It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Take Military Action' Before They Get Nukes' Sen. Lindsey Graham

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Mr Graham (R-SC) seems to be strolling the typical neocon path to a solution. So we should "invade Iran" aswell Mr Graham? And I suppose our military has the resources let along Iran being twice of a feat as that of Iraq? Does this have anything to do with the hunt for Osama? What is the matter with this man?? And I suppose the blatant silence of any such suggestion to north Korea, a nation that has actually developed a WMD as opposed to being "suspected" of developing one, was because it wasnt geographically and strategically important? I suppose they dont have enough of that black gold there do they? I suppose with North Korea big brother China is toomuch of a feat for the rightwing crusaders and the chickenhawks??

Wheres Palin? Why doesnt she open her mouth to claim an invasion on Iran is Gods will aswell? I mean honestly have we not learned? Wheres the outrage? The war in Iraq was a lie, courtesy of Halibourten and yet this senator gets away with using the same corporate mouthpieced excuse for Iran? Seriously??

I cannot believe after all we have been through, this man gets away with saying the same BS they pulled off 7 years ago. And as usual, most of the rightwing and some on the left keep shut
Unbelievable.....

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:40 PM
link   
So he spoke his mind, and? He's allowed to have an opinion and say what he wants, within reason, much the same as you.

Not that I'm advocating an invasion, but please spare me the same old tired crap about sanctions. They've worked so well in the past huh?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Furthermore, don't think for a minute that we would go to war with Iran without Obama's approval. As we all know, Republicans are the minority. Any invasion would be with the Democrat's blessing.

I wonder what tune you'd be singing then?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by soldiermom
So he spoke his mind, and?

This has nothing to do with his freedom of speech. This has to do with same old warhawk rhetoric his using and why there is no reaction to it. So no, this isnt attack on his freedom of speech, this is an attack on this mindset of his that already got us in this mess in Iraq.

Just because the man is free to say what he likes doesnt mean that any criticism towards him is a threat to his freedom of speech. This is a typical tactic to defend the man. Instead of protecting him with his "freedom of speech" why not just focus on his comments and the issue.

Not that I'm advocating an invasion, but please spare me the same old tired crap about sanctions. They've worked so well

Your not advocating for an invasion yet you seem awfully silent to what he said and you seem to cross out a non-military option and remain silent to Mr Grahams warhawk proposal. So what are advocating then? A liberation, no an invasion?? Please, Im sure there are a tonne of alternative wording to be used courtesy of the warhawk machine of 2003.

SG

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Furthermore, don't think for a minute that we would go to war with Iran without Obama's approval.

I know this, and made no comment regarding any "pending war" as the result of Mr Grahams comments. My OP was targeted at his warhawkish mindset and where it got us the last time. Yes I am well aware of President Obamas approval, this isnt the focus of my thread.

SG

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Hey Southern,

Just out of curiosity, what would you decide to do in this current situation. The sanctions are a joke. The Russians and Chinese will never play a heavy hand with the Persians.

So I ask again. What's "YOUR" solution?

Becker

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44

Hey Southern,

Just out of curiosity, what would you decide to do in this current situation. The sanctions are a joke. The Russians and Chinese will never play a heavy hand with the Persians.

How are the sanctions a joke? On basis to you put this at? Just because the regime continues to "talk" and show off their military like every other outdated dictator this means these sanctions are not working?

Heres my solution, anything but military intervention. Why? Because its not our business to police the world any longer. We dont have the military resources and the justification for invading is absolutly BS given the fact North Korea has already developed a WMD capable of reaching Alaska and yet we some how single out Iran based on an assumption that they will develop a nuclear missile? How does that work? Do we pick out which nations to invade and which they dont based on the media attention?

Whats your solution Becker? Why dont you come out and say it like Mr Graham over here? Because you and Soldier mom seem awfully silent as to where your solutions are over the matter. There are dozens of dictatorships out there flirting with "war", using the propaganda mouthpieced government to "talk". Are we going to find ourselves obligated to police every regime that does this? What exactly makes Iran the exception when North Korea is right there not too far off from Anchorage Alaska in nuclear terms?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I think that this idea of going into a panic just because some country has or is developing "nukes" is over reacting.

So what if they get nukes?
What exactly do you think they are going to do with them?
Conquer their neighbors?
I don't think that would be wise do you?
Kind of like setting fire to your neighbor's apartment.

The other thing that no one will tell you as they go on and on with their Scare Tactics is that these bombs do not go off any old place at any old time.

Bruce Cathie has this to say:
"One of the most startling facts that I discovered by application of grid mathematics was that an atomic bomb is a device based on the geometrics of space and time. To be successfully detonated, the bomb MUST be geometrically constructed, placed on, under, or over a geometric position in relation to the Earth’s surface, and activated at a SPECIFIC TIME in relation to the geometrics of the solar system. I found that it was possible to precalculate the time of various bomb tests, and the locations where it was possible to explode a bomb.

According to the mathematical complexities of unlocking the geometric structure of the unstable material constituting a bomb in order to create a sudden release of energy, I realised that an all-out atomic war was an impossibility. Both sides could precalculate well in advance the time and positions of atomic attack. Plus the fact that only certain geometric locations could be devastated anyhow. A logical war cannot be considered under these circumstances. This could be the explanation for the proliferation of conventional weapons in modern warfare."
Nukes

[edit on 4-10-2009 by OhZone]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by soldiermom

I really would consider dropping the false right/left paradigm set in place for the slaves. Make no mistake that is how all of us are viewed by Elite; whether they "claim" left, or they "claim" right.

Make no mistake You, and all of us are cannon fodder for their wars of domination, and glory.

I would suggest reading www.threeworldwars.com... Take the time to let it sink into Your head.

I'm guessing Your a "soldiermom", and why when being shown the real truth of the red, and blue pill, to look how far down the rabbit hole actually goes, why would You send Your child to war?

reply to post by Becker44

I know my name not be Southern
, well it's a little further south of the border

Any ways, my solution? There is no crisis. It is an illusion set in place by the Elite......simple as that.

Everyone(common folk) should sit down, and not participate. I have no doubt a terror attack will occur as that is all the elite have in their favor now, but many more this time will realize who did it.

Any ways, back to the non-crisis. I as a common Person vote for everyone playing by the same rules.

After all the only two countries to use WMD's as far as I know are the USA, Germany, and Israel.

In order, USA=Hiroshima, Nagasaki; Germany=mustard gas WW 1, Israel=white phosphorous rained down on the Gazans in December.

S&F to the OP

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

further to add to Your excellent Post, due to the increasing tensions regarding Iran, the entire debacle is creating a Nuclear Arms Race........

North Korea openly has Nukes, and so is left alone.

Iran doesn't have Nukes, and is being toyed with in order to provoke war.

Nations such as Saudi Arabia are now in negotiations with Pakistan among others to obtain Nukes.

Nukes = not being scr&&ed with.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

So he spoke his mind, and?

This has nothing to do with his freedom of speech. This has to do with same old warhawk rhetoric his using and why there is no reaction to it. So no, this isnt attack on his freedom of speech, this is an attack on this mindset of his that already got us in this mess in Iraq.

Just because the man is free to say what he likes doesnt mean that any criticism towards him is a threat to his freedom of speech. This is a typical tactic to defend the man. Instead of protecting him with his "freedom of speech" why not just focus on his comments and the issue.

Not that I'm advocating an invasion, but please spare me the same old tired crap about sanctions. They've worked so well

Your not advocating for an invasion yet you seem awfully silent to what he said and you seem to cross out a non-military option and remain silent to Mr Grahams warhawk proposal. So what are advocating then? A liberation, no an invasion?? Please, Im sure there are a tonne of alternative wording to be used courtesy of the warhawk machine of 2003.

SG

I cannot believe after all we have been through, this man gets away with saying the same BS they pulled off 7 years ago.

Obviously, it has everything to do with freedom of speech to you. What would you like to happen to him? What reaction would you like to see? As I said before, he's free to say what he wants, within reason, much the same as you.

Do you really believe that we'd invade Iran based on his comments alone? The war we're in now wasn't solely brought about by republicans. Democrats were right in step. And they would be doubly so if we invaded Iran. So much for your "they".

As to being silent on what he said, politicians say numerous things. If I were to get worked up about everything I disagreed with, I'd probably be taking medication for high blood pressure and anxiety disorders.

I really don't see what your beef is other than he said something you disagree with. And I'll second Becker. What's your plan?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I know I wouldnt feel safer with a nucleur armed iran.But im pretty sure the israelis will strike before we would.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

This is what I dont get. Aside from the fact we have no business policing the world since when was it acceptable for us to pick and choose which countries to "liberate" and which countries not to? When have you heard the suggestion here of invading and liberating North Korea due to their nuclear threat? I have not heard any such suggestion. Given the fact North Korea is so close to Alaska why on earth are folks like Lindsay Graham going on about Iran, a country yet to even develop the nuclear missile half way around the world? It just baffles me.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Whats your solution Becker?

OK Southern, I'll bite.

The comparison of North Korea is shallow. China, South Korea, and Japan will make certain nothing of any magnitude will fly from the North. The peninsula is a self governing portion of the world. Have you been?

North Korea does not posess a strategic resource of interest to the rest of the world either. That's just a fact you're going to have to come to grips with.

Now the Persians, hmmmm, a bit unruley of a bunch I might add. You see Iran is surrounded by many other rogue nations hell bent on wiping You and Me out. Collectively they pose a serious threat to global security.

Iran alone is not a threat period. You need to aim ahead of the target so when it reaches it's destination or in this case it's "cause" or "calling" you've already made a contingency.

So I'm with Senator Graham. If the same game playing continues regareding the development of a nuclear weapon, it's time to offer fair warning to the citizens then light em' up.

It's all they really understand. Sorry for the bubble burst but you give the impression of an arm chair academic. Come out an get dirty with us. You'll see things more clearly.

Becker

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Obviously, it has everything to do with freedom of speech to you.

I made no mention of his freedom of speech. I made mention of the fact nobody here or outside readily criticised him for using the same rhetoric. Stop covering up the man for his "freedom", it has nothing to do with the OP. Like wise I have the freedom to be critical of him as well.

Do you really believe that we'd invade Iran based on his comments alone?

I never made any such mention of an invasion actually happening. My OP is targeted to this warhawk mindset of his that doesnt seem to addressed any longer. This man still speaks for the nation like or not, his still a representitive, when he says things like this he is representing part consensus of this nation. This man is free to say what he likes but this mentality should be addressed.

The war we're in now wasn't solely brought about by republicans. Democrats were right in step.

I never made mention to excluding democrats. The OP does not regard who or what supported the war in Iraq. The OP is targeted to this warhawkish mentality and how it is no longer addressed.

As to being silent on what he said, politicians say numerous things.

They do, and likewise critics and individuals like myself say what we feel over the matter on numerous occasions. You have the choice to participate or not to participate.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

It is really quite self evident. The rhetoric is being built up so that the Elites using their false Left/Right Paradigms can build the rage in the US American People.

My fellow US Americans are becoming increasingly unhappy with the status quo. The Elite are trying to give them a direction to channel that rage.

What they must do is also win the Hearts, and Minds of the People, as the task they want executed at hand is beyond achievable, but I really do think the People now in charge of the US/Israel are truly insane, and will follow through any ways. They are insane Geniuses.

Having said that all We The People need to do is sit back, open a can of cold beer, or a cold soda pop. We need to open Our eyes to what is going on.

In essence We are being sold a war on Iran like a car salesman would pressure that purdy new red convertible on someone,"Buy today, it sure will hurt to see someone else driving it, heck We can even let You drive it home now".

Same game.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

becker, I've liked what You've written in the past, but from where I'm sitting that was half short of insane MSM logic.......... Now go turn off that boobtube, and really take note of the situation.

Pakistan was stable until the US started bombing them, and yes it is no secret that We are bombing Pakistan. Now the govt. due to US intervention is teetering on absolute collapse.

That is what US intervention does.

Afghanistan??? OMG, We pay the Taliban upwards of 20% the US war budget just so the war machine can continue to operate............... That right there should tell You war is a racket, and We are only there to protect the Poppy fields. Oh, I might add to consolidate ownership.

Iran??? I could scream even right now. What have they done? What atrocity have they done? I could put up dozens of links where the US, and Israel have done far worse, and very recently.

So explain between Pakistan, and Afghanistan how We've improved anything???

Oh, and tell me how We'll accomplish anything since Our country is BROKE

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
The comparison of North Korea is shallow. China, South Korea, and Japan will make certain nothing of any magnitude will fly from the North.

So you supposedly trust the Chinese considering they and Russia have been to an extent supported North Korea and Iran? What makes you think the European Union dont have them in check? Pakistan and India have over 200 nuclear missile between them, what about them? Why dont we liberate them as well? Since when did it become our right to pick and choose which parts of the world to police? Has Iran developed this capability even?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Heres another question, why not Israel? They have actually developed these WMD's, why are they the acception? Why not invade them? We are toutin the same warhawk rhetoric over Iran over the assumption they are going to deveop their own nuclear missile ignoring Israel and their possesions? What? Is it because you personally dont see Israel as a threat? Because of what the bible says, Israel is the acception? This sounds to me like it has a bit of religious BS added to it. It really does.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Many thanks to you for the unsolicited advice. I'll be sure and keep it in mind.

I didn't send my son to war. He chose to join the military for his own reasons and his reasons alone. Am I proud of him for joining? You bet your sweet a$$ I am. It's so easy for those that have never been in the military to look down their noses at those who were brave enough to do so, and act like they're poor deluded schlubs who have no idea what they're doing. In that assumption, you'd be wrong.

------------------------------
As to the matter at hand, a statement was made by a republican senator that SG doesn't agree with. SG wants a public outcry or maybe a march of protestation. Okay, I get it. I don't understand it, but I get it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join