It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anyone watchingThe Full Moon tonight? - October 4th

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Sadly, it's been raining here in Dallas for the last two days. I love walking in the moonlight.

All this talk of how bright it is reminds me of the classic SF story, "Inconstant Moon", by Larry Niven.

Enjoy!

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I watched it rise this evening, huge and golden on the horizon. Amazing.

Then I read your thread and went out for another look. Holy cannoli! That's one bright moon. And the naked-eye detail is stunning! Wish I had a telescope.

Thanks for the motivation to get outside and appreciate it.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I love the harvest moon, it's too cloudy here to see it tonight but when I was younger and my grandparents mantained a farm we'd always have a night time picnic by the light of the harvest moon. The need for harvesting had passed but the tradition remained in the family for some years after the practice had become obsolete. Good stuff there guys.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I think the real question is:

Will the moon be watching you?

:::Twilight Zone theme::: ;P

~G

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Ive been looknig at it, here in osuthwest CT since about 1 30 am...and the title of this post is appropriate
it so SO beutiful thier does indeed seem to be some kinda power along with it..it had that eerie beuty glow and shine too it! kinda like it was a halloween ngiht moon
I have not seen a beutiful harvest moon like this, since 1993..

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I spent about an hour gazing at the craters and features of the moon through my shabby binoculars. I used to take midnight moonlight drives in the countryside with the top down and headlights off on nights like that. It gets so bright, you really don't need them until another car shows up on the horizon. Then you turn them on out of courtesy.

But this year the light cloud cover kept it too dark for me to comfortably shut off the headlights with enough visibility to confidently spot potential hazards.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jar11

3am i was walking around the neighborhood as i couldn't sleep. The moon was so bright that the streetlights really didn't need to be on. Really beautiful moon.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Just look at this image now that is beautiful.

HARVEST MOONBOWS: This weekend's Harvest Moon mesmerized onlookers with its luminous beauty. In Missouri Valley, Iowa, photographer Mike Hollingshead managed to tear his eyes away for a moment and he discovered an even better show behind his back:

From spaceweather.com...

THANKYOU

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mars1

WOW

that's really awesome

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

The word lunatic comes from the Latin word Luna for Moon. Ask any night nurse at any hospital and they will tell you the full moon affects patient and visitor behavior...and not in a good way! Many scientific studies agree, citing increases in car accidents, births, psychiatric admissions, E.R. visits, murders, etc. Many of us come to work in awe of the beautiful moon that seemed to follow us there, exchanging views on how darn beautiful it was...then we make sure we have plenty of restraints handy for the long night ahead!! p.s. To Soylent Green Is People: Love, love, love your name!!!!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join