It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking Gives Up Academic Title

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

If the John Titor Story is a hoax... he is the only man that could be responsible... I say this as a believer in the story with an open enough mind to allow for the possibility.

To quote the band 3 doors down "It's not my time, I'm not going".

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

You know that he cant do anything on his own now beyond batter his eyelids and just about move his fingers (not his arm or hand). He hardly has unfettered net access like you do, research is done on his behalf by assistants sure (university students mostly) and then read to him, with his home needs taken care of my private carers (local people, advertisement via the local paper every year or so).

So what if he has two ex-wives ? His last one abused him, no idea why the first marriage broke down but I can't imagine its easy to live with him.

I think trying to link him to something sinister when he is just trying to provide us with answers to questions we want answering, and doing so in a very open manner, is uncalled for.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It's Higgs boson, not Hawking boson that the academic predators are hunting for on the border of France and Switzerland. That's because Hawking's head wasn't imaginative enough to provide a clue to the Standard Model's weakest spot. I think Hawking's life-long contribution to the research of things that no one really needs is a bubble blown up a bit too large.

[edit on 10/4/2009 by stander]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I have no idea what Dr. Hawking expects to materialize from the LHC but I'm hoping the new data can be interpreted as a super symmetry that is intuitive enough to get my brain cells around.

When you have limited information to build from, the tendency is to prove what you are looking for rather than to objectively define the underlying truth. So even when the LHC creates a Higgs there will be competing theories as to whether it is a Higgs or Higgs' LOL!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join