It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight U.S. troops killed in east Afghan battle

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
As I said before, they don't recognize borders. Did I say that? I think I did, any ways, they got families both in Pakistan and in Afghanistan.

Well the Government of Afghanistan with the support of most the regional Chieftains don't want the Taliban in their country.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I see you do not. Perhaps a little less propaganda and hate, and a little more education would do you some good. Perhaps you should read section III-
link

I take it if the Taliban had won the election, you would say it was legitimate? Can you point me to the UN resolution condemning the mission in Afghanistan?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Alexander died in babylon I believe.
As long as Pakistan harbors the mujadheen there is a major problem
y

reply to post by star in a jar

link   

reply to post by MikeboydUS

Frankenstein

Demonizing your enemies, see what I mean? My point have been proven here and everyone can see it for future reference

What else are you going to call the monster that the ISI created? Winnie the Pooh?

Here's some interesting news.
Pakistan is in real bad position. They have blown their side of the deal,

Billions in US aid never reached Pakistan army

...only $500 million of the $6.6 billion in American aid actually made it to the Pakistani military...

news.yahoo.com...

They have failed in their portion of the War. Now they are faced with a monster that will destabilize the country. It will only be a matter of time before us or India (maybe both) will have to go in and clean up.

The only reason Islamabad didn't vanish into a radiance of thousand suns after 9-11, is because Musharraf promised full and unequivocal support. For 8 years they squandered over 6 billion dollars. For 8 years elements of the Pakistani government have harbored Al Qaeda members.

So what do you think? Should we have ignored their begging and pleading after 9-11 and responded to the violation of our sovereignty? Should we respond now after 8 years of lies and broken promises? Or should we just all have a beer at the whitehouse?

link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Well the Government of Afghanistan with the support of most the regional Chieftains doesn't want the Taliban in their country.

Good point, but it is not about wanting them or not, as I said before, in another discussion that everyone is called Taliban. I know most don't want the Taliban, but ultimately it is not about the Taliban. Even the Taliban has accepted the fact that not everyone wants them in Afghanistan.

Even Hezb-e-Islami which was against Taliban but fighting America is called Taliban's closest allies when that is not true. That is like Al-Qaeda, anyone fighting America in international level is called Al-Qaeda allies even if they don't like each other. I guess that was the reason behind the Iraq invasion. Since Saddam didn't like America, Al-Qaeda didn't like America, oooh simple logic, they must be in bed with each other...

Hezb-e-Islami is comprised of many ethnicity even individuals from south of Panjshare (Kuhistan). Panjshare was the stronghold of Massoud, funnily this group even has supporters from his area.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:59 PM
link   

LOL the country destabilized because of American invasion of Afghanistan. Everyone knows that, how can you not see the connection

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by oozyism

I see you do not. Perhaps a little less propaganda and hate, and a little more education would do you some good. Perhaps you should read section III-
link

I take it if the Taliban had won the election, you would say it was legitimate? Can you point me to the UN resolution condemning the mission in Afghanistan?

The first step to war is demonizing your enemies, doing that you persuade not just your army but also all the bystanders to accept the slaughter of Thousands of people.

Even when Americans were fighting Americans (the American Civil war), they preached each other hatred against the enemy, lies, mixed with truth, mixed with a whole pile of lies. So please try to open your eyes at least alittle bit.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Are you really pro Taliban? Or simply Anti-US?

Because to tell the truth I have more respect for the Taliban in doing something they believe in whether right or wrong instead of somebody who just badmouths the US becuase it's fashionable.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

What concerns me about your posts here and on other topics is that you present one side of the coin. I.E. Anti American or anti soldiger, well ats allows you to further your propaganda and if it sees fit to so be it. However there are those of us that can see thru your facade for what you really are. Ignorant but that is just my opinion of most of your posts on this topic.
Please I am asking you to sale your snake oil ells ware because we are not buying it.

I will pray for the soldier’s families. It is a sad day when good men and women die.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by ashnomadonte]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by Jakes51

Do you know the definition of the word occupation? Has the government of Afghanistan asked the US and NATO forces to leave? Is the mission in Afghanistan not sanctioned by the UN?

Yes, I know what occupation means, but do you? When I see armed foreign troops on patrol out my front window, and in my neighborhood, I call it an occupation, regardless of government approval or UN mandate. You mean, has Hamid Karzai asked the US and Nato to leave? What government do you speak of? I am with the understanding that there is apparently no government there of any worth or administrative sense.

Back to Karzai, he would be stupid to make overtures to the United States and Nato to leave, since they are his security blanket and political bread and butter. However, if the US were to leave in would be ousted in an instant. His political survival is intrinsically linked to the US/Nato. He lusts for power like any man, and would whore himself for it, like he has of late.

So maybe the mission is sanctioned by the UN, but come on, eight years and nothing of any substance. At least the poppy harvest is coming in full steam ahead. I find that to be a murky matter as well, because the bi-product of that, is most assuredly, dispersed on American streets. As Americans get their fix; they are indirectly supporting our enemy with the proceeds. Bin Laden is still on the lam, and now the blow-back from operations in Afghanistan, has entered Pakistan with the recent events in the Swat Valley and the potential for fanatics to seize a nuclear arsenal. So, yes, I have my objections and doubts about this venture. I hope I am wrong, but at the rate things are going, it is going to become a nightmare.

[edit on 5-10-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

LOL the country destabilized because of American invasion of Afghanistan. Everyone knows that, how can you not see the connection

The country destabilized because the Pakistani government did not allow the Pakistani army do its job. Try reading the article. We gave them 6 billion dollars to crush the Taliban and they only used $500 million for the military.

We would of been better off not giving them anything, but making an example out of them. We could of given the 6 billion to the Indian peacekeepers and UN humanitarian workers who would of came in the aftermath.

[edit on 5/10/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I see you also do not know anything about the Civil War. There was no demonizing of the enemy- at least not as a rule. The Civil War was led by civilized officers and generals- most of whom went to school together at West Point. I guess the madrassa didn't cover American history?

Reading the Koran, and knowing the enemy are devout followers of it has made me understand the enemy and come to accept the 'slaughter' of 1000's.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by oozyism

Are you really pro Taliban? Or simply Anti-US?

Because to tell the truth I have more respect for the Taliban in doing something they believe in whether right or wrong instead of somebody who just badmouths the US becuase it's fashionable.

Should I count how many time I tell you this slayer lol

X3

Seriously? You are once more insulting my intelligence. See I force my self to defend every side, that is justice. Everyone has the right to a lawyer, now slayer if you are willing to be a lawyer for everyone and not just for some, you will be able to rid your self as far from propaganda as possible. If you understand that then you are worth it.

If you decide to be a lawyer for one side and only one side, that is something you will regret. I have been doing this for a long time, and I have learned a lot in the process.

In the end it is your choice.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   

OK let's make this simple:

Was Pakistan stable before the American invasion of Afghanistan?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by oozyism

What concerns me about your posts here and on other topics is that you present one side of the coin. I.E. Anti American or anti soldiger, well ats allows you to further your propaganda and if it sees fit to so be it. However there are those of us that can see thru your facade for what you really are. Ignorant but that is just my opinion of most of your posts on this topic.
Please I am asking you to sale your snake oil ells ware because we are not buying it.

I will pray for the soldier’s families. It is a sad day when good men and women die.

If you think I'm propaganda than let's have an official debate.

Let everyone decide, you bring your evidence, I bring mine:

Do they still have the debate section?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Oh this does not bode well for you, however if you would like to debate me on the virtues of Islam vs. the western ideals or something of the like I would very much enjoy it.

You pick the topic and we should find a moderator and we shall have us a debate sir.

EDIT TO ADD:I work the mid shift so no debate during the day Central time. And please u2u me with the details

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

OK let's make this simple:

Was Pakistan stable before the American invasion of Afghanistan?

Thats using false logic and you should know that.

Now who is really being objective here?

[edit on 5/10/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

OK...

So we are arrogant Americans who invaded Afghanistan for their oil. Oh wait there is no oil. We invaded for it's rich natural resources. Oh wait there are none. We invaded becuase the CIA wanted their poppy fields. Oh wait they are in the Taliban hands. We invaded becuase of propaganda. Oh wait they haven't REALLY said why we are there.

Except this whole Al Qaeda thing.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by oozyism

Oh this does not bode well for you, however if you would like to debate me on the virtues of Islam vs. the western ideals or something of the like I would very much enjoy it.

You pick the topic and we should find a moderator and we shall have us a debate sir.

EDIT TO ADD:I work the mid shift so no debate during the day Central time. And please u2u me with the details

Islam vs. the western ideals
I will choose your topic, I agree, time to find a MOD...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

ZZZ common man, you were talking about all those pipelines and crap last time and now you forgot it

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join