It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Is The New Unemployment Extension?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I may be nuts but i distinctly remember Congress passing another extension last week???

Where is it?

I called to put in my claim and they said they "Didnt get the EMAIL from the White House yet"

I know my state was supposed to be among the ones to get it.

I WANT MY MONEY.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Eh, give it time. It will move at the speed of congress.

And as well all know, congress takes their sweet time with everything...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yea, you're right, but i also lose my health care when that last check comes and then i start going down hill from there.... cant get medicines, cant go see my doctor,...well, its a catch 22, you know?

But thanks.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
since i have a GF that is awarded unemployment and a daughter that
was receiving unemployment... i got bombarded with the same question when the last *extension* was passed.

Well, here in SC, the governor held off signing the law which would allow the state unemployed residents the extension monies,
because he felt there were 'too many strings attached'...
he later relented and allowed the Fed money to be spent on further unemployment tidbit$

i have the notion that state legislatures are needed to agree to accept federal money to be used in extending unemployment benefits for their citizens/constituents.
i look back and recall that our Gov. Sanford was way too busy jaunting off to Brazil to hookup with his SA mistress-honey than to concern himself with the welfare of the down-trodden, dirty, masses of S Carolinians.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by St Udio]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well, i know i will probably get a letter to do work at some camp...IF... that check is going to continue.

Oh well, i cant apply for the famous Mass health IF i am getting unemployment.....then i apply for Mass Health and they send me a letter and tell me "How dare you apply, you ALREADY have unemployment health coverage".....OR they shut me off the minute i receive a check.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Congress passed an aditional 13 weeks of unemployment benefits from federal funds. As far as I understand not all people will be eligible for the extension..

I don't think there are any qualms amongst govs because this was an extension of the program already in place (72 week).

Eventually the Gov will have to turn off the flow of cash.. of course leave it to congress to have the next extension end right before xmas.

Idiots

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Well, i talked to my office here in town and they said i was in the system BUT the funds cant be released UNTIL .....they get an EMAIL from Washington.

(Maybe he was talking directly about my case because i hang around ATS)

Anyway, he said to keep calling Sundays and when it comes thru it would be retroactive.

By then, i will be under a tent...wait, my husband still has a job, but its shakey..
so i hope something good happens.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Be mad Dg, you have the right to be soo mad, because no only they are giving hell to those that need the money the most, but also the government is working to pass another bailout bill at the expenses of tax payer under the guise of more money for first time mortgage buyers like we need money to give away when so many people are unemployed, but the real deal is another bailout for the banking system to get rid of yet more of the toxic paper.

Now this one is not even in the media as we speak.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well, yea, Marg, those poor peasants at the banks need their money first,and if there is any left over, i might get some money.

First things first.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I'm against all the overspending but people have to survive. If they cut off the money to the 10 percent still getting unemployment and they haven't found a job.....then it will get ugly...really fast.

It's debt...and it stinks....but what can we do? You can't just leave people with nothing. On the other hand....we are fighting in 3 countries and trying for number 4...jobs are still leaving the country and the country is a bottomless pit of debt.

If people can't eat....they'll look for food. They won't just disappear because the money is gone.

new topics

top topics

join