It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contact with spirits inbetween awake and sleep?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I've had my fair share of lucid dreams and OBE's but every now and then I find that just before or during sleep paralysis I'm able to tune in and hear people talking in whispers. This morning I was in this state and I felt a bit of a presence over my right shoulder which got stronger and stronger the more I 'tuned' in and instead of fighting it off I calmly whispered 'who is it?' and it was a youngish girl but I've forgotten her name. I asked.. 'what year is it?' and got a reply '1825'. She then stringed together several full sentences but again I've forgotten the details.

A little later I had this really lucid dream where I was on our street and everything was different but the streets that led off where in the same places but the road itself looked like it was made of a different material. The cars looked the same but more shiny and modern and there wasn't any houses, but really stylish looking flats instead which looked like nothing I've ever seen. The people looked the same but weren't wearing branded clothing or anything and instead there clothes where all in the same colour and plain looking. I walked over to 2 people stood near by and asked 'what year is this?' they looked at me a little confused and said '114' I floated over to someone else and asked what year it was and he said the same '114'.. I said I'm from 2009, they looked confused and I woke up.

My dad has been telling me a few of his dreams recently one especially about being on a giant ferris wheel at the fair and he said I was hanging out of the car clinging onto his arm. As he was telling me about it, it reminded me of a dream I'd had only a few days before where I was on a giant ferris wheel holding onto the bars of the car itself (not my dads hand) and I was obviously really scared that I was gonna fall out completely. I never mentioned anything to my dad but that's pretty strange..

I'm gonna start keeping a dream/obe journal I think. I should of done it a long time ago really.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Look up 'old hag syndrome' and 'hypnagogic'.

I once had sleep paralysis.

I felt someone sit on the edge of the bed and then heard evil demonic laughing sounds, pretty scary.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Just as i'm dropping off to sleep I sometimes here voices, only only once did I try and contact back.
Problem is I awoke and and heard nothing after that.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Between sleep and awake, you can get sleep paralysiss. It can involve hallucinations, like voices or visuals. As a Child I use to get night terrors, hallucaating the room gettng further away and recently I heard a voice say "you have done nothihng wrong" that iI attriuted to god.... it isn't naything to worry abut. the human mind is a curious organ. have faith in it and it will be good. ( excuse me spelling i drank too much i thinK)

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm always curious about things like this, and have had my own share of experiences. It's very easy to hear the explanations of "oh, it's this syndrome" or "it's a sleep disorder", but always remember that those are only possible explanations for occurances that happen during a state we know precious little about. We don't understand dreams, what causes them, why we can't remember them, anything really. All we know is that dreams are an unexplaned and unknown phenomenon that pretty much everybody experiences.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Google this phrase "waking morning whispers"

enjoy!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I actually use to hear voices ALOT before falling alsleep. It was mostly someone calling my name really loud. I would lay down, and all of a sudden, just like there was a person screaming in my ear next to me, I heard "JESSICA!!!" And it would startle me quite a bit. And the thing is, my ear actually hurt after.

I would hear whispers every so often but before I could talk back, I would drift into sleep or wake up.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Possibly different realities, could of been anything. I've had some great dreams. I have this one that welcomes me back every time I have it, and I have it once a year. I can't remember it right now though.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing! I've also had this happen now and then.

I'm easily able to do channeling; I think they may be tied together in some way.

You might want to Google "bardo" or bardo state as well. It's a Buddhist term for the state between life/death, dream/awake, etc. It means 'between' if I recall, but may shed some light into crossovers between what we consider normal and not-so-normal =p

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
yeah i have sleep paraylsis, very weird stuff. Sometimes it seems like someone (spirit) wants me to get to that point for communication. I have had S.P. and the more I try to move it gets impossible and when I just relax and dont get scared I can move around, see, and communicate through throughts and colors in my mind. Sounds crazy I know, but this is definately cool stuff and just makes you really think whats around you while your awake. Not only is your mind/conciousness a thing, its also a location where people can communicate and live.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by Clarky
I'm gonna start keeping a dream/obe journal I think. I should of done it a long time ago really.

Sounds like a great idea.

I've found keeping a journal of experiences helps keep them from nagging at the back of my mind and sometimes yields personal insights/revelations several days/months/years later.

Experience Jounals....

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

new topics

top topics

join