It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial former Japanese finance minister found dead

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Controversial former Japanese finance minister found dead

www.cnn.com

TOKYO, Japan (CNN) -- Former Japanese Finance Minister Shoichi Nakagawa, who resigned from his post after appearing intoxicated at a news conference earlier this year, was found dead in his home Sunday, police said.

The cause of death was not clear and no will was found, police said.

Nakagawa, 56, resigned in February, three days after he appeared intoxicated at the G7 news conference in Rome, Italy. Japan's prime minister quickly appointed Kaoru Yosano, the economics minister, to replace Nakagawa.

Nakagawa's resignation followed an announcement by Japan's main opposition party tha
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is interesting indeed. A censured Japanese Finance Minister forced into retirement for appearing drunk in Rome at a G-7 meeting just happens to end up dead a few months later, with no cause of death listed?

I wonder if this would be the same Japanese Finance Minister who confided supposed secrets about HARRP, and the New World Order Mafia to former Forbe’s Magazine journalist and write Benjamin Fulford?

One might even be suspicious about if this Japanese Finance Minister might have

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

An interesting situation to be sure.

Japan's 13% overall decline in their economy might make being a Finance Minister at a G-7 Conference an unpleasant affair or could there be something more sinister at play with this story?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I can't remember which site I read it on - I think Sky news - nut they said that he appeared to have taken his own life with a pill overdose.

He was pretty fully shamed and that is a really serious thing in Japan, suicide for similar things are pretty common. This one does seem pretty open and shut - but of course this is ATS, so he was probably drugged and then suicide'ed.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

Thanks for posting friend. I know suicide is a rather common form of ritual death in Japan when one feels they have suffered some great shame or caused others to.

Still it seems rather suspicious to say the least considering the financial climate in the world today to have one of the G-7's Finance Ministers die under mysterious circumstances.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It doesn't look like hes intoxicated from alcohol , looks like he's had to many xanax or similar , he can hardly keep his eyes open . perhaps even mdma.
Strange

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Takka
It doesn't look like hes intoxicated from alcohol , looks like he's had to many xanax or similar , he can hardly keep his eyes open . perhaps even mdma.
Strange

It is strange, perhaps he was purposefully drugged so he wouldn't say something too coherent someone or some group feared he might?

Tis a very strange occurence.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I wonder if he is linked to the billions of US bonds that were confiscated from Japanese nationals in Italy on 2 different occasions recently. Maybe he was ready to spill the beans

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Value of Bonds seized in Italy - $134.5 billion

They weren't arrested. They were stopped, the bonds were confiscated, they provided some sort of identification, and went about their merry way.

At least that's the way the stories read.

Who, other than diplomatic staff, can get away with that?

Amount of money left in TARP at the time? - $134.5 billion

Where was Timmy at during this time frame?

WASHINGTON, June 11 (Reuters) - U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner on Friday will meet Japanese Finance Minister Kaoru Yosano and Russian Finance Minister Alexei Kudrin in Italy, the Treasury Department said on Thursday.

The bilateral meetings are part of the Group of Eight finance ministers meeting in Lecce, Italy. The G8 meetings are scheduled for June 12-13.

www.reuters.com...

In 2005:

U.S. TIC data show that during the 12 months ending January 2007, Japanese investors bought just $18.2 billion in Treasury coupons, or approximately $1.5 billion a month, a sharp contrast from the 12 months ending January 2005 when Japanese investors purchased $134.5 billion of U.S. government debt, McCarthy noted.

www.reuters.com...

There has to be something "magic" about that number....

Indonesian forests held 7,000 megatons of carbon sinks with an economic value of about US$134.5 billion. Advanced countries must pay 134.5 billion dollars if they want to prevent Indonesia from releasing 7,000 megatons of carbon into the atmosphere through deforestation and peat land cultivation.

www.antara.co.id...

[edit on 4-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

[edit on 4-10-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I would accept the suicide possibility if it weren't for all of the OTHER financiers that have been falling dead lately.

Like the guy who committed "suicide" in by shooting himself in the head behind a used car lot! (mega-millionaire kills himself behind a car lot and not in his home with a note?)
That was the dude who was president some rockefeller company.

It may have something to do with the bonds issue. Whatever the case may be, I'd bet if you can crack the reasoning behind ONE of them, you'll have the reason for all of them.
Myself, I think they WERE ashamed of their actions and we set to come clean and blow the whistle. Either that or they weren't needed in the big plan anymore and they are just tying up loose ends.

Do you feel that whomever is behind all of this even has a conscience? Are they purely sociopathic? Do they actually believe they are doing these things for the common good?
Evil bastards for sure.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Very curious indeed.
Either way, if this was by his own hand or the hands of others.

I too wonder if the 2 Japanese "looking" men in Italy with the bonds were connected. Hal Turner ran the story on his station, and claimed he had proof that the Japanese Finance Ministry was involved, and the 2 men were employees of the Ministry. See here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hal Turner was then "busted" and then he "sung" and said he was an undercover agent. His defense is still ongoing I believe.

hummm......

[edit on 4-10-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is sounding like a tom clancy novel.If the death had occured anywhere but japan it probably would have gotten a larger conspiracy vote.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RoofMonkey

There are a whole lot of unanswered questions aren't there friend?

145 Billion dollars is a lot to be walking around with! With so many electronic ways to move money around (that leave a trail) it's odd to see someone walking around with that kind of mullah moving it from one place to the next.

You would think there must be some bigger story there than we are being told?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Sorry, but I think you guys are reading WAY too much into this.

home.kyodo.co.jp...

The Metropolitan Police Department said the possibility of suicide was low and ruled out foul play as no note has been discovered at the residence and there were no signs of trouble in his room.
Nakagawa, 56, dressed in a polo shirt and shorts, was lying face down on a bed on the second floor without any apparent external wounds, the police said. His wife found him limp after going to check on him at around 8:15 a.m. as he did not emerge from the room.
She called for an ambulance about five minutes later, and emergency personnel confirmed his death, they said.
The police said they could not determine the cause of death in an initial examination of Nakagawa's body and will conduct an administrative autopsy, not a judicial autopsy as is done in criminal cases.
A senior Liberal Democratic Party lawmaker said the coroners did not observe any evidence of a suicide but decided to do an autopsy as the cause of death was not apparent.
Nakagawa had been taking prescribed sleep-inducing medication, and the police said they will investigate the causal relationship between the drug and his death.

When he stepped down, he was described as "gaffe prone", which is a nice way of saying that he had a habit of saying and doing stupid things. Check his wiki entry for details there. It was widely reported that he had a drinking problem, which led to his drunken press conference and subsequent resignation.

My money is on the cause of death being too much drink and sleeping pills. If it had been suicide, it would be called suicide. The Japanese are not shy about reporting that, nor are the police shy about calling a death suicide.

As far as his death being linked to any kind of conspiracy - I seriously doubt it.

He's one of 5 Ministers of Finance that Japan has had since 2008. There's nothing to suggest that he was powerful enough or influential enough to warrant any kind of assassination at play here - if it had been Omi or Nukaga, maybe - but Nakagawa was only in the position for a few months, and by all accounts was a caretaker at best. Competent, surely - but nothing suggests any kind of radical involvement in any direction. Likewise the odd collection of quotes he leaves behind - mildly nationalist, mildly sexist, but nothing really extreme.

There doesn't seem to be any speculation here in Japan that this could have been anything other than an accidental death. If foul play is ruled out, I can't see any reason to think otherwise.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

You know Jay its very sad! You would think a lot of these people who have been killing them selves lately would have more to live for.

Money, power, fame, that eventual guillotine down the road.

Well, you know except for that last part, they have lots and lots to live for!

new topics

top topics

join