It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC's Matthews tells (D) Grayson, "you're on the right track"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
In case you forgot, Rep Grason held up a sign claiming "Republicans want you to die quickly". In his "apology", he claimed that Republicans are presiding over a holocaust on Americans.

Now on to Matthews:

Apparently only liberals care about equality and liberty for all people. Also notice the blatant double standard. It just goes to show how many left wingers in the media think they have their own set of rules. Matthews tells Grayson, "you're on the right track". Yet, he spent a week attacking Wilson as a racist, portrayed protesters as angry hate mobs and called "death panels" right wing lies.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
A big difference between Grayson and Wilson. Wilson heckled Obama during a presidential address. Never before done in our 200+ year history. Grayson in turn was given the floor to make his statements, nor did he call out any one individual. One person made his statements under protocol and one did not. No similarities here.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

While young, my mother always told me, "a rose is a rose..." as I'm sure most of your own mothers said the same.

As I got older she would follow up with, "ya know, honey, you should know who to be sceptical of...and it's not the ones at the end of the pointed finger"

Finally, she explained the psychololgy behind it all. Or, at least tried to present it in a way that I'd best understand; as she always did. I can only hope that I'll explain it the same.

Up to this point, in my upbringing, I simply recall 'words' or 'phrases" that were sung to me, for the sake of 'learning my lesson' or when the 'shoe' clearly was only on my foot.

This must have been a turning point in my maturing, because this is about the time my memories turn from poetic phrases to thought experiences. As, I'm sure, I'd come to realize that words/phrases just weren't as important as the lesson I'm learn; therefore, my mother was keen to this and adapted her mother-knows-all-philosophy in such a way, that to this day I believe her to be the smartest person on Earth!

So, here it is...

"Sweetheart, you really want to know the theory of accusation? The real reason for finger pointing and rumor-milling?"

Okay here it is....and it's really quite simple...

"You smelt it? You delt it!"

[edit on 4-10-2009 by SourGrapes]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
A big difference between Grayson and Wilson. Wilson heckled Obama during a presidential address. Never before done in our 200+ year history. Grayson in turn was given the floor to make his statements, nor did he call out any one individual. One person made his statements under protocol and one did not. No similarities here.

Its not just Wilson though. I gave other examples of the hypocrisy and posted a video. Apparently hyperbole and mud slinging is ok, as long as you're a liberal Democrat. Chris goes after anyone who criticizes or attacks Obama/Democrats. Yet its "on the right track" when Democrats do it. Can you explain that?

reply to post by SourGrapes

I understand what you're saying and I'm not denying that this type of mud slinging comes from both sides. What I'm pointing out is how the media (minus Fox) is completely hypocritical in their attacks on Republicans and the right of this country. Sure, Fox does it too, but they are one network. I'm more worried about the much more dominant left wing media and Holylwood.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Chris Matthews apparently wasn't kidding about being on the right track and MSNBC is starting to use this rhetoric in their "reporting".

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I LOVE Alan Grayson! This country needs more people that are willing to stand up and say it like it is!

Alan Grayson: A Democratic Star is Born

"What America wants is health care reform," he continued. "America doesn't care if it gets 51 votes in the Senate or 60 votes in the Senate or 83 votes in the Senate. In fact, America doesn't even care about that, it doesn't care about that at all."

Grayson also had harsh words for Republicans who want him to apologize for saying their party wants sick people to die quickly. "I will not apologize for a simple reason: America doesn't care about your feelings," he said. "But America does care about health care. If you're against it, then get out of the way. Just get out of the way."

Read more at: Source

I can't say enough good about this guy! He is definitely on the right track!

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

um......were you being sarcastic?
I hope so

top topics

join