It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From The Pages Of Batman; Wireless Networks Can See Through Walls For Under $500

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

This is some amazing stuff, and should make most of us wonder at what technology the Government, and the Private Military Industrial Complex have. These two People created for under the cost of most computers, and many modern television sets; what was just done in the latest Batman movie.

I've long been a believer that the MSM, and Hollywood movies are actually used as a disinformation, and dissemination tool. I remember watching in Batman how Morgan Freeman talked about the dangers of the "wireless network all seeing I"; now his words are eerily close to reality.

So, here We've got two dudes who created something absolutely astounding, what else, or better technology does the govt. have?

Peace,

Sancho

See Through Walls Using a Wireless Network
www.sporkings.com...

It is quite simple frankly! Radio signals are sent and received in a wireless network. These signals vary in a predictable way when the volume of space in which they travel changes. Why would the volume of space change? Well, any movement will have this effect regardless if it is a bird, an object, or a person that is moving. Although it is at the beginning, this technology has potential for huge breakthroughs. Its main advantage is cost. While other systems cost over $100,000, this one can cost as little as $500. The second advantage is its simplicity; it is simple to set up, operate, and maintain.

“We envision a building imaging scenario similar to the following. Emergency responders, military forces, or police arrive at a scene where entry into a building is potentially dangerous. They deploy radio sensors around (and potentially on top of) the building area, either by throwing or launching them, or dropping them while moving around the building. The nodes immediately form a network and self-localize, perhaps using information about the size and shape of the building from a database (eg Google maps) and some known-location coordinates (eg using GPS). Then, nodes begin to transmit, making signal strength measurements on links which cross the building or area of interest. The received signal strength measurements of each link are transmitted back to a base station and used to estimate the positions of moving people and objects within the building,”

[edit on 4-10-2009 by sanchoearlyjones]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
If there capable of making this with 500 dollars and limited resources, imagine what the us military has developed.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You see this is the kind of thing I want to have the time and resources to do. Get a random idea and run with it.

This is a pretty kewl tech and I can see how it could be used for good. Of course, it could also be used for a big brother kind of monitoring.. Perhaps someone should come up with an EM shielding as well that would blind this kind of radio detection grid.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man
If there capable of making this with 500 dollars and limited resources, imagine what the us military has developed.

Well this is actually a new application of a principle that has been around for a while (one one that I was shot down in flames for talking about in a thread about a year ago! - they all thought I was talking out of my rear!)

The difference here is that these guys are using the wireless network - but the one I'm thinking of they were actually using the mobile phones microwaves...

Now the scary thing about the mobile phone way is that you would be able to get much more detail - as there are more and more mobile phones you actually get more and more data points - and of course as the transmissions are all digital they are already separated for you even though they all operate on the same frequencies - to do it properly you would need access to the actual network, you would be looking at the digital static, the data that is normally disregarded.

Now this is interesting because while you can do it 'on site' like with the WiFi seeing through walls - but as the information is contained within a network... You guessed it, this little trick can be performed from ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD!!
- seriously!!! How good a surveillance systen is that!!!

And this is a real system! - prob experimental but who knows? - It started when scientists noticed they could see things like heartbeats in this digital static, they though it could be used to locate prople in collapsed building things like that... Then they built on it, threw in some (lots of) computing power and some very complicated maths and voila! They can image any moving object anywhere simply by knowing a few telephone numbers of phones that are in the same room - the more the better!

See I was not crazy!!! - just couldn't find the link at the time!!!

edit: kinda reminiscent of how they view the world through scrolling green code in The Matrix - Hmmmmm.

[edit on 4/10/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I agree with all the above posters. This is some far out stuff. I absolutely believe that the military/govt./spooks have stuff that make the low budget operation in the OP look like child's play.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanchoearlyjones
I agree with all the above posters. This is some far out stuff. I absolutely believe that the military/govt./spooks have stuff that make the low budget operation in the OP look like child's play.

Yes, they have Ultra Wide Band cameras that can see through walls and actually give an image, somewhat like an infra-red camera.

See www.defensereview.com...

There are also methods for detecting stealth planes called passive radar which have been posited as a way of detecting UFOs. Wiki

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

corret. that's most likely the way it is.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alaskan Man

I'll tell you what(and not just the military):
They made one that can detect planes 500 miles away.
They made one that can detect planets millions of light years away.
They made one that can see babies while still in the womb.
They made one that can find land mines.
They made one that can find ships in any part of the sea.

With all the technology and information from all those previous inventions + the technology availabe to us, how come I'm not surprised that someone found a cheap way to make one that finds humans next door?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Even more impressive is this chip: NewScientist Link designed to allow mobile phones to see through walls. The story is from 2000 - I wonder why it didn't actually get implemented?

The device above would make your phone similar to the lifesign scanners you see in SciFi as it should also be able to pick up heart beats.

All the UWB stuff except wireless networks seems to have been kept away from the consumer for some reason. I know UWB radars are installed at airports to pick up locally launched ATA missiles.

[edit on 5/10/2009 by LightFantastic]

new topics

top topics

join