It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Self-Fulfilling Prophecy of 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I start this thread as a reminder of one simple thing:

We create this reality.

All your attitudes, thoughts and feelings about 2012, are also creating reality, and influencing how that time will finally unfold.

Will it be peaceful, or violent?

Will love prevail, or fear?

Will people be brought together as family, or divided like strangers?

I ask you all this, since it is in your hands.

Thank you, and please, choose love.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
2012 is just a new age from the mayan calender. Whoever says the world is going to end by nuclear holocaust or total destruction of earth are just creating propaganda.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

We create this reality.

All your attitudes, thoughts and feelings about 2012, are also creating reality, and influencing how that time will finally unfold.

Will it be peaceful, or violent?

Will love prevail, or fear?

Will people be brought together as family, or divided like strangers?

I ask you all this, since it is in your hands.

Thank you, and please, choose love.

I agree with what you say, but like in that movie 'Knowing' there will likely be a cosmic type of catastrophe which not much can be done. As people/humans, you are right, are attitudes, thoughts and feelings will determine if we go to World War 3 soon or not or whether we choose to create peace and love. Because when it comes down to it, a greater force will change all of humanity.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I disagree. I don't create my reality.

I live each day working, loving my family. I have nothing to do with making the big world go bad.

I can't walk on water, raise the dead, speak in foreign tongues. Heck, I have a hard time with complex math.

Do you actually believe that you create reality?

Pretty big assumption.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stargate2012

I agree with what you say, but like in that movie 'Knowing' there will likely be a cosmic type of catastrophe which not much can be done. As people/humans, you are right, are attitudes, thoughts and feelings will determine if we go to World War 3 soon or not or whether we choose to create peace and love. Because when it comes down to it, a greater force will change all of humanity.

I agree with the fact that we have created our own reality, and that is as the old saying goes, "We have nothing to fear bit ourselves".
I also agree that there have been cetain things created, that now, we must face the consequences of. I, IMO only, truly feel that this is not a world ending scenario though. Yes there will be suffering, but we have to face it to understand the truth.
I have seen it (dont care for your what your opinion on this is, but I know what I have experienced and I have come to trust what I see, feel and experience now) and there is some great things coming for us. but there is so much dis info out there, that by creating this negativity TPTB are creating the world they want and need. For whatever reasons.

Originally posted by Jim Scott

I live each day working, loving my family. I have nothing to do with making the big world go bad.

I can't walk on water, raise the dead, speak in foreign tongues. Heck, I have a hard time with complex math.

Pretty big assumption.

It not only about creating your own reality, its also learning and watching for those "sign posts" that point us in the intended directions and lessons to be learnt, if we keep missing these lessons or "sign posts", they will eventually get bigger and worse as time draws on, only until you learn this lessons and start to see the sign posts, even actively, does the picture become clearer and you realise its not ALL about CREATING.
Yes create but you also have to learn and SEE that is part of the "Deal" as such.

Love and Light xx

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Yes, you do. And you just did. And you are still doing it right now.

I live each day working, loving my family.

And that is exactly the reality you create. You don't feel as though you ever got a choice in it?

Pretty big assumption.

Yes, and it isn't an assumption.

No, I'm not being so self-centered as to expect to control the entire universe from this little body here. If that's the kind of power you lust after, you'll never get it, and a good thing, too. I trust the universe to do it's own thing. However, I also play an active role in it, especially in my immediate environment, and especially when I am aware of it, how I do it, etc.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Love the post, OP. I have noticed a general increase in people who actually believe this exact same thing.

I am one of them. Nearly every single post I make on ATS is about consciousness and choice.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
To those who disagreeing with the OP, you have to remember that there are two parts to reality - what you perceive it to be and what it actually is, and even so, there are many ways people will interpret it, so yes, you do create your own reality and build on it. It is your responsibility to do what you will with the world, not vice versa.

Reality is not defined by what is but what you see or make it as. Politicians do it all the time. They create this whirlwind of a future reality, spewing lies in your face, and people cheer like idiots, chant the mantras (yes we can!) then when elected, reality sets in - he realizes he has to work for the bigwigs above him and you realize he is no different from the others.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

We create this reality.

I agree with the basics of what you are saying. And I like your sentiment.

But you'd be surprised (maybe) how few people outside this website and others like it really know anything about "2012". And outside the USA even less so. Even those who do know about it don't give it much thought. So don't worry: I don't think there is really all much mental energy going in the direction of this "prophesy".

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
2012 is just a new age from the mayan calender. Whoever says the world is going to end by nuclear holocaust or total destruction of earth are just creating propaganda.

I agree; heck, it's a real possibility that the Mayans said, "wait, we're making calendars for hundreds of years in the future? I'm bored, let's do something else."

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ineverknew

maybe, or maybe they knew it was a important time. not necessarily "bad" at all. it's all on how you interpret them.
i think it means something significant.
so hope the Maya knew what they were doing!

otherwise, them guys got my hopes up all for nothing!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Perfect example?
Elections.
We elect the very people who elect to screw us over!
Then we throw a fit and blame everyone else!
While they all rob us right out in the open. Perfect.

Why is it so hard to imagine the country being so frustrated with the left now that they choose the right wing to lead again?
Then as you may know(if you read history)we will have more wars with only a slim chance they wont use nukes or some other godawfull weapon.
History proves this is the way it always works. It's like clockwerk.

Other oil producing and consuming nations are wanting to dump the dollar.
I'm sure we wont stand for that for very long!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by bsbray11

You are correct in that we create our own reality, however as a group consciousness humanity has chosen a violent and cataclysmic event to bring about an inevitable evolutionary change.

There are more wars going on now than in any other part of history. There is more pain and suffering, more greed, more indifference for fellow humans…the list goes on.

Humans have not evolved socially for 2000 years. We still condone public executions, racism, bigotry and hate.

Therefore, the only way to rid the world of its ills is to wipe the slate clean and start again. Not everyone will die, but all cities and towns will be gone.
I predicted 10 years ago the signs to look out for and they are all coming to pass, just like I was shown. Earthquakes, tsunamis, wild weather, droughts, fire storms and an increase in the temperature. These events will all increase in both quantity and intensity.

I know a lot of people like to poo-poo 2012 and Earth Changes, but take a look around – it has begun!

new topics

top topics

join