It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GEE (Global Earthquake Explorer) Tips

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
New version out today

See more details here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Relative to current events in LA with the sinkhole, people seem to be having trouble accessing live seismic data in GEE from the new Texas Brine temporary network. The problem comes because they are HHZ (High gain broadband) instruments, and these types are not readily picked up by the older GEE implementation. It will still display them though and here is how:

1) Open GEE, and click Real Time Viewer, let stations fully load and turn blue.

2) Zoom in around the sinkhole area in southern Louisiana

3) Edit menu...Station Chooser....then Add Network... Let the networks list load.

4) Once loaded, scroll down and select the YC13 network- you'll see it says Texas Brine. Watch for those stations to appear in grey on the map.

5) Select one of the triangle stations by clicking on it once, and confirm this by looking in the lower right on the status bar that you are indeed selecting one of those stations (like LA.12, LA.13, etc.)

6) Now go back to the Station Chooser window, and select "All Channels" on the left side, and over on the right side, now select "HHZ".

7) Back in the Add Network window, now select briefly any other network, and then RESELECT the YC13 network. The stations will now appear in blue on the map, FINALLY.

8) Now select any of the YC13 triangle stations you want on the map, then click "Load Real Time Data".

9) Observe! Remember, seismic events will register most of the time on all of those channels at once. If it doesn't, then it probably wasn't a seismic event.
edit on Fri Mar 15th 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Thanks for the update re: Texas Brine.

'Preciate it

M.

Right as I got it fired up correctly it showed a pulse

Thanks again.

edit on 15-3-2013 by Moshpet because: 43

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I just wanted to let GEE users know that the IRIS servers that GEE utilizes didn't come back online after the scheduled IRIS downtime yesterday. They are working on the problem and hopefully GEE will have network access shortly.

All this quake activity--I'm missing my GEE!

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Thank you! I was worried it was just me!

With OK acting up it is not a good time to "be blind" here.

Soon, I hope!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Happy news GEE lovers...a new release of our beloved seismo-surfing software is here!

Download is available from the link above.

edit on 1/10/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

Update:
It's behaving strangely. I get the "Oops" message at start-up, and none of the stations fill-in "blue", but they will still load. Well, some will.
But it won't load additional networks. I'm still goofing around with it. If any of you find a trick to get more networks to load, let me know.

I'll send a note to Phillip, just to give him a heads up on what I'm experiencing. The problem may not be totally on his end though.
edit on 1/10/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Hmmm... I`m running Win7 on my laptop, and the new GEE won`t get past the opening screen graphic .

It sits on the desktop screen and that`s as far as it goes... did you delete the old GEE before the new install?

ETA... It just started up with minimal stations available. Hope it stays working and gets better (more stations available!)

All in all, I`ll take it!!! Was really missing my "squiggly lines"

edit on 11-1-2014 by dragonlover12 because: added lines

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join