police.

He was walking home(he lives downtown) when he realized the public bench outside was on fire. He and his girl run up and down his stairs with water and extinguishe it. The cops then arrive on the scene. They harass them and accuse him of setting the fire. Eventually the girl is in tears and he is on the pavement in handcuffs. As the cops are harassing him someone is being stabbed a few blocks away. The cops respond to the call about the stabbing and leave him there handcuffs and all. His girl calls the police to ask to have his handcufss removed and is told they have to go down to the station to have that done.

The story is absolutely absurd in my opinion. Since when do arsonists extinguish the fires they start?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Curfew Laws

Interestingly, when I was 14 or so I remember asking my father about the legal curfew, and he told me that there was no such thing. That it was a fiction invented by parents to manipulate their kids into coming home when they wanted them to.

So I didn't worry about it.

But I would never want a cop calling me saying
they have my kid out past "curfew".

Many years later I was visiting a friend who was still 17. Sometime around midnight we decided to go to the grocery store to get a pizza. On the way we were stopped by a police officer, who threatened me with charges of "contributing to the delinquency of a minor" for taking my friend outside past curfew. Then he asked to look through my backpack, which I had brought to carry the pizza in.

I was pretty much amazed at the encounter, and flat out refused. He persisted, and I started to get visibly annoyed at him. So he pulled my 17 year old friend aside privately and (as I later found out) told him that he suspected me of carrying marijuana in my pack. To which my friend laughed and said, "no, he doesn't smoke. There's nothing in the bag. It's empty to make room for pizza. He just doesn't want you looking through it, on principal."

And the officer told him to beware of people like me, people acting from principals, because we were the kind of people that would get you into trouble.

I found that very interesting.

I think these law are in place to give a early on fear of cops to kids.

Probably, yes. And to teach them to accept control.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by LordBucket]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I remember the days...

Getting done playing air soft in my friends house that was being re-modeled, then walking down to White Castle at 2:30 in the morning to get a snack.

Our 3:30.

Or 4:30.

Anytime really.

Ohhh the pranks I used to pull, and then the aftermath...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
How horribly oppressive! 11:30 curfew and seat belts! I sincerely hope those are the worst things you are confronted with, for the rest of your life. Do yourself a favor and save a copy of your OP. Trust me when I say, when you read it after having children of your own, you will get quite a chuckle out of it.

Always remember that 90% of the laws are written for 10% of the people. If you have children and live in an area with enforced curfews, you will find it much easier to enforce your own curfews. You won't have to deal with "Why do I have to be in so early when my friend doesn't?" and have to try to explain it is because you care about your child.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
No, I won't change my mind because I don't want the law to tell me what time my children need to be in the house.

I'm sorry if I actually want to be a responsible parent and not rely on the law to help me keep my kid in order.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It doesn't matter if 90% of the law is written for 10% of the people (which I doubt)

most of it violates human rights and most so called laws don't protect nobody

there just made to control the people and raise revenue for the state

what parents need to do is become more responsible and teach their kids how to be responsible for their own actions

that's the problem with society, we become to comfortable so we gave the government too much power and now they abuse it

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by YoungGod88

what parents need to do is become more responsible and teach their kids how to be responsible for their own actions

Unfortunately, there is a small percentage of people (parents and their spawn) who do not accept responsibility for their actions. Hence, the law.

I know it is irresponsible to drive a vehicle, while under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs. However, a law is required for the small percentage of those who don't. I know it is wrong to take something that doesn't belong to me or to damage someone elses property. Unfortunately, there are some who don't accept this, hence, the law.

If 100% of the people were responsible and moral, there would be no need for a justice system. But....that ain't never gonna happen!

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Prohibiting drinking while driving is not inhibiting any ones freedom. Dictating when people have to be in there home is.

The whole thing is about freedom, not if people "MIGHT" break the law.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
for real how can u compare stealing to curfews

u shouldn't steal not only because its wrong but also because u wouldn't want nobody stealing from u

I have no problem if there is teens hanging out after midnight as long as they don't commit crime

that's why there is other laws for if they do they will be punished for their actions

and guess what? a curfew is not going to stop teens from doing stuff there not supposed to, all it does is violates the freedom of every other kid

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by YoungGod88

i agree with everything you said.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ufoptics

Ahhh but you miss the point....this isn't about my kids (of course I know what I'M doing, right??)....it's about OTHER people's kids, those are the bad ones.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join