It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely Invasive Body Scanners Being Installed At All Major U.S. Airports

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by silent thunder

At what airport did this incident allegedly happen?

The big one in New York (JFK?)

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I don't buy it. Only females pat down females, unless 'Jimmy' was a female.

I'm with you, I have never seen a guy pat down a woman or a woman pat down a guy and I used to work in an airport.

They can use the wand on a member of the opposite sex, but absolutely no touching. The risk of a lawsuit is to high

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

I don't buy it. Only females pat down females, unless 'Jimmy' was a female.

I'm with you, I have never seen a guy pat down a woman or a woman pat down a guy and I used to work in an airport.

They can use the wand on a member of the opposite sex, but absolutely no touching. The risk of a lawsuit is to high

Let's see...this was probably about 4 or 5 years ago. Did the same rule apply then?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   

No it started yesterday.

Since your incident happened so long ago I think you are not remembering correctly. Funny how you can remember the guys name, but not be sure of the airport.

edit to add a second line so that its not a one liner.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by jd140]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well, whatever. As I noted, this is the Internet so I can't prove anything. I'm not in the habit of lying, and especially not on ATS where I am a repeat poster. It made me mad then, and it makes me sad now that none of you believe me , but nobody survives for long on Internet messageboards without growing a thick skin.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

No it started yesterday.

Since your incident happened so long ago I think you are not remembering correctly. Funny how you can remember the guys name, but not be sure of the airport.

edit to add a second line so that its not a one liner.

Would you forget the name of somebody who did that to your wife?

And I'm sorry I don't remember the name of the airport in NYC, since I'm not from there and don't go often. I think its JFK. It was an international flight, and it wasn't a strip-search or something in a private room. At the time, everyone in line was getting frisked by people of both genders, legal or not.

Arrrgh...this is making me too upset now...I'll leave this topic in other hands, I guess.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by KSPigpen

It should, the scanners are based off of density, so that being the most dense thing in your pants should be what is seen. Rest assured that you will be taken aside and patted down, but I feel it's worth the hassle.

Personally, I am working on clothing with a rubber-coated copper mesh lining for anti-taser purposes that would serve as a dual purpose for this situation.

@stevegmu

My only issue with TSA is that it is a waste of money that only provides the illusion of safety. If they actually provided safety, I'd be all for it. I say this because I used to be a frequent traveler, flying twice a week for work. I also have family members who work in the airport both pre and post 9/11.

I've witnessed TSA search a bag that had a bottle of soda in it and not find the bottle, and then say "oh well, go on through" (the bottle had been in the bag for a whole week, passing through daily without being stopped).

Not to mention I can kill someone just as easily with a ballpoint pen, which I can carry 50+ of onto a plane, as I can with a plastic knife, which I can't take through security, but they will actually give me on the plane or at the burger king post-security.

And you can send your Starbucks that you bought right before security through the scanner and take it into a secured area, but can't take breast milk or water, but you can buy the $4.50 bottle of water right after security.

There is no test to see if that latte is really a latte or liquid explosives, but apparently that's why we can only take 3oz of shampoo, conditioner, hand sanitizer, liquid soap, contact solution, saline solution, nose drops, etc, which can be combined post checkpoint to make a big bomb if you really wanted to bring through a bomb.

It is all the illusion of safety, and wasting money on machines like this does no good for the overall safety of travelers. It's irresponsible spending by Washington and the only purpose it serves is to force submission of the general populace of the country.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

nevermind.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I don't really care. I have nothing to hide... But I just don't want to feel the male TSA workers feel insecure.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I live in a different culture and in a very warm climate so people here feel differently about nudity than they do in the states. It's common here to have our afternoon meal and a siesta nude, we sleep in the nude and it's not unusual to see the neighbours, including myself out to take the trash out or get something out of the car in the nude or in just panties and a skimpy night shirt. We also have our windows wide open as most of us don't have AC.

That being said, It's one thing at your home and around your neighbours culturally. It's an entirely different matter for a complete stranger that isn't part of our family, neighbourhood unit to do it without our permission, especially in a place where it is culturally looked down upon and seen as dirty.

I don't agree with this at all.

S&F

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I think they already have these scanners and are using them!

Until recently, I used to fly twice a week. I remember going through two types of new scanners.

In one scanner you would stand in what seemed like a large metal detector or a open phone both. A clock would be projected over-head. The TSA worker would tell you to look at the clock. I had also noticed many TSA workers had told me to look straight ahead when I would walk through the normal scanner. I have a feeling these were the iris scanning machines.

The second scanner would shoot a intense puff of air (at least I hope it was air). It was pretty creepy - they only had it there a short time and I never saw it again.

What makes me think they already have these machines is my mother has a medical issue and she was always cleared very quickly. She has a colostomy - which is a bag worn on your abdomen. When she first started traveling she would explain to the TSA worked the details. After a while, she would just say she had a medical issue - she would get a very gentle pat down and cleared. No questions and no embarssment.

In a way, it's good if they do have the machines. If you don't know about them you can't be embarrassed and it probably saves the passengers, like my mother, from further embarssment. I also read somewhere is the people looking at the pictures can't see the faces and are in another building. So if they see the something weird, they can't match it up with an identity.

The only think I'm worried about is what they use to get the picture? Is it some type of radiation? What are they beaming at people?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

No one is forcing anyone to fly. There is no right to fly in the Constitution. From what I have read of the scanning methods, the person viewing the images isn't at the security checkpoints, but removed in a separate room, where they don't see the person being scanned, just the scanned images. Don't like it, don't fly, or submit to a strip search and full cavity search.

That's a strange argument. If you don't like a proposed system then don't fly. So if you don't like food being poisoned by GM, don't eat? If you don't like what's happening in a country, leave it? So in your world nobody can protest against anything they think is wrong? And how exactly would these scanners work if they cannot identify who exactly has something illicit tucked alongside their genitals? Do they radio through after they have thought about it for a while...'Someone has something dangerous...it's the big man with the small ....'. And then what do they do...round up everyone who went through? And would that stop 19 alledged hijackers with box cutters who don't even appear on passenger lists? If security did their jobs properly in the first place and were not thick types on low pay, then they wouldn't even need this sort of machine. But of course it is just someone making money and security still won't manage to stop anyone. They will just sit there having a laugh.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
This is really going too far. Anyone with a creative mind is going to figure out a way to get around the rules and hi-jack a plane if they are really determined to. If I remember correctly, we didn't catch that guy with the bomb in his shoes because we had been checking the shoes the whole time, that's what started the whole shoe check BS. There hasn't been another hi-jacking because they've been lucky, not because this ridiculous amount of security is infallible. Whatever happened to that "Passenger Bill of Rights" that was supposed to go through congress?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Wow, this machine does nothing new or improved over the security measures already in use. It just violates our right from an unwarranted search. I cant believe some of the people who side with this. I mean, to believe in the hysteria of how unsafe airlines are and there are boogie men around every corner. That stupidity, that cowardly dog with his tail between its legs attitude is why you get Nazi Germany. Why most people basically are enslaved to credit and paper with no value. Why we pay for products and services 3-4 times the actual value and quality. If sitting on your hands and following every line of direction given with out question, to accept being treated like a criminal from infant to senior is all the modern Freedom and Liberty the US of A has to offer. It would seem to me the powers that be and their lap dogs are in for a wake up call. Anyway, playing the security card doesn't count when you attack yourself, I call SHENANIGANS!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Wonder if these scanners can see the new (ahem) "rectal bombs"?
Not sure how to link a past thread - may end up with an edit.

In all seriousness, when I fly, I basically get a strip search anyway - I have so many metal replacements. Its humiliating and I hate it. Unfortunately, I can't drive long distances, so I will have to deal with it, or take the train.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
they will be in europe too soon..

www.welt.de...

the funny thing is..in germany we have heard that they will never be introduced as they are evil things that infringe on our rights..when all the time the german government paid for their development.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join