It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Tropical Storms and a Super Typhoon right now in the Pacific

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Just saw on hisz.rsoe.hu... 2 Tropical Storms and a Super Typhoon in the Pacific Ocean one of the ones which has devastated Philippines.
Tropical Storm 2 looks like its on a path with the Super Typhoon. Is it possible for these 2 storms to merge? would it form something catastrophic?
Image of the path of the storms.
[[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c7fd965246ef.jpg[/atsimg]
Edit Smaller pic

Also dose anyone know where we could view a Satellite pic of the Super Typhoon that would be awesome to see

[edit on 4/10/2009 by wycky]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well a 6.6 magnitude earthquake just hit the Philippines as well:

earthquake.usgs.gov...

...so I suppose the real news is what's NOT happening within the Asia/Pacific region right now. Is there anything not happening? A volcano perhaps.

[edit on 4/10/09 by Evasius]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Wow that sux, i guess a Earth Quake could trigger a Volcano?

I just took a screen shot on Google Earth

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39257eee531d.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Did you notice the depth on that earthquake? 391.8 miles! I can't remember ever seeing one that deep. Anyone?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Here you go! Hopefully Melor will tend toward the models forecast and die down before landfall.

Storm-centered IR view: Melor IR.

Western Pacific - visible loop

West Pac - AVN IR loop

West Pac water vapor

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus

Here you go! Hopefully Melor will tend toward the models forecast and die down before landfall.

Storm-centered IR view: Melor IR.

Western Pacific - visible loop

West Pac - AVN IR loop

West Pac water vapor

Awesome, thanks for the links

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by wycky

wow! the philippines and indonesia seem to be taking the brunt of natural disasters this past couple years...what's up with that?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
wow there is a chance that it could come back

The state weather bureau warned that the worst may not be over, as typhoon Melor, lying some 2,000 kilometres to the east in the Pacific Ocean, may suck Parma back to the country.

"It is possible that it (Parma) will make U-turn and will hit Luzon again," forecaster Nathaniel Cruz said, adding that Parma was already "interacting" with Melor, preventing it from moving farther out to sea.

The toll in Vietnam from Ketsana jumped to 162 on Sunday with hundreds more injured, an official said, adding urgency to a Red Cross appeal launched to help more than 200,000 storm victims.

Another 13 people remain missing and 616 are injured, said the official from the national flood and storm control committee in Hanoi.

An estimated three million people in Vietnam have been affected by Ketsana, said the Red Cross, which on Friday launched an international appeal for 4.75 million US dollars to help 210,000 of the neediest victims.

www.channelnewsasia.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

holy crap... i have a thread called "the pacific is mad" that talks about all these recent natural distasters goin down in the pacific.. the only thing misseg is a volcano... nothing else left... they got typhoons, quakes, tsunamis.... why so active? wth is goin on?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If you look back through the historical record, you'll find I think, that these things run in cycles, not to mention the Pacific Basin is a monstrously huge place...bound to be lots goin' on there at any one time. Though I agree that it does seem Indonesia is getting more than it's fair share lately...

top topics

join