It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Series "V"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ok, I put this in Skunk Works b/c let's face it, it's late and I've seen this commercial twice now and it's awkward.

This new series called "V" shows an alien space ship displaying a face in the sky which makes me think of Bluebeam, then they show a ship over...Rio de Janeiro form the vantage point of the statue over looking the city.

I thought it seemed weird and I've seen threads started over less so I wanted to make one before somebody else did, lol.

Let the comments and theories commence!

Also, I thought it was weird that the ship is shown over Rio de Janeiro seeing as how they just won the Olympic bid for 2016.

[edit on 4-10-2009 by mkross1983]

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

Well, this isn't the same commercial but this is a youtube clip of the series.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mkross1983

I thought it seemed weird and I've seen threads started over less

Well, considering the 2016 games will be held there, I'd say there is your tie-in...

E.T. shows up in Rio and announces to the world that the series 'V' has been cancelled and that the real deal has arrived...

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

lol I WAS thinking that, stop reading my mind.

Too bad edits don't have timestamps just the date :-p but you know I already had it there before you commented.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The way wikipedia puts it, the show sounds like a cross between Animorphs and Torchwood: Children of Earth. It seems like its going to be good. There's probably not a hidden agenda behind the show.

It's funny how some people on here can make something like a t.v show seem like something that its not.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Watch the original, highly recommended. They show up on all major cities around the world. Also the draconian alien conspiracy is a very big thing in it and probably done much better than this remake.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Since you haven't mentioned this yet. "V" is a remake of a short, but popular show from the mid-1980's. I hope that the story will be a little better than the last time around-at least the tech till be.

I just think it is a bot odd with all the movies that have been made recently: Division 9, 2012, The Knowing... but maybe it is really the money.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocketgirl
It's funny how some people on here can make something like a t.v show seem like something that its not.

Yeah, I know it's silly to make a thread about it but I guarantee you if I hadn't somebody else would have. I might as well start some now and then.

But check out the commercial, it was on ABC twice tonight during a college football game. It's interesting to see the connections if only just for a thought experiment.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well, the only info I can offer is that it is a remake of a 1980's mini series. I think the commercial is creepy, but possibly only coincidental.

Now if you want to talk about t.v. shows getting too close to the truth, I suggest watching Jericho. One of the best shows I've seen, period. I think there is even a website devoted to its being pulled off the air because of its premise. There might even be a thread on here about it.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by yadda333
Well, the only info I can offer is that it is a remake of a 1980's mini series. I think the commercial is creepy, but possibly only coincidental.

Now if you want to talk about t.v. shows getting too close to the truth, I suggest watching Jericho. One of the best shows I've seen, period. I think there is even a website devoted to its being pulled off the air because of its premise. There might even be a thread on here about it.

That sounds cool if only slightly b/c it was pulled. I did indeed find out it's a remake, the graphics look pretty good. I just noticed like ShadowMaster said that there are a lot of "alien" things coming out lately and thought the imagery was interesting.

EDIT: Credited wrong poster

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Oh man oh man I loved the original series I used to watch it with my parents when I was like 7 years old. The guy who played Freddy Cruger(Robert englund) was one of the main alien charaters. I hope the new one is cool.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowMaster

It's all about 'hitting' on what's a currently popular theme and it's absolutely all about the money or more exactly what's most likely to get you to eagerly part with your cash for an experience which most often turns out to be disappointing overall.

Yet we go for it every time in droves so it's necessary to frequently remind
yourself that it's not reality, just escapist entertainment to get your mind off the boring reality of everyday existance.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
reply to post by ShadowMaster

It's all about 'hitting' on what's a currently popular theme and it's absolutely all about the money or more exactly what's most likely to get you to eagerly part with your cash for an experience which most often turns out to be disappointing overall.

Yet we go for it every time in droves so it's necessary to frequently remind
yourself that it's not reality, just escapist entertainment to get your mind off the boring reality of everyday existance.

lol, this is true but isn't that what being entertained is all about? Getting away from reality once in a while and not have to worry about real life?

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   
For people who have read Zechariah Sitchen's or Erich von Daniken's books, it might mean this: both authors tell of all religions being born out of extraterrestrial visitors. The big statue in Rio is of Jesus Christ. Perhaps something subliminal is going on, here! I have the original miniseries from 1983-84; it's great but there is no mention of a religious premise. This might be the element that makes the new series different.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Getting mixed feelings here. On one hand, im excited because the original was a classic, and I absolutely loved it. On the other hand, this kind of remake often becomes a complete mess...

Trailer looking decent, at least.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   
SO we gettin the sho V back. Mayne i was single digit age and still remember mst of that show -IT WAS BASED ON REPTILLIANS WHO CAN WEAR HUMAN SKIN- LOL IF ITS BACK O AGAIN. THe crazy thing is they were stealing all the water and people of earth for food. SMH @ V RETURNING IT WAS A GREAT SERIES FOR SCIENCE FICTION FOLKZ.

new topics

join