It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of course, I was only dreaming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Awakening, there was a great urge to go downstairs. I removed my blanket, which was tangled between my legs, and stood up. I felt very light, and there was a small, pinprick of pressure in my head. No pain, just pressure I could feel.

I opened my door to the scent of freshly baked blueberry pie. As I walk across the loft, I hold on to the railing, as my balance was thrown off by how light I felt. I felt as if I could jump to the moon.

I walk down the stairs, and I see my mother sitting in her recliner, playing Sudoku. She looks at me, a mist-like cloud covering only her eyes, and she smiles quickly, and then returns her concentration to her Sudoku.

As I enter the kitchen, I see that there is nothing left of the pie but crumbs. Slightly grumpy, I go to the bathroom and relieve myself, brush my teeth, and shower. The water feels very hot, though I have it on the coldest setting. The pressure is low, which results in my shower taking longer than usual.

Around twenty minutes later, I exit the bathroom and go back into the living room, where my mother is in her recliner. She looks up at me, smiles, cloud still covering her eyes only, and then returns to her game.

I look up, and through the skylights I can see that the sky is a reddish-brown color, and the clouds are dark gray, though thin and translucent.

I walk to the front door, unlock it, and open it. As I step outside, I feel a steady wind hitting my face. I close the door, and I sit down on one of the porch chairs. I open my cigarette pack and take out two, putting one behind my left ear and the other between my lips.

I light the cigarette between my lips and place my pack and the lighter down on the porch railing. I look up into the sky, and I see that the clouds are moving very fast, about as fast as the wind is moving. The sky is still red, all over, and the clouds still thin and translucent.

I can feel a presence that is unknown, and begin to feel anxious. It is as if something is looking for me, and I know that they are looking for me.

As I focus on one of the trees in my front yard, I begin to notice certain objects on my property glitching, as if I were in a matrix. My truck, for an instant, lay sideways, then fixed itself. A lizard began to fly through the air until it realized that it had no wing, resulting in it's fall back to the ground. The sky turned blue for a split-second, and then went back to reddish-brown.

I stand, and return inside, closing and locking the front door behind me. My dog walks up to me and smiles, wagging her tail. Her eyes are also covered with some sort of hazy cloud.

Something about the eyes made me want to scream in fear.

I begin walking up the stairs, and my mother shouts at me in unintelligible speech. I look at her, and she is focused on her game. She then looks at me, smiles, and then returns to her game once more.

I continue my way upstairs, then across the loft into my room, where I close and lock the door.

I lay down, close my eyes, and reawaken in my room as if nothing had ever happened.

And that's what happens when I leave my room during a dream.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:32 AM
link   
And on that note, I'm going back to sleep.

Have a good night, ATS. I'll see you in the morning.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Your dream sounds more like a good acid trip.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spinsta
Your dream sounds more like a good acid trip.

Sometimes you should not read after a few words. You never know who is writing on the other end.

Listen to yourself, and be careful what you read sometimes.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Spinsta

Welcome to my life.

Second line.

top topics

join