It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight U.S. troops killed in east Afghan battle

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by oozyism

We have plans to invade New Zealand, heck we have CONPLANs to fight the entire planet. In no way, shape or form does that somehow justify the attacks of 9-11.

No you are an empire, you want resources, WTF will you find in NZ? Just hills and sea and more sea. Probably if you like whales like Japanese you will find a means of invading NZ other than that...

[edit on 4-10-2009 by oozyism]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
The Northern alliance then just fought their own people after the fact?

Come on....you say we are ignorant look in the mirror.
Pakistan is fighting them becuase they are a threat within their own borders. Don't try to shine excrement.

Anyone can be labeled as a threat, and who called you ignorant? I call you guys arrogant since you are citizens of the most powerful nations (assuming), thinking you can do what ever you want and get away with it. Mix that with ignorance, a very f'ed up force to deal with.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

reply to post by oozyism

You say people have the right to fight to defend themselves if their homeland is attacked, but yet say the United States can't do that very thing.

That makes absolutely no sense.

When did I say that?

Who invaded your country?

Our nation's central military command center was attacked by foreign jihadists. Even though more people died in the World Trade Centers, the attack on the Pentagon represents something far worse in terms of violating a nation's sovereignty.

You think we should just submit to that?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Correct me if I'm wrong here....

Are Muslim's indigenous to New Zealand?

Who's the foreigner there again?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Our nation's central military command center was attacked by foreign jihadists. Even though more people died in the World Trade Centers, the attack on the Pentagon represents something far worse in terms of violating a nation's sovereignty.

You think we should just submit to that?

And you send your drones to kill innocent people in Pakistan violating a nation's sovereignty, you don't see Pakistan invading America do you?

That is why I stated I'm here to create balance between the two forces in battle.

9/11 wasn't the beginning of America atrocities across Muslim world, there is hundreds of other reason Jihadists use to justify there attacks against the US.

Once again America was planning to invade Afghanistan even prior to 9/11, that is exactly why there is so many conspiracy theories out there trying to understand who was behind it. The evidence your government provided just doesn't add up.

America spends trillions in defense, you think the poorest nation on earth can manage such an attack? Wakeup..

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Democracy...

The US isn't forcing Democracy. I can see them encouraging it, but not forcing it. In order to force it, the US would have to take over the whole country and indoctrinate it into living a Western lifestyle.

The government may take after the form of an American government. But the Afghans will make the decision on what laws their people will have to abide by. Afghanistan will never be a United States no matter how hard we try.

All the US cares about is that the Afghan government becomes a government with which the US can deal with on a daily basis. A government that they trade with. A government that they no longer have to worry about when it comes to harboring terrorists.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

reply to post by oozyism

Correct me if I'm wrong here....

Are Muslim's indigenous to New Zealand?

Who's the foreigner there again?

It is a multicultural society, White, Maori, Samoan, Tongan, Fijian, middle eastern, heaps of Asians, even Americans....

I see a point coming my way, OK I will eagerly wait

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by oozyism

Democracy...

The US isn't forcing Democracy. I can see them encouraging it, but not forcing it. In order to force it, the US would have to take over the whole country and indoctrinate it into living a Western lifestyle.

The government may take after the form of an American government. But the Afghans will make the decision on what laws their people will have to abide by. Afghanistan will never be a United States no matter how hard we try.

All the US cares about is that the Afghan government becomes a government with which the US can deal with on a daily basis. A government that they trade with. A government that they no longer have to worry about when it comes to harboring terrorists.

Yeah try telling your self that..

I will go eat now...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Anyone can be labeled as a threat,

No they are called the Taliban and they are a force that needs to be dealt with. If they are Afghan freedom fighters then what the hell are they doing in Pakistan?

Troops kill nine Taliban in Swat

* Security forces arrest 24 Taliban, another 26 surrender to troops

By Ghulam Farooq

MINGORA: The army has killed nine more Taliban – including three key commanders –in the ongoing military operation in Swat, said officials on Sunday.

According to the Swat Media Centre, six Taliban – including three commanders identified as Kota Younas, Noor Amin and Fazal Rabi – were killed in a clash with troops in Banjar village.

Troops also killed three Taliban in Bazdara area of Malakand. A lashkar member was also killed in Bazdara.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Afghanistan didn't attack the US. Jihadist terror networks did. Afghanistan was in the middle of a civil war between the Northern Alliance and the Taliban.

A Taliban supported by Pakistani ISI. I saw first hand how "helpful" the Pakistanis were when I was in Afghanistan. Their government works with us because they have no choice ( we would of left their country a radioactive waste had they not) and they have created a Jihadist Frankenstein that now threatens the stability of their own country. Elements of the Pakistani government are still a threat. They are caught between a rock and a hard place.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

It is a multicultural society, White, Maori, Samoan, Tongan, Fijian, middle eastern, heaps of Asians, even Americans....

I see a point coming my way, OK I will eagerly wait

And Japanese another Asian Pacific race like the Maori's, Tongans and Samoans.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Anyone can be labeled as a threat,

No they are called the Taliban and they are a force that needs to be dealt with. If they are Afghan freedom fighters then what the hell are they doing in Pakistan?

Troops kill nine Taliban in Swat

* Security forces arrest 24 Taliban, another 26 surrender to troops

By Ghulam Farooq

MINGORA: The army has killed nine more Taliban – including three key commanders –in the ongoing military operation in Swat, said officials on Sunday.

According to the Swat Media Centre, six Taliban – including three commanders identified as Kota Younas, Noor Amin and Fazal Rabi – were killed in a clash with troops in Banjar village.

Troops also killed three Taliban in Bazdara area of Malakand. A lashkar member was also killed in Bazdara.

These are clans, they don't recognize borders, if you F with one of them you F with all of them. They are huge, they are even in Pakistani Military and in ISI. Their population goes as far as India.

All they want to do is live there own way of life, but America won't let them. Remember Pakistan didn't want to start a war against its own citizens but America forced them to. That area was autonomous, they followed their own way of life.

Blasts hit Pakistan's northwest

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Of course any country has the right to defend itself when attacked. However, I have been on the fence with the official story of who was behind the attack in the first place, but that is for another time. However, the US and it's allies have been in Afghanistan since 2001, and what inroads have they made? Can any list any, and not petty improvements, but ones, of substance? I can't think of any on the top head. I know some will say that the Afghan's just went out and voted recently. What exactly were they voting for? Juiced in cronies with hidden allegiances to the US and the occupiers, instead of Afghanistan first, and the occupiers second.

Remember, the US/Nato are guests in that country, and of the Afghan people. If they can adhere to that simple reality, maybe some of their military objectives can be met and that is when the US actually has them. At present, I am unclear on what those objectives actually are? I want to see clear military objectives, because any long occupations throughout history have ended badly. Plus, the soldiers start making mistakes, because of yearnings of home, and it is the civilian populace that suffer the brunt. How do they refer to the psychological affects of long extended combat tours? Oh yeah, shell shock or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

Afghanistan is becoming like a viper coiled ready to strike. It sits in wait and it is only a matter of time before it bites and exudes its poisonous venom on its victim, thus, debilitating them. That will be the outcome, if the US and its allies aren't careful. To put things into perspective, the US has been their for almost a decade now and yet the Afghan's have no running water, are living in huts, government corruption, and a of a bunch of foreign troops standing over their shoulder's breathing heavy. It is the perfect storm for a costly military venture.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by Jakes51]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

Frankenstein

Demonizing your enemies, see what I mean? My point have been proven here and everyone can see it for future reference

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And white, American, European, I have a neighbor from Denmark

Great country to live in that's my point...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

All they want to do is live there own way of life, but America won't let them. Remember Pakistan didn't want to start a war against its own citizens but America forced them to. That area was autonomous, they followed their own way of life.

Well which is it?

Are the Taliban Afghan freedom fighters or are they Pakistani? Because if they are Pakistani then you can't say they are fighting foreigners when they themselves are foreigners to Afghanistan in which case they are doing exactly the same as you are saying the US is doing and that's interfering in another country.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Afghanistan is becoming like a viper coiled ready to strike. It sits in wait and it is only a matter of time before it bites and exudes its poisonous venom on its victim, thus, debilitating them. That will be the outcome, if the US and its allies aren't careful. To put things into perspective, the US has been their for almost a decade now and yet the Afghan's have no running water, are living in huts, government corruption, and a of a bunch of foreign troops standing over their shoulder's breathing heavy. It is the perfect storm for a costly military venture.

Demonizing your enemy, my point still stands.

My job in ATS is to look through all the war propaganda and try to grasp the truth.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Well which is it?

Are the Taliban Afghan freedom fighters or are they Pakistani? Becuase if they are Pakistani then you can say they are fighting foreigners when they themselves are foreigners to Afghanistan in which case they are doing exactly the same as you are saying the US id doing and that's interfering in another country.

Nice one

As I said before, they don't recognize borders. Did I say that? I think I did, any ways, they got families both in Pakistan and in Afghanistan.

America = another continent.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

Do you know the definition of the word occupation? Has the government of Afghanistan asked the US and NATO forces to leave? Is the mission in Afghanistan not sanctioned by the UN?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by Jakes51

Do you know the definition of the word occupation? Has the government of Afghanistan asked the US and NATO forces to leave? Is the mission in Afghanistan not sanctioned by the UN?

Yeah like America will allow such a government to form...

We all know both elections were fraudulent.

Anyone who would ask America to leave wouldn't be allowed to run for election in the first place. Those people are being killed in the name of terrorism

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join