It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel is Number One Threat to Middle East -- UN ElBaradei

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazyninja

Oh, lazy, there's no need to apologize.

You can't argue the points, since your thesis is incorrect, you confuse the facts, you deny the actual events, so you resort to personal attack.

Not a problem.

Believe me, I can take anything you can dish out, blink, and beg for more. Because you have no substance of argument, no grasp of the facts, and therefore your opinion is something to be ignored.

Your kind loves misery. Starvation. Rape. Murder. Coercion. Suffering. Torment, torture, injury, sickness, and distress of innocents.

You love to watch people suffer without end, just so you can cock your head back, and say, "tsk, tsk, that's abominable."

And yet the ideals, policies, and approaches you and your kind pursue will indeed extend the suffering.

Rather than go in, get the job done, and over with, you want to just extend the suffering for years and years beyond what it would take to do it as I suggest.

My way, it's over, it's quick, and it's done.

Your way, it drags on and on and on, with more total casualties, more total suffering, more total misery, at more cost, to more innocents.

That's really something to cling to.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Cong John Traficant, 17 year congressman on Israel control of US Senate and Congress takes on Hannity on Fox and scores BIG

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

You do know J. Traficant is a felon several times over, who just got out of prison? I'd take anything he says with a grain of salt. Perhaps the Jews were behind his convictions?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
My understanding and I'm sure you will correct me if I'm wrong is that the rocket attacks started after Israel murdered Palestininas with rocket attacks.

You are indulging in a spot of reversal of causality there I'm afraid.

Rocket attacks from Gaza started after the second Intifada in 2000. Since then Palestinians have shelled southern Israeli towns with about 8600 rockets and mortars.

In 2005 Israel unilaterally withdrew from Gaza - by withdrew, I mean they forcibly removed Jewish residents from their homes and abandoned whole towns like Hush Katif - there's a photolog / video here and here if you're interested.

Pay particular attention to the schools, universities, libraries, lovingly built and maintained, then ransacked and destroyed by Palestinians once the Jews were evicted.

And many thousands of those evicted are still homeless.

Palestinian Authority municipal elections were held in Gaza in 2006. Hamas, the militant Islamic ultra anti-Israel faction of the former PLO, won a majority of seats in Gaza. They then proceeded to kill, kidnap, torture and evict the opposition (Fatah) members giving them complete and total control.

After Hamas's takeover, the shelling of Israeli towns intensified - ~1500 rockets in 2007, 3000 in 2008. These figures do not include ones that didn't hit a target.

Israel closed its borders with Gaza, and Egypt did the same, in 2007, with the stated objective being to reduce Hamas's ability to manufacture mortars and rockets whilst continuing to allow food and medical supplies through. Nonetheless the shelling continued.

There had been a long standing cease fire which Israel broke.

The Egyptian brokered ceasefire lasted for 26 weeks, not exactly long standing. During the ceasefire, rocket attacks continued from Gaza - but these mostly came from groups opposed to Hamas and they were relatively few in number at first.

What really kicked things off was the Gilad Shalit affair. Hamas dug tunnels over the border in order to kidnap soldiers. The IDF responded by raiding the tunnels and in the process killed three Hamas operatives. Hamas responded by launching rockets into Israeli towns.

There was escalating violence throughout November and December.

Israel stated that it was willing to renew the ceasefire on December 13th, provided rocket attacks stopped and Hamas started making an effort to act like a responsible government instead of like a gang of criminals.

Hamas announced on December 20th that they would not be renewing the ceasefire. Instead they further escalated their rocket attacks.

On Christmas day PM Olmert made a broadcast in Arabic to Gazans pleading with them to stop the rocket attacks. This was ignored.

Some say it was done intentionally to antagonise the Palestinians to retalite thereby giving Israel the excuse they wanted to attack.

If you ignore the events leading up to the blockade, the circumstances of the expiration of the ceasefire, and if you reverse the causality and blame the blockades for the rockets, and not the other way round which is in fact the case, then it could look like that. In order to do that you'd have to have been completely ignorant of current events in Israel prior to Operation Cast Lead, and would have to have done all your post-event research on pro-Palestinian (read anti-Israel) websites.

I've decided to send all my money to those poor Israelis who are suffering.

What address I should use.

Although you wrote this with your tongue firmly in your cheek, it is callous and inhuman to ignore the fact that people in Southern Israel have been suffering - emotionally, physically, economically and psychologically.

90% of people in Sderot live in a street that has been hit by a rocket. Pretty much every child has suffered some form of post-traumatic stress and related psychological conditions.

If you really do want to help those people then here is one organisation that is trying to make life better for people in Sderot and nearby towns.

Or you could buy yourself a Sderot Dove, made from the rocket casings.

But I suspect you're just taking the p*ss.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by mattpryor]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join