It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Pub: Ghost believed to be topping up beers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hi ATSers,
out of al the ghost stories I've read over the years this appears to me as the most welcome one!
No rattling chains or eirrie voices here; just a convenient top-up to your glass of beer.
Ahh, if only this ghost haunted my local!

A PUBLICAN in England is bringing in an exorcist to try and get rid of a ghost she claims is topping up customers' pints.

Janice McCormack, 60, calls the ghost "Reedy" after legendary British actor and boozer Oliver Reed and says he has been haunting the Apsley House in Southsea, Hampshire, since she took over the lease 10 years ago. And she claims since January the generous ghoul has been mysteriously topping up regulars' glasses and costing her a fortune, Britain's Daily Mail reports. "I know it sounds strange," Ms McCormack said. "But it happens when customers pop to the toilet or put their pint down for a second, when they turn around there is an extra inch of beer." Ms McCormack said her regulars "love it" but claimed the ghost was costing her a fortune as customers weren't paying for as much booze. "We are getting more people through the door but it seems to be people expecting a cheap, never-ending pint," she said.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Can someone provide me with directions to this pub?

I would love to have a ghost like that

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Yeah, classic isnt it!
I heard of sceptics saying that usually people that encounter this sort of thing are usually under the weather; but ths is ridiculous!

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KRISKALI777

From source:

"I know it sounds strange," Ms McCormack said. "But it happens when customers pop to the toilet or put their pint down for a second, when they turn around there is an extra inch of beer."

That may not be beer the ghost is topping off the pints with...

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by happygolucky

Well I've heard they don't chill the beer there too; do you suggest ectoplasm or some other plasm???

[edit on 10/3/2009 by KRISKALI777]

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by happygolucky

Well I've heard they don't chill the beer there too; do you suggest ectoplasm or some other plasm???

[edit on 10/3/2009 by KRISKALI777]

A nice domestic ecto always seems to bring out the best in people...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/517f33f823cb.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

join