It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you ready for this?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I was reading today about the web-bot, here on another tread and it got me thinking.
It is predicting that we have an economic crash(around the end of Oct. and then more economic problems from early Nov into Dec.)...who has everything ready for it..IE... food, heat source, water, meds and first aid, extra fuel, guns and ammo,and all the other daily things needed to survive for an extended amout of time. The list is rather large for a lot of ATS members.
toothpaste,deodorant,razors(to shave),soap,toilet paper,and laundry saop..the list can go on and on and on.

I ask because if the banks go on a holiday for a week or two...who has the cash right now for getting any last minute items that they need?
What if the stores are closed and the dollar isn't worth anything? You can barter for items needed I know, but really who is gonna give up anything if they have planned and prepaired for this? Alot of people here will have about everything needed for them...

If all of this does happen....when do you stay home and not go to work?
Will your Everyday Carry Bag change? How about the contents inside of it?

I am asking because the last time I looked at the web bot, it predicted an earthquake in the south eastern us....well it was off by less than a week. If you google web bot you should be able to see that what I'm saying is true.
Anyway, I just wanted to put this out there so that hopefully if it happens more are prepaired for it.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Well I didn't need a web bot or time wave to tell me that something like this was coming down the pipe. I actually expected this to happen last year, but someone pulled the emergency chute and slowed our decent. I have been preparing for awhile now, and I am almost there. Looks like just in time too.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm not to sure what the overall consensus is about the validity of webbot but I read a thread not to long ago that really sums up what to expect.www.abovetopsecret.com... Imagine Y2K x 300,000,000 paranoid schizophrenics. Sounds a little extreme I know but when I look around I see about 45% of the population with their heads in the clouds and another 45% with their heads up their ass it is easy for me to visual potential scenarios I actually bought a washboard the other day for the kids' project and thought to myself 'how many people would actually have anything idea how to use this, or make soap or candles for that matter.' I believe this country would look like New Orleans during Katrina, only their would be no help coming. If I am not mistaken the webbot is supposed to be based on the sub-conscience of the internet or something along those lines and I will concede that is has been close on a few occasions but when you have info being live streamed all around the world every millisecond 24-7-365 you already have an atmosphere where foresight to a limited degree can be used to see what domino is going to be falling next week by seeing where it is tumbling now(if that doesn't sound too stupid,lol) It has also dropped the ball quite a bit more than it has been close to spot on.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I don't think you can ever be fully prepared. Mostly becuase we're planning for a massive unknown. We don't know what is going to happen, what it will involve, what people's response will be or how long it will last. It's impossible to prepare for every aspect. That said, those of us that care about this have been peparing for years and we can only hope that if and when the balloon goes up we'll be as prepared as we can be.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I know that the web bot is not 100% ....I just have had a wierd feeling now for the last several months.
I have things I have done, I just wanted to put this out so that if someone was holding off on doing something....well they might do it sooner than later.
Also don't forget to get a hard copy of the "how to" incase the utilities are off for whatever reason.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

I don't think you can ever be fully prepared. ...

I couldn't agree more, when it comes to physical preps.

What is needed is skills. A cast iron gut would help too.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by saltdog

Its hard to know if it's right.

In most cases, I think the webbot is garbage.

But when it comes to things like stocks, it might be spot on. And it might be right here.

We just lost almost a million jobs.

That's not good for the economy.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm sorry for appearing to be the damp squibb here but a little reality is required.

We need to be prepared, yes. What for? Really, who knows, so here's the news...

Sensibly, preferably without the tin foil hat, take a good earnest look around you. Take note of the the possible threats, yes, ALL of them. Now, realistically mark off the threats that may or may not come to pass in the near future, the far future, etc..

My advice, for what it's worth, is to assess near and present threats and prepare accordingly. To be fair the complete and utter breakdown of society, a.k.a. teotwawki, is not going to happen anytime soon. If you can assess risks for realistic occurrences then there is a good chance that, not only will you be prepared for that eventuality, but also in the event of the worst case all the other preps you've been carrying out will actually stand you in good stead.

The good news is the "sheep" will probably think you're an okay kind of guy too.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Nirgal]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think the thing is, that people have a sixth sense that something is about to happen. You can feel it. Its in the air. I did a poll on facebook, and 75% of the people said they could feel it coming as well. What ever it is do your best to be prepared.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
My preparation was pretty simple. I moved out of the US. I now live in a beautiful small pacific country that is for the most part self sustaining. My US dollars got me a house at the sea. The climate does not require A/C or heating. All of my water is collected from the roof and stored in a huge concrete tank in my back yard. So.. worse comes to worse I have a huge water supply, a small generator with plenty of fuel, a wood burning stove and fishing equipment. You are not being forced to live in the USA. If you have I.T. or Medical skills countless countries will gladly take you on board. I chose not o sit around waiting for the imminent riots & chaos that is about to ensue -followed by a 3rd world status. I got myself and family out of there and to a nice land. We've been happy for 8yrs now, I feel for those who are trapped but keep all options on the table, you may have a way out, don't be scared..

top topics

join